Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2010 Shamrocks Weight Challenge

K we all have our days up and down so hang in there. I'm dealing with heartburn it is getting bad I'm drinking mylanta by the bottle I will have to get an unfill when I see the doctor this month. I have one more week to my appt. I still can eat small amounts my problem is ice cream feel the best going down with the hearthburn so bad and that is not good when this happened before I lost 11lbs but all I could eat was ice cream and the doctor said that is was bad weight lost:thumbdown: but this time I understand what is going on so I willn't let her take out to much this time get a little out to stop the heartburn about 1/2cc or .25cc that way I'll still be tight with no heartburn. As time goes by we learn how to manipulate the band. I'm hoping to get to where I don't have to go back to the doctor for some time. Well thanks for listening to me go on and on. Good Luck to all I will go and try your link it may work for me too.:w00t:

I was using the daily plate and logging everything I ate, then I got to my goal weight and maintained it for about 5 months so quit logging. I think I might have to start again. I am going back to the dr on Wednesday and asking for a little more fill. I was a little over filled and they took out 3/4 and a month later they put 1/4 back I think I need a little bit more.

I am not eating any junk food but eating more at meal times. I haven't given up yet, I plan on getting back to my goal weight.

Name -Starting Wt .......Goal/End Wt 2010 ..CurrentWeight-

SpecialK.............232.2.........155...................231.5

Scrappy_friend....149............135...................149

LadyRoz.............220............190...................216

Well, this isn't good, went backwards and I'm not quite sure why I had a gain this week so I guess I better step up the exercise and watch even more on the food choices. I am going to log the ups and downs here so I keep track of the long term picture and I am weighing on Friday and putting the weight on a calendar that hangs in my bathroom.

SpecialK.............232.2.........155...................231.5

Scrappy_friend....149............135...................145

SpecialK looks like we are playing the same up and down game. I hate it too. I had a small fill on wednesday so with liquids and soft foods I am down 4 pounds this week. I sure hope it keeps going down.

SpecialK.............232.2.........155...................230.1

Okay, I kept thinking how could I have a gain and I weighed this morning and was down all of what yesterday showed I was up and then down some more.

So I guess the scale is playing games but I am hanging in.

I think I need to call for a fill too as I am finding I get hungry faster than I should and if I let myself sit there, I can eat more than a cup of food so I think a small fill might help but it will likely take me 3 weeks to get in for an appt.

SpecialK.............232.2.........155...................229.4

I finally broke into the 220s! Yea!! Lost again this week, slow and steady wins the race -- my personal race that is.

Sorry I haven't been on I started school and my brain has been shut down for 20 years I'm waking up slowly but it is coming together:eek:

K I'm happy for your weight lost. I went to see dr. choban on thurs. she have to unfill me some to much heartburn it is better now she took out 1/2cc I wanted a 1/4cc she said no I'm ok I lost 9lbs all togather I think I posted when I lost the 4lbs before going to the doctor so its 9lbs all togather. I think I'm going to change my goal to 180 I think I'm scare of making it I'm so close I don't want to mess up now. school is hard I don't want to eat because of stress I don't want to fail at school I'm still in the race so far have good grades but it is hard to keep up and not stress eat. On a lighter note can you ask the banders from Cols. if they would like to walk in the MS walk at the zoo to support my daughter it is in april thanks will be back on my next break in class work:thumbup:

Name -Starting Wt .......Goal/End Wt 2010 .CurrentWeight-

SpecialK.............232.2.........155...................229.4

LadyRoz.............220............190...................210

LadyRoz - a walk for MS - can you tell more details, date, location and I will gladly see if we can get more walkers.

I took my measurements yesterday on Feb 1 and had done it on Jan 1 -- so once a month I am going to see if I am losing inches as well as pounds now because I sometimes get discouraged. So, here is what I found:

Bust - lost 1" in my band size around my upper body not counting the chest/breasts - so those ab crunches I am doing is helping!!!

Upper Arms - lost 1" so that upper body free weight training is helping!

Neck - lost 1" so yes, still losing in that area --really feels bony now! No fat pad left at all I can feel.

Thighs - the largest part of my upper leg went down 1.5" -- so yes, all that Elliptical Trainer and Treadmill walking is still helping.

Hips -- no change as this is where my flabby tummy/skin is and it seems hopeless for now.

Waist - I must have not measured right as it said I went up 1.5" and that isn't possible so I'll recheck on March 1 on that.

So, I recommend you take measurements and write them down with a date so you can have an alternative to the scale to see. Even if you are fluctuating on weight up and down, you may see your measurements losing or stable and that counts for sure!

I weighed in yesterday a.m. and had a .2 gain but weighed this a.m. and was down 2 lbs so that's what I am counting! I saw a new number this morning I haven't seen for more than 10+ years!

Also I am getting excited now about my PS surgeon consult on Feb 15 for BR and brachioplasty combination. I feel like I probably have at least 4lb breasts on each side and at least 1 lb of skin/fat extra on each arm so maybe between all of that I will peel off another 5 lbs from that alone and get more mobility to keep exercising.

SpecialK.............232.2.........155...................228

Edited by SpecialK

Hi K

I'm happy for your lost I'm not sure if I lost anything this week I have been in MI all this week my grandson was very sick I came to help however I got stressed and started eating ice cream a pint every two days or so I really feel bad about it I'm not going to weight my self until I get home on Sunday night I'm a little scared of gaining weight but I have not eaten right the whole week. How much do PS cost if you don't mine me asking I need a boob job they are on the floor lol so are my arms are you having it done in columbus? I will get back to you on the MS walk it will be at the zoo I will get the date.

Went in the wrong direction this week by getting into Valentine candy I supposedly bought for others....

SpecialK.............232.2.........155...................229.7

Yes I went to far with the ice cream I gained 2lbs that week in MI I trying to get it off but now I have candy want to eat the whole box and get it over with lol I don't want candy in my house. Candy is why I gain weight in the first place. I love candy I'm trying to stop eating it. I still hide candy around the house for me on my stress days that is not good I want to stop with the candy find some thing else to do when I'm stressed I have started school and some times that is stress. It this point I don't know what to do to stop eating sweets. The bad part about it is I will not eat food so I can eat sweets.

Ok I got the out the only ones I can tell the truth to is you guys because you understand what is happening to me.

So K lets stay in these fight together we will reach our goals. these are just little set backs and we can get over them hang in there the weight will come off.:smile:

SpecialK.............232.2.........155...................229.7

LadyRoz.............220............190...................212

Fortunately that 1lb or so was disappearing over the weekend so that gave me peace. Just need to keep putting one foot in front of the others and walk to my goal and not look back!

Friday Weigh in Day:

SpecialK.............232.2.........155...................227.3

Edited by SpecialK
Updated weight Sat morning

Since I had my surgery almost 2 years ago I've only lost 62lbs (started at 374) and I'm so depressed about that I searched high and low for a support group...maybe found it here?? I just joined a gym 2 weeks ago and have been going 5 days a week working out about 1 - 2 hours each day. My main problem is eating all day, I tend to get too busy during the day and not eating at all so I pig out at night...that and I didn't get a fill for over a year...but trying to be better now.

I want to lose 4 sizes by July 4th (my 30th bday)...that's my main goal right now! Wish me luck.

Friday Weigh in Day:

SpecialK.............232.2.........155...................227.3

CandyStarr.........312............212...................312