Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

do all docs do fills by sight?

Guest ruflaura3

Guest ruflaura3

my doc did not use an xray machine until after he did fill.How does he know where to inject?My belly is pretty thick, don't think he could of felt the port.

Some feel the port, some use immaging equipment like a flouroscope. I think they go with what ever they feel comfortable with.

I could be wrong, but I don't think the fluoroscope machine is used so much for locating the port. I'd imagine most if not all fill doctors can reliably locate that by touch, barring unusual circumstances. But the amount of fill is trickier, and there seems to be a growing consensus that it's more effective to do fills under fluoro.

If your "fill" doc is the one that did your surgery, then chances are he is familear enough with his own port locations to find it without any special equipment.

My doc never uses fluro for a fill. Sure, there ARE times he isnt able to access a port, but its rare.

I am going for my first filll in one week and I cant wait. I think I need it but I am afraid of an over fill. I can feel my port . It actually can look at my stomach and it looks disfigured where the port is. I know my doctor will have not problems finding it. I can eat more now but had a pbing problem tonight. I ate pizza for the first time and I thought it was going down really easy but when I finished I had a problem. I went out side and threw up. I told the person who I was with that I have acid reflux and the pizza bother it. She didnt ask any more question. But the truth is that I had a bad reflux problem before and I have had not one problem with it since my surgery four weeks ago.

I am going for my first fill on the 7th . I am really nervous also cause I read alot about ppl being overfilled . I also get pain in my shoulder and in the port area after I eat is this normal . Best of luck with your fill .

I also got the pain in my shoulder. Dont worry it should go away. I also have talked to people who have had the pain. I am not sure what it is from. I think it could be gas. I got banded four weeks ago and hold on you will feel way better by each week. Try not to over due it.

You know what? A fill is a piece of cake...esp. when compared to all you went through for the actual surgery!! LOL!!

Not to worry newly banded....the dr will go conservative on the fill amount to be sure you are no overfilled and they are pretty durn good at locating the port.

My doctor just feels for the port he says he can feel the restriction from the amount of pressure he can feel from the syringe of the needle he was accurate I wanted more of a fill but after he checked he gave me what he thought was appropriate it was go figure.

My doc also feels for it and has hit it everytime without incident. He also feels from the pressure - this last fill he was fully prepared to give me 1.5 cc's but stopped at 1 cc because of the pressure on the syringe - and then I had to go get a slight unfill because even 1cc was too much so I ended up with only .5cc more than what I had hence the reason for me going back this weds for another tweek because I need more than the .5 but the 1cc was too much - so I'm going to ask for .3 or .4 more

My Dr. uses fluoro for my fills but always accesses my port before he uses the fluoro machine. He knows exactly where it is and know exactly that he accessed it by touch.