Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had EDG today found ulcers...

The same surgeon that did this will be doing my surgery and when I asked him if the ulcers would delay my surgery he said that I may be better off with the bypass instead.

Anyone else have ulcers and still get the band? Any trouble afterwards?

Thanks!!

When I had my preop EDG, they found an ulcer, too. My surgeon treated the ulcer, I had a repeat EDG in 4 weeks and then they scheduled my surgery. I still take acidphex daily, but I haven't had any problem with my band. In fact, I've been very pleased.

Cindy

I have a coule of small ulcers and hope this doesnt interfere w/ the surg. Gastris problems actually......anyone w/ ulcers see a change for the better sine their band??

I was scheduled for lapband surgery on 1-22. I did the upper EDG a couple days before the surgery, and the Gastro Dr said I had some issues in the esophogus and throat. They cancelled my surgery and said they would need to wait for the biopsy to determine next steps. They said I had h-pylori, and started treatment which took a couple of weeks. I am having surgery tomorrow, so I believe all is well. I will be test again for the h-pylori in a 6 weeks.

Reading about the h-pylori, I understand it can cause ulcers and other problems if not treated, so I was blessed to find it. Otherwise I wouldn't have ever known.

hi cwm812, id really appreciate if you would let me know what meds they used so you could get your lapband. cause all i seem to keep reading is that if you have an ulcer you cant get a lapband and i was so happy to be getting one, to then think this could mean i cant. im devestated.

hope u are doing well

j

hi cwm812, id really appreciate if you would let me know what meds they used so you could get your LAP-BAND®. cause all i seem to keep reading is that if you have an ulcer you cant get a LAP-BAND® and i was so happy to be getting one, to then think this could mean i cant. im devestated.

hope u are doing well

j

To treat my ulcer, the doctor but me on Nexium and Carafate. I took both for 3 weeks, and then he repeated the EGD and the ulcer was healed. I haven't had ulcer issues since banding, but if my band is too tight, I do get some reflux. I've managed to problem with very small fills and over-the-counter meds like prilosec and prevacid.

Cindy

hi shixa, im not sure yet but may be in the same boat as you. did you mean that you went for the gastric sleeve instead and is it reversible, not like the stapled bypass. i would never consider it. hope you will let me know and also how you are doing now.

thanks so much

cakey x

Hi I have been banded for 14 months. After many fills and a few unfills it was finally discovered that I have 3 ulcers. They were biopsied and according to the lab report I have chronic gastritis. Does anyone know if its safe to keep the band with this condition?

Thanks

Jamie :blushing:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches