Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

commence eye rolling

Hello all and thank you for reading.

So here is my deal probably pretty stupid compared to some but it bothers me. I have almost lost 50 lbs since Feb 12, 2010, when I started my pre op diet till now being about 1 month post op. That's good, I know but I can’t see it! Its killing me that everyone else can see it and I can’t. It’s frustrating! I almost feel like they are lying about seeing a difference because if there was one of course I would see it first, right!? I went down a pant size but I’m still in the same size shirts and everything else. My double chin is just as double....sigh..... I know, I'm just expecting too much from 50 lbs and as I'm writing this I'm telling myself, you have to be patient. It’s just annoying taking a picture and putting it next to one at your heaviest and seeing no difference and even though the scale is moving it’s disheartening to see.

There is my rant I’m sorry.

Thanks again for reading.

Ash;

Patience, my Dear. That’s what you need. Patience.

Thus far, you have done fantastic. There is no other way to describe it.

I do understand how you feel. Once you have begun the process of losing the weight, every day seems like an eternity. But you will begin to see more noticeable results before long. I can practically guarantee that.

You had a LOT to lose. And you have lost nearly 25% of that, and that alone should make you ecstatic. And the rest of it WILL come.

Our bodies are very, very funny when it comes to weight loss. You can lose inches in the strangest places….the weight does not come off uniformly. There are parts of you that will just kind of hang on to the fat, for a while. But….it WILL come off eventually.

I’m not going to tell you to work harder, or exercise more, or any of that because, frankly, your rate of weight loss thus far has been very, very good.

I know that you already know all of this….you said it yourself!

So relax, and look forward to the time in the not-so-distant future when you can look back on all of this and laugh about it.

It WILL happen.

S.

Edited by Spartan

Pictures, the only way I can see my weight loss is if I take a picture. Find a comparison picture from before, then take a new one in the same position. Then you can really see the difference, you live in that body everyday so the changes are subtle but from the non blinking camera it will really help you see.

Ash;

Patience, my Dear. That’s what you need. Patience.

Thus far, you have done fantastic. There is no other way to describe it.

I do understand how you feel. Once you have begun the process of losing the weight, every day seems like an eternity. But you will begin to see more noticeable results before long. I can practically guarantee that.

You had a LOT to lose. And you have lost nearly 25% of that, and that alone should make you ecstatic. And the rest of it WILL come.

Our bodies are very, very funny when it comes to weight loss. You can lose inches in the strangest places….the weight does not come off uniformly. There are parts of you that will just kind of hang on to the fat, for a while. But….it WILL come off eventually.

I’m not going to tell you to work harder, or exercise more, or any of that because, frankly, your rate of weight loss thus far has been very, very good.

I know that you already know all of this….you said it yourself!

So relax, and look forward to the time in the not-so-distant future when you can look back on all of this and laugh about it.

It WILL happen.

S.

Thank you so much for your response! Even though I knew I was being silly you really put it into perspective. I guess it takes someone you don't know telling you to really get it. :thumbup: Again thank you and I am going to say what you said to remind me when I'm beating myself up over silly things. :thumbup:

Pictures, the only way I can see my weight loss is if I take a picture. Find a comparison picture from before, then take a new one in the same position. Then you can really see the difference, you live in that body everyday so the changes are subtle but from the non blinking camera it will really help you see.

Thank you!:thumbup: