Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just scedualaed my tummy tuck surgery!

Well, I dont know about the rest of you but I have major amounts of loose skin on my stomach! I am really close to goal weight and went in for a plastic surgery consult with one of the best plastic surgons in the country. He told me that I was doing great and that he could get rid of all the skin. My surgery date is may 17th. I hope to loose 15 pounds before then (whick I am working out even harder with still running)! I am just very scared. Is anyone else contimplating a TT? Or do you know someone who has gone through it and give me advice? Please let me know any advice or support would be greatly appriciated!!

Congrats, I hope all goes well. Are you still going to run in San Diego? Who was the PS I am in AZ to. Is the skin on your thighs flabby (that is my biggest problem) or has running helped?

Running has really helped my legs. I dont have any problems with skin there, but a lot with my stomach. I really want to do the San Diego marathon but with this I wont beable to run for 2 months! But instead I will do the one in Disneyland, and then I have one in december in Vegas, and the full marathon here in january!

Oh yeah and my PS is Dr. Lillie in scottsdale. Check him out they are amazing and so nice over there!

Wow, LOM, congrats! You are doing so well. That will really make your running more comfortable. Good luck! Keep us updated. :)

The Disneyland one looks fun. Well lets hope that running helps with mine a little more. Can't wait to see your after pics. I know you will look great.

I have a PS consult tomorrow. I am about 30lbs to goal and have a very large panni. I wanted to wait to goal by my lap band dr told me that i needed to get it taking care of because of the rashes i am getting. I am very scared about my appointment i have had several surgerys but nothing like this with a cut from hip to hip.

Reneek let me know how your consult goes! Im now moving too very excited about my surgery. I have been stepping up my exercise to insaine lately. everynight I run at least 2 miles and then do the Jillian micheals 30 day shred. I wanted to lose an additional 20 pounds before surgery but the scale has not moved...but I have gone down another dress size and I now have major muscle in all my body( more firm a lot less flab..lol)! I have my pre op consult the 20th of this month so I will get a more detailed lowdown of what to expect! Hope you get all the info that you need/want at your consult.

I had a TT in January. The best advice is to make sure you get some kind of stomach binder. It really helps. If they tell you that it won't hurt when they take out the drains, they lie. Mine told me it would be easy and it hurt like hell.

don´t know anyone, but i am sure you´ll do just fine, plus i am also sure that with this surgery your stomach will look just great!!!! goodluck and please keep us posted.:frown:

Ok, so now my nerves are really hitting me. My Tummy Tuck is schedualed for monday at 8am but I have to be there at 6am. I dont remember being this nervous about lapband surgery, even though I probably was (i even had lap band surgery in mexico)! I am having my Tummy tuck in scottsdale az by a reputable dr. I dont even know how to explain the excitment/terror I feel. I have 3 little ones at home so I have someone moving in for 3 weeks to help me, so that is a plus. Has anyone else wanted or seen a dr. yet about a tummy tuck? I just hope I am as satisfied with this surgery as I was with the band surgery! I am almost at 100 pounds lost and my one yr bandaversary is the 29th of may! I cant wait to post on here after surgery and Im feeling better! I hope to heal quickly and get back out there running 1/2 marathons!!! counting down to monday....!!!!

ok,, so I had my Tummy Tuck surgery monday. It went great as far as I can tell...Im still bandaged up. I was sent home tuesday at noon. My pain has been under control so it hasnt beem as bad as I expected. I am definatly drowsy all the time from the meds, but I rather that then pain! My first follow up appointment is tuesday next week where they will take off the bandages and take out my new belly button stitches. I will have to wait and see if they will take out the drain tubes then or if I will have to have them in another week after that. So all in all Im doing great and hoping for a speedy recovery. Have a great day everyone!!!!

I'm so glad to hear you are doing well! Thank-you for posting - I think you are taking the lead on post-op reconstructive surgery within our group of mayo Banditos, and I am very interested in hearing all about your experience and results. I wish you a speedy recovery and great satisfaction with your procedure! Having a flat tummy would be beyond a dream come true for me!

Congratulations, LOM! :thumbup: Glad to hear it went well. Looking forward to hearing more progress updates! :laugh::thumbup:

Take good care of yourself. :thumbup:

How are you feeling Less of me? I am so scared i am waiting on insurance i should be having my surgery soon with in a month. I didn't fair so well when it comes to my skin my bellie is so bad it hurts to run when i excersice because of it.