Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Band and bungee good or bad?

So I have had my band for 3 months now and I am dying to go bungee jumping! DOes anyon know if that would be a good or bad idea. I know all doctors have their own opinions so I am just wondering what other doctors think besides mine. I havent asked him yet but see him this weekend and will ask.

I wouldnt be too worried if it was the type of jumping where the rope is tied at your ankles but in Korea I have only seen this type of bungee jumping...

Since the rope goes around my stomach area I am a little nervous :S

Are you crazy? Couldn't you find a safer sport? All kidding aside, first of all, check with your doctor and second, be careful.

Check with your doctor. You must be a daredevil!

hahah that is one of many things I want to do. Now that I know I can fly in a plane without any pain i plan on jumping out of one ( with a parachute of course) and I want to do diving with sharks etc. The list goes on. You only live once gotta make the most of it :thumbup:

You ARE insane, but good for you! You only live once! Take pics for us because I can say with complete certainty that I will NEVER do any of the things you listed.

Holy cow I was terrified just watching the video! I could feel my insides go in a knot like I was the one jumping... So there you have it. I feel like I have bungee jumped.... Scratch one off of the bucket list. Haha...

seriously, I would check with your Dr. It seems like eventually you would be able to do almost anything but you want to make sure you wait long enough after surgery... ANd that does look pretty extreme on the tummy area... I'd wait at least 6 to 12 months to try something so extreme...

YYYYAYYY I got the all clear from my doctor to go jumping. I asked him if I should wait and he said not to worry it would be fine. I showed him the video and he laughed and said he wanted to go too but one of his nurses said he would never do it because he is chicken. Maybe I can convince some people in his office to come and then if anything goes wrong a doctor will be right there lol :biggrin:

I'm not going for a while I must plan everything first but I will post a video once I go :blink:

Hey guys so I went jumping and it was intense. I chickened out of the ankle jumping just because my vertigo was bugging me ( and I just ate lunch which meant my food would be above my balloon which made me nervous for jumping) but did the waist jumping with the highest bridge available to jump from in Korea.

Next time I will ankle jump from a lower bridge. If you want to live vicariously through someone here is my friend who jumped before me. He took a video while jumping. You can hear my friends root for me ("come on Jaclyn") as I stood on the ledge while he is jumping.

When I get my video my friends took i'll post it to. I higly recommend this :)

Rather you than me. We may only live once but death defying stunts like this are not the way I want to live. I hate HEIGHTS.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Haha you are awesome!!

I'm not interested in bungee, but I would SO do everything else you've listed, in a heartbeat! I've wanted to skydive for years, and I have a friend that can't wait to take me. :)