Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

$4500 lap band

I don't have any info on anyone other than my surgeon in VA, but which hospital/doctor special are you asking about. There's several specials advertised on the site. Also, when you get the name, you can plug it into a search to see if others on LBT have used that practice. (find the button below the pictures on the top of the page).

Hi:

I clicked on it and you can't tell who is offering this special. It's probably in Mexico.

Good luck.

Sue

does anybody know any thing about this that is on the top right of the page? (Special Offer)

Hi; I am a anadian who flew to San Diego and was picked up at the airport and taken to the Tijuana Marriot. The next day I went to see Dr. Ortiz [obesitycontrolcenter.com] and was given my evaluations and had surgery 2 hours later. The total price excluding airfare[300.00 from Seattle] was 7,000 US. Dr. Ortiz has performed over 5000 lap band operations and his clinic was top of the line. I stayed at the clinic overnight and another day at the Marriot [included]. I was taken back to San Diego airport [included]. I would highly recommend Dr. Ortiz and his staff and i am getting a fill under fluoro at the clinic in one week as it is 6 weeks since my banding. I have a 11 cc realize band. Please check out the website and make your decision. I would not have been able to afford the 12-15,000 that most other stateside surgeons charge so it was a viable option that I am very happy I took. I have lost 21 lbs since Nov. 15 including pre-op and I am looking forward to getting some restriction next Monday. I have used the last 6 weeks to teach myself how to eat [smaller bites and portions and chew! chew! chew!] I now have the tool and I am in charge! Good luck in whatever option you choose.:blush:

I'm new here but just wanted to give a little info and that is to beware of ads for cheap band surgeries! My surgeon told me the 4th series of the lap band made by Allergen which is the newest & obviously improved version costs $4500 itself. Allergen is the leader in lap band manufacturers. And there are surgeons who use a cheaper swedish band that can be purchased for $250 itself. This band is of a much lower quality. So the cheaper the surgery often times shows lower quality of equipment, staffing & other ways clinics will cut corners to make a sell while still being totally legal. I'm a nurse, and although I don't work in bariatrics I've definitely seen how facilities will cut corners so really research the clinic, the surgeon & the band your surgeon plans to use. Even more so the most dangerous part of any surgery is going under so make sure you have a qualified anesthesiologist! (Keep in mind that in the US their fees often run $1500/hr).

I actually sent an inquiry and it is with a Dr Almanza can't remember where in Mexico I want to say Tijuana (if that is how you spell it).

does anybody know any thing about this that is on the top right of the page? (Special Offer)

Hi,

I was to looking into the $4,500 all inclusive lap band surgery too. I called and spoke to Lori… she answered all of my questions.

She said it is getting very competitive so Dr. Almanza has lowered his cost.

I have heard great things about him and not so good things about him. I am going to do a little more research, but I think my husband and I are going to Mexico and see Dr. Almanza for our lap band...

My Wife went to Dr. Francisco Gonzalas and had a great experence would highly recomond him every thing was great !!