Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

tuesday 16th february is my day ..i need support

i need someone who have done the surgery ..

i am really scared

i know its the right thing to do

i hope it goes fine .. with the anesthesia and postoperative pain

I was so scared. everything worked out great. Banded 2/4/10 Pain was not to bad. Walked the first night. I took the percocet also (smile). You go in they ask for urine, then put a IV in . YOu talk to the doctors, and after you wake up I needed pain meds and they gave them to me. You will do great

I was banded 2-12 yesterday. Mostly discomfort and gas. They give u med for pain and it works. But you won't be able to drink much so go sloooooow. I still feel like it was worth it. Hope all goes well for you. And get a lapband buddy. It helps! Me and my buddy had it done 1 day apart and we text all day everyday and it helps

I was banded 1/4/10 also. I am so thankful I went through with my surgery. Leading up to it though I thought all kinds of things. Alot of what if's... i didn't consider what if this goes great and I lose the weight and I am not tired and I can be active again. So many people are living that what if right now and now I am one of them. The crossover from preop to postop is not easy and is scary but it is worth the trouble. You are worth the trouble.

Hi there...I was banded 2/16/09..I am down 90 lbs. The band is a tool. The surgery was fine..I followed my doctor's orders and it all worked. It was really hard the first probably 6 months. I am not a fast loser obviously. But I kept plugging along and followed what my dr said. It gets better. It is a struggle but I am very glad. I still would LOVE to lose another 30 lbs - we'll see. Again, the surgery was ok, followed instructions, took the week off from work, mostly slept, and for the first couple of months felt like I hadn't even had surgery. No restriction. It didn't kick in until around Mayish...but it was good and started to work. Yes, I had pain in my left shoulder..been told it's gas pain..it eventually subsided. Lost hair like u would not believe. That too has just recently subsided..still feels thin though. Had many pbing episodes..but u have to work w/it and see what works for u. Definitely gets better w/time. You learn from it. I did an unnecessary blood work eval about 2 mos ago - all was normal. Thought about WW and needing some structure but if u listen to ur dr all should fall into place. I didn't start exercising until I was down about 50 lbs. I was too fat! Since then I exercise at least 4x a week and can tell I need to lift more to help with loose skin, etc. Still learning. ALL GOOD! Good luck!

thanks alot for all your replies.. ive got severe cold few days ago and i had to postpone maybe a week or so till all the coughing goes away ..

i am reading in the forum all the time and i am more relaxed after reading other's experience

ill keep it posted hope it all goes well for me

thnx

Keep us posted what happens. Where are you having your lap band done and where do you live?

thanks alot for all your replies.. ive got severe cold few days ago and i had to postpone maybe a week or so till all the coughing goes away ..

i am reading in the forum all the time and i am more relaxed after reading other's experience

ill keep it posted hope it all goes well for me

thnx

Keep us posted what happens. Where are you having your LAP-BAND® done and where do you live?

i had my surgery 22nd february

i am still in the gassy discomfort phase

i also have some dizziness .. maybe because of the change to liquid diet 9 i had no liquid diet pre op-)

i need to know when i will start losing weight ?

Hi I just had my surgery on the 18th , I was wondering when the lose starts too. Tomm is my 1st post op apt. I feel ok , still have pain i think where the port is located...but i have done no pain meds at all , since i had a bad reaction to them even before this surgery im not willing to take a risk,so i just do regular tylenol before bed.My shoulder neck thing is killing me.Well Ill see tomm after my apt. Tomm will be my first day to drive too let me know how your doing

Hi I just had my surgery on the 18th , I was wondering when the lose starts too. Tomm is my 1st post op apt. I feel ok , still have pain i think where the port is located...but i have done no pain meds at all , since i had a bad reaction to them even before this surgery im not willing to take a risk,so i just do regular tylenol before bed.My shoulder neck thing is killing me.Well Ill see tomm after my apt. Tomm will be my first day to drive too let me know how your doing

i am in 4th day PO .. i have less gases still the pain in the area of the port and i cant walk totally upright

i eat veg soup( only fluid) and nonsweetened apple juice .. also clear fluids and strawberry +yoghurt shake

i think i lost about 2 kilos only (5lbs)

i ll go to the dr on saturday

but is there smthg i am doing wrong?

is there a tip to follow to lose more

like no milk or no yoghurt or no juice?

Jasmine .. has the nutritionist or your surgeon given you a diet plan or instructions on what you should and should not eat?

I would strictly follow those guidelines. They know what they're doing. You don't want to compromise your health to lose weight more quickly. Your body still needs nutrition.

I know how anxious I am to lose the weight. I have to keep telling myself that I didn't gain the weight overnight so I can't expect to lose it overnight (or within a few months) either.

I'm getting banded 3/10 and begin my pre-op diet in 3 days. I'm so excited!

I'm happy to hear that your surgery went well! Take care of yourself!

Jasmine, my doctor has me on a full liquid diet which basically allows Protein Drinks, broth, Clear Liquids, jello/popsicles, strained cream of chicken Soup or carnation instant Breakfast (sugar free). I had my surgery on 19th, and so far I lost the few extra Fluid lbs from all the IV's and then 12 lbs from my surg day wt. Make sure you get all your fluids in, its important to avoid dehydration due to the limited diet.

Jasmine .. has the nutritionist or your surgeon given you a diet plan or instructions on what you should and should not eat?

I would strictly follow those guidelines. They know what they're doing. You don't want to compromise your health to lose weight more quickly. Your body still needs nutrition.

I know how anxious I am to lose the weight. I have to keep telling myself that I didn't gain the weight overnight so I can't expect to lose it overnight (or within a few months) either.

I'm getting banded 3/10 and begin my pre-op diet in 3 days. I'm so excited!

I'm happy to hear that your surgery went well! Take care of yourself!

i strictly follow the guidelines they said ..

its just i am checking maybe i can lose more

plus i am not sure of the amounts .. is it open

i am not hungry ..

i just feel good when i sip .. slowly any drink

thnx for ur answer

good luck in ur operation