Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New To site starting my Journey..

Sounds like your process is much quicker than what I am going through. I started in December and am waiting now for surgeon call to schedule surgery.

I am also new..to the site..I have been reading for a while but have not contributed. I have found many journeys so inspirational and just an outlet for me to confirm the journey I have begun. Lydia you have been so kind in sharing all your information. I am too from SI. I am hoping for surgery in July. So far-- I have have completed bloodwork, sono of adm..DVT of legs -PCP visits from Jan -- APril is this week. Nutrition is next month with psyc eval...and EGd is tomorrow. Cardiologists at the end of the month. In addition I did the sleep apnea study and yes I have it- 77 episodes in an hr.

Right now one of my big battles is that i have started with my c-pap machine and I am having a heck of time with the mask. Its leaves huge imprints- I am only on night 3 but I am fustrated. Last night at 4AM I had to take it off and just breath ...I do have my follow up with pulmonary in a few weeks so I assume we can work ..

In addition...I am trying to calorie count and reduce my intake to lose weight. I feel I have been unsuccessful..only losing about 7 lbs in 3months. I keep feeling like many and this is my last meal...also when I do really stick to my diet I am fustruated because I am not seeing a decrease in weight.

So this site...is right up my alley and look forward to reading your future posts. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

:wink::unsure::scared2:

I hear you on the sleep apnea mask. I went for my second sleep apnea test because first one they never even applied mask. Well after second test this year, the mask left a huge imprint on my face that lasted two days. I think the tech tightened it just a bit too much.

I now have my date- May 26- but haven't been submitted for approval yet because I still need some test results sent, and have a pre-op nutrition class this afternoon. But the office said not to worry- thank heavens I have good insurance.

Edited by AnneGG

Hi Anita. Welcome to this site. I, too, am relatively new to the site (about 2 or 3 months) I've been reading about this new way of life and looking forward to being healthier and lighter when this is all said and done. My name is Anita too; 50 year old mother of two (27 & 30) and married for 10 years this year. I told myself I would never be as heavy as I am (240), but somehow here I am. A lot of my eating was stress eating and I've been through quite a bit of heartache and loss these past couple of years (losing my mom); but now I'm ready to do something for me and make me feel better. I'm almost to the end I believe; I've had my nutrionist visits for 5 months, psych visit, sleep study, gastro and now waiting to start pre-op diet. I haven't loss any weight yet, but plan on starting early on either the liquid diet or 1200 calorie diet to be sure I can have the surgery. At this rate, it will probably not be until late July or August, but better late than never. I need a buddy and supporter too, so we can stay in touch and give each other support; especially on those days when we think we can't/won't make it. My email address is Vickivail7160@yahoo.com. Stay in touch.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches