Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-op Testing was Friday - Liquid Diet tomorrow

Hey All. I had my pre-op testing on Friday. There's nothing like a barium shake for Breakfast. lol

I had to take these pop rock like crystals first they poured them into a little Water and i had to chug it. they inflate your stomach and stretch the lining so they can check for problems. You aren't allowed to burp because it'll let the air out - very odd feeling.

next I had a thick barium shake so they could do xrays

then I had a thin Barium shake - thank god they said i was done - because if I had to take any more I would have barfed on them. lol

Then I got to break and go to the cafeteria for some real breakfast.

next i had blood drawn and an ekg, followed with pre-op exam and questioning by the hospital.

next i had a diet class for before and after surgery

then met with a fitness advisor and got weighed and measured etc.

My liquid diet starts tomorrow - went shopping and stocked up on lots of ummm not so yummy stuff. lol

I'm getting closer each day I can't wait for the band.

I noticed you live in Bullitt County. I teach there but live in Louisville. Are you going through University Surgical Associates? I have Dr. Rodriguez. I just found out I was approved today so I should hear from the office soon. I think its going to be the first week of January if they can get me into pre-op testing soon.

Good luck!!! You can do it!

The second & thrid day is really really rough but once you get over that hump it's not bad.

I get really hungry when my family is eatting. I have to leave the room; just me and my shake! LOL It's not like they are eatting pizza and chips or anything. It's baked chicken and veggies. But that's my fav. LOL Maybe if they had cheeseburgers it wouldn't bother me as much. ;-) So my advice is don't be around when they are making it or eatting. It's really hard to not want to nibble on their food. When they aren't around it's really really easy not to graze in the fridge looking for food. I actually feel good about the shakes, but when others are eatting that's when I notice I'm really hungry. So it's all suggestive. You're getting your nutrients from the shakes. You'll be ok!

And just remind yourself, the shake only diet...it's just temporary. You can do this. And once you feel successful with this, you'll realize you can do just about anything you set your mind too!

And you'll feel good after a couple of days of detox. You really will. I had more energy today on day 7 then I have in months, seriously. I got a lot done today and that was with a sick kid playing hookey from school.

Keep telling yourself, one more day one more day one more day and the next thing you know you're almost there. I think we psych ourselves out that it's the hardest thing ever, but it's not. It's all in our heads.

YOU CAN DO THIS!!

That's exactly how I felt, one more sip and it was all coming up. They made me try to swallow as much of the crystals DRY, and then gave me a tablespoon of Water to try and chase it down, ugh.

I started my liquid diet that same day, so the barium buffet was pretty much it for me that day. I am Sooooo glad that part of it is over! I would gladly do another week or two or liquids over the barium/rock crystal/barium cuisine. >ack<

You guys are scaring me. I have to do my testing on the 23rd, while I am on my pre-op diet. The things we are willing to go through I guess.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches