Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

mushies master food list?

I snooped around the site but couldn't find anything like this... I'd love to hear all your favorite mushies... what are no-no's and if you have any awesome recipes, please reply with them too!

Today I was in costco and dared to sample the spanikopita... probably shouldn't have since i'm only 6 days banded, but i took tiny bites and chewed until it practically evaporated in my mouth. I gotta say, it was SOOOOOOO good.

But this got me thinking about the mushy phase... what are your faves?

thanks for sharing!

laura

Cream of wheat, refreied Beans topped with a little cheese and fat free sour cream. Hummus, cottage cheese with a teaspoon of sugar free jelly. Greek yougurt..mashed sweet potatoes to name a few.

I can blend up just about anything. I have blended all kinds of home made Soups, chili & chicken noodle. I blended spagetti with turkey meat sauce and then there are the regular cottage cheese, yogurt, oatmeal, pudding. A yummy treat is a fat free yogurt blended with FROZEN fruit....the texture is like ice cream...heaven!

i have great sweet Protein Shakes that do the trick for the sweet cravings (bsn syntha-6 strawberry milkshake & vanilla ice cream flavors -- OMG - amazing!)... but i am really really really looking forward to SALTY food again!

drooling a bit at the notion of refried beans... is hummus ok? i heard people talk about chili --are the kidney Beans ok? i was afraid the skins might be too much.

thanks for all your tips so far! keep them coming!

Thinkoflaura....as long as you puree the chili its fine....it will wind up like babyfood.

I'm not banded yet, but this is a really good recipe for the mushie stage.

Mashed Cauliflower

2 pounds fresh cauliflower, cut into small chunks

2 tbs heavy cream

1.5 tbs real butter

2 tbs sour cream

Boil the cauliflower in a pot of salted Water for 10-12 minutes until tender. Drain well. In a food processor in batches, blend the cauliflower until smooth. Add the heavy cream, butter and sour cream, salt & pepper to taste. Mix well. If needed, put back in pan to warm up.

Serves 6.

The magic bullet is my friend. Anything I can throw in that thing it becomes mush... I was craving a baked potato and took the Campells Soup loaded bake potato and threw it in the bullet and voila Loaded Baked Potato in mush formula. The taste is there...

Tonya, that makes me think of what I did when I was about 20 years old making mashed potatoes.

I wanted them really smooth, so I used an electric hand mixer to mix the cooked potatoes. I mixed it so much that the consistency turned into a paste, and it actually changed the flavor of the potatoes! They tasted like glue. So I am very careful now when I mash my potatoes that I don't mix too much.

hey all,

I have been eating:

refried bean paste with shredded cheese and ff sour cream baked sweet potatoe with butter

crock pot meatballs.. OMG so good

cream of broccoli Soup with wasa crackers

scrambles eggs with cheese

corned beef hash

ff puddings

yogurts

i have great sweet Protein Shakes that do the trick for the sweet cravings (bsn syntha-6 strawberry milkshake & vanilla ice cream flavors -- OMG - amazing!)... but i am really really really looking forward to SALTY food again!

drooling a bit at the notion of refried beans... is hummus ok? i heard people talk about chili --are the kidney Beans ok? i was afraid the skins might be too much.

thanks for all your tips so far! keep them coming!

my nut actually recommended hummus. It's in my "manual" as an acceptable food :)