Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pizza and my band..............

im exactly one month post op today, yesterday i had a slice of pizza( yea, i know BAD!!!!!!!!!) but i was at a school gathering with my daughter and thts all they had and it smelled so good plus i knew i would be there for a while. Anyway i had a very small slice but today i feel like the worst person ever, i feel like such a screw up;0( and to top that off i feel choked up like somethings stuck in my throat, i think i need a fill ASAP can anyone advise me of this horrible feeling:bored:???

im exactly one month post op today, yesterday i had a slice of pizza( yea, i know BAD!!!!!!!!!) but i was at a school gathering with my daughter and thts all they had and it smelled so good plus i knew i would be there for a while. Anyway i had a very small slice but today i feel like the worst person ever, i feel like such a screw up;0( and to top that off i feel choked up like somethings stuck in my throat, i think i need a fill ASAP can anyone advise me of this horrible feeling:bored:???

First, have you had a fill? Guessing not, at one month, as I am also at one month and my first fill is next week.

Second. Lighten up. pizza is just food. You had some. You did not eat a whole pizza. (I used to eat a whole one). You are not bad. You are just Human. Are you gonna eat a whole pizza today??? I bet not.

So today, just go back to your new normal routine. Work out. Eat healthy. Eat Protein first, then veggies. Shy away from carbs.

Life began for you one month ago. Pizza is not the problem, your head is. Eat a slice once a month, no problem. Eat a whole pizza every day..... Problem.

Congratulations on making a new life. Stop beating yourself up, and get on with the new beginning....

TJ

Yeah i had my first fill on 12/14 and was scheduled for a second one on 12/21 but had to cancel tht appointment due to work so im not scheduled again till jan. 4th. Honestly im not even clear on what i should be eating 1 month in......... sometimes i want to stick to mushies, but my body isnt satisfied with the soft stuff. The pizza was for dinner earlier tht day i had a grilled chicken whole wheat wrap for lunch and also felt bad about tht because im not sure what to eat

Don't panic about wanting to eat or eating the pizza, the band is a tool that assists in weightloss, it is not something that turns us into the most angelic eaters on the planet at the slick of a scalpel.

The stuck feeling could be because you did not chew it long enough and it won't go through. It will either come back up or go down soon. I have heard that drinking/sipping pineapple juice is good for shifting blockages as it has digestive enzymes in it. If you can drink Water and it goes all the way down then it is probably not too dire. I had a piece of beef stuck for 3 days and when it finally shifted all I wanted was a bucket full of tea to drink...

Don't waste emotional energy wringing your hands about eating pizza, just think about how it feels physically now and if it was really worth it. Ask yourself if it was a good choice or not.....and if you will feel the same next time you look at or smell pizza!! I suspect not..

Living with a band is a learning curve, as you get fills and restriction you will alter what you eat and with every day that passes you are learning and thinking about what you eat and working out what is and isn't a good idea.

Dont' stress...just learn!! :)

And if you are as human as the rest of us then this is probably the first of many times when you will ask yourself 'what the hell did I eat that for'.:)

Being that u also r 1 month post op can u tell me what ur eating??? and what gives you tht full satisfaction in which you dont feel the need to eat after 2 hrs

Yeah i had my first fill on 12/14 and was scheduled for a second one on 12/21 but had to cancel tht appointment due to work so im not scheduled again till jan. 4th. Honestly im not even clear on what i should be eating

Nana,

If you're to the point of getting fills, you should be eating normally (regular foods). What you eat is determined by you and what your goals are. Some people have a goal to lose as much weight as they can, as quickly as they can. Others just want to deal with food like a normal person and don't mind losing only 1-2 pounds per week.

As for me, I am never dieting again. I just want to eat like a normal person and not be obsessed by food. My doc recommends 1 cup of food at meals and focus on 'good foods'.

So you had a slice of pizza. As Tarajim said, it wasn't a whole pizza. Normal people eat pizza too. Pat yourself on the back for stopping at 1 slice!

Grilled chicken and whole wheat wrap sounds good.

Good Protein, Low GI un-refined carbohydrates, fruit & veg, plenty of Water before, but not during or within an hour of a meal. A good Vitamin supplement and maybe some additional Protein of some sort. No fizzy drinks or alcohol. That should about do it. There are no hard or fast rules but protein should be at the top of the list.

Oh yes and of course don't forget to....

Cheer-up!!

It's not the end of the world...more like the beginning!!

i think im one of those people who want to lose a lot and quick. I guess i just need to read up on healthy recipes and stuff thats gonna help me be full and lose the weight at the same time

Being that u also r 1 month post op can u tell me what ur eating??? and what gives you tht full satisfaction in which you dont feel the need to eat after 2 hrs

Lets see.

I had pork roast with plum sauce and squash last night.

Last week, I traveled and I was with a client who has been on a health diet. She took me to the Ritz Carlton and ordered her special dinner. I had it too. It was a child size filet mignon, two jumbo shrimp, and five asparagus spears steamed, followed by a bowl of fresh strawberries with no sugar. I at it all.

I have eaten a lot of chicken, salmon, crab, shrimp and yes, even one slice of pizza.

I have lost 41 lbs since preop diet, half of that since surgery. I work out every day.

I don't obsess. I record all my food, just to reinforce learning what is good. Next week I get my first fill. The band is not controlling me. My head is.

Keep the faith. You will succeed when you have more good days then pizza days.

TJ

Wow!! all that food sounds delicious, thanx for sharing and its a relief knowing that someone else has had the pizza experience also. After this i seriously doubt that i will be having "pizza days" for a while:thumbup:

There are no bad foods when done in moderation. I used to order 3 pizzas at a time. I'd eat 2 for dinner and the third cold for Breakfast.

So, tell us, did it taste as good as it smelled? What kind of pizza?

If you still feel guilty, go walk around the block a couple of times and you've done your penance.

Actually it did it was sooo good it was just a cheese pizza..... i walked the treadmill this morning for a half hour before work but it didnt contrubute to my guiltiness