Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"Results not typical"?

Hi, I am hoping to do this soon. I FEEL ready to commit to making the changes. I also felt committed each time I've started weight watchers or another exercise program. At the bottom of the pictures in all the weight loss ads through programs such as weight watchers, jenny craig, etc, there is always, in fine print, "results not typical." I've always thought I could be one of those "results not typical" people. But as it turns out, I've always been typical...lost some weight, fell off the wagon, and gained it all back plus some. For lap band, are results typical? Do I have a better chance of succeeding?

Thanks,

Jen

There are some statistics floating around about how most bandsters lose a certain percentage (I forget what) of their excess weight. But, based on the bandsters I know and whose blogs I follow, my impression is that everyone who works with their band does very well.

My personal experience is that -- after failing on every single diet I've ever done (and there were countless), I finally found a great solution with the band. I am 15 months post-surgery and. . as of this morning. . . am only 5.2 pounds over my goal!!

It was hard for me to imagine 15 months ago that the day would ever come when I'd only be 5 pounds (OK, 5.2) overweight. I can not imagine that I could have lost 70 (OK. . OK. . 69.8! lol) pounds on a normal diet -- or that I would feel so confident about my ability to keep it off.

I hope that this will be your experience as well!

Best wishes,

Catherine

It is hard to discribe what Lap-band has done for my life. I used to suffer everyday knowing I should not eat this or that but being virtually powerless to stop. Now I have choice, I have control, I have my life back! I hope you gain yours back too!

You look beautiful.