Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Need Advice From The Experts!

I can’t believe I am posting here.:w00t: When I started this journey I didn’t think that I would be getting an extended Tummy Tuck. I thought I would lose weight, and I would be done, but now I want more…okay really I want less. (No more muffin top.)When I started out I had this vision of becoming 140 pounds, and a size 10, but in reality for the last year my body has been perfectly happy at 168.

I have exercised, tried South Beach, and I even went vegan! But nothing and I mean nothing seems to budge my scale.< /span>:) (I tried to return my scale thinking it must be broken, but since it was four years old, and my excuse was what it was; the store didn’t go for it.) After one year I decided that my dreams of 140 were…let’s say lofty, and I decided that I would be okay with a size 12, and my current weight. (Hey it’s better than a size 22, right?):hurray:

Here is the crux…

I have the classic ‘Hey-You’ve-Lost-A-Lot-Of-Weight-Apron’ hanging down, and the famous muffin top.:jaw: I was wondering if anyone has been in my position, and most importantly what were your results? I am not looking to be a size 2…or even a size 8, but any information you can share would be helpful.

How much weight was lost after surgery?

Did you still have a ‘muffin top’?

Did you have to get separate lipo’?

How much was your extended tummy tuck with Lipo?

How many sizes did you lose?

And most importantly were you happy with the results?

I have disclosed my weight of 168 and my height of 5’4, and currently a size 12 with muffin top. If I wear a size 14 then I have no muffin issues, instead I have ‘Why are my pants falling on the floor?’ issues. I can’t win.:banghead:

*I know everyone is different. I am just trying to get a perspective- I promise I won’t hold you to it. I am going to have the famous consultation with the surgeon next month. I don’t want to get my hopes up to high; I want to have a small idea of I am getting into before I get there.

Amy:

I wanted to share with you my thoughts on plastic surgery when at size 12/14. I had my Tummy Tuck last May at size 12/14. I am thrilled with the results. After losing 140+ pounds I had an apron that I hated. I can get past the other loose skin, but not that apron.

To answer your questions specifically:

How much weight was lost after surgery? I actually gained some, but am now hanging in the 185 to 190 range. I'm 5'7" and still have alot of excess weight in my thighs and calves. My tummy is nice and flat!

Did you still have a ‘muffin top’? No more muffin top, or muffins in the tummy either.

Did you have to get separate lipo’? My surgeon did some Lipo, primarily in the mons area, when she did the tummy tuck. She also did a little bit in the "muffin top" area.

How much was your extended tummy tuck with lipo? Mine wasn't extended, and based on what I've read here, mine was more expensive than most.

How many sizes did you lose? Didn't lose any sizes, but fit much better into what I do wear. Love not having my tummy hit my legs when I sit down.

And most importantly were you happy with the results? I am very happy with the results. No more rashes. No embarassing apron.

Best part - a woman that I know told me that I have the abdomen of 17 or 18 year old, and I just turned 50!

Best wishes to you.

Sue

Hiya. I had reached goal weight and have a BMI of 24.1 and I had a huge apron of skin hanging down in the front and a huge pouch above my belly button too. I had an inverted T abdominoplasty on 12th February this year.

I'm 5ft 9 tall and weigh 72 kg or 158 lbs. Before the op I was wearing a uk size 14 (us size 10) and I am now able to wear a UK size 12, which is a US size 8. When I had the abdominoplasty I lost 7 inches off my waist. They removed 2 kg of skin (I think - my memory is getting bad and it was only two and a half weeks ago). However the tightening and repair of the abdominal muscles has acted like a band fill and I am able to eat less food than before so I have lost 1kg (2 lbs) or so since I had the op.

I have no muffin top and I did not have any Lipo. I lost 1 size (I was wearing a uk size 14/us size 10 before the op). My surgeon has told me that the scar will be invisible in one year and the bit above the belly button is already nearly invisible. I have one small "dog ear" at the top of the vertical incision but the surgeon says she can correct that very easily. I am utterly delighted with the results.