Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

what did u eat on solid food phase, b4 ur 1st fill

what did u eat on solid food phase, b4 ur 1st fill........ ok so, i am at that point where i dont know what to do... i can eat solids already but i havent had a fill, i feel that if i dont chew really good the food gets a little stuck or it hurts a bit... i dont know if my surgeon did a fill at the time of the surgery and i am getting a fill march 8...

so, i dont know how much, how often should i eat, and what type of food i should eat... i mean healthy stuff off course, but something i should avoid? like red meat.... i am confused on what i should do until i get my 1st fill.

Red meat is usually higher in fat. Some people have issues with bread, Pasta and rice, but those things expand oce they go down.

I did egg beaters, low fat cheese sticks, canned chicken breast w/ lowfat mayo, baked chicken, green Beans, fat free yogurt, oatmeal, Cereal and hard boiled eggs.

I do Breakfast, lunch, snack dinner. Breakfast and lunch are usually 3 to 4 hours apart.

Hope this helps!

so, i dont know how much, how often should i eat, and what type of food i should eat... i mean healthy stuff off course, but something i should avoid? like red meat.... i am confused on what i should do until i get my 1st fill.

Start with your Proteins (chicken, beef, pork, fish, tofu, eggs, etc.), then eat your vegies, then your carbs (breads, potatoes, rice, peas, corn, etc.).

There's nothing wrong with red meat and no reason to avoid it.

Honestly, since you probably have little to no restriction, you can eat most anything you want...but of course, you SHOULD try to stick to a diet. I did it the old fashioned way---good old calorie counting, and following the rules of the band--eating Protein first, then veggies,e tc. It is difficult but often in the beginning--before you have resriction, you have to do most of the dieting work on your own!! It gets easier as you get more restriction, but even then you have to really watch what you eat. For example, I could easily eat a pint of Ben and Jerrys!! But if I did that everyday, I would never lose weight....

Great advise KKarryall.

I am in the same boat...I get my first fill Monday. I have pretty much eaten what I wanted. (with in reason...I didn't have major surgery to eat a bag of doritos for dinner :thumbup: I use the lose it app on my iPhone and track the calories I consume. So far, I haven't had a problem w/ any food, but I do make sure I chew really well. If I eat too fast, I get a lovely punch in the chest and have to stop eating for a while. From the books I have read about the band...no food is completely off limits. You just need to add one new food at a time to make sure it is something YOU can tolerate b/c we are all different. (it kind of reminds me of when you introduce solid food into a baby's diet to make sure they aren't allergic!)

Good Luck!

Great advise KKarryall.

I am in the same boat...I get my first fill Monday. I have pretty much eaten what I wanted. (with in reason...I didn't have major surgery to eat a bag of doritos for dinner :thumbup: I use the lose it app on my iPhone and track the calories I consume. So far, I haven't had a problem w/ any food, but I do make sure I chew really well. If I eat too fast, I get a lovely punch in the chest and have to stop eating for a while. From the books I have read about the band...no food is completely off limits. You just need to add one new food at a time to make sure it is something YOU can tolerate b/c we are all different. (it kind of reminds me of when you introduce solid food into a baby's diet to make sure they aren't allergic!)

Good Luck!

thanks for the the reply... also get that punch in the chest if i dont chew well... i was getting kind of scared, so is it normal? we just have to chew better???

what book is it? what else does it say on food not being off limits, so it just depends on what each person can tolerate? i found out that i get stomach aches when i eat red meat... dunno why... it didnt happen before the band.