Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anybody have any good mushy recipes they would like to share ..

I am sooo excited, I had oatmeal this week.. OMG --a little cinnamon a little skim milk.. YUM!!! I did run the dry oatmeal thru the food processor before I cooked it .:thumbup:

i find that almost any vegetable you can mash. i love cauliflower to pieces. things like chili can be blended a bit to smooth them out a little. i went to google and put in pureed recipes to get some more ideas. hope this helps you out a bit.

I have not cooked since being banded... Tonight I am going to make dinner for DH.. Cajun meatloaf (made with rice , green peppers and topped with mozzarella . This is a very moist meatloaf so I figure I can have about 2 table spoons of it . I make it with ground sirloin.

Wow, you are so lucky - I am still on my clear liquid diet! I can't wait for mushies! I bought a couple cans of fat free refried Beans and reduced fat Colby Jack cheese and I can't wait to dig into that. I might spice it up with a homemade salsa as well. Soft scrambled eggs are okay - you can even make a sort of omelet. Cook up what you want in there (tomatoes, mushrooms, onion whatever you like) and then throw that mixture into the blender. Then cook it all up together with the egg. I bought this book, Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery and it is wonderful. Every recipe has guidelines for how to prepare each meal for each stage of our diets. I tested out the Zucchine Lasagna recipe a month ago. It tastes great in solid form and in pureed form. There are a number of really yummy Soups in their too which are full of Protein.< /p>

For those of you who make your own mushies, do you ever use a food mill? I have a food processor, but was wondering if a food mill would also work. Thanks for your input.

The cajun meatloaf is made with Tomato soup.. I added 2 cans of Soup and cut the rice to 1/2 cup. Just so it ould be mushable with a fork.

Who is the book by?? I think I would like to buy that one .

Wow, you are so lucky - I am still on my clear liquid diet! I can't wait for mushies! I bought a couple cans of fat free refried Beans and reduced fat Colby Jack cheese and I can't wait to dig into that. I might spice it up with a homemade salsa as well. Soft scrambled eggs are okay - you can even make a sort of omelet. Cook up what you want in there (tomatoes, mushrooms, onion whatever you like) and then throw that mixture into the blender. Then cook it all up together with the egg. I bought this book, Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery and it is wonderful. Every recipe has guidelines for how to prepare each meal for each stage of our diets. I tested out the Zucchine Lasagna recipe a month ago. It tastes great in solid form and in pureed form. There are a number of really yummy Soups in their too which are full of Protein.

It is by Pat Levine and a few other people, but she is the one that is a "Foodie" who got the lap band. Here is the link to amazon.com...

Amazon.com: Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery: Over 140 Delicious Low-Fat High-Protein recipes to Enjoy in the Weeks, Months and Years After Surgery (9781569244531): Patt Levine, Michele Bontmpo-Saray, William B. Inabnet, Meredith Urban-Skuros: B

I have tried many recipes in this book prior to surgery and they were excellent. Makes it easy for people who cook for other people. I can make the meals the "normal" way for my husband and then make any necessary adjustments for me.

I make Ricotta Mush. Low Fat Ricotta, low fat mozzarella, Tomato sauce or paste, fresh garlic. SOOOOO GOOOD. Mix it all up and nuke it for a minute or 2. It is ziti with no Pasta. I also made hormel 98% ff turkey chilli, with LF cheddar. Very good

The meatloaf was a good thing .. I ate very slow , and no problems .. Even with the rice in it .

Thanks for the recipes and book titles !!!

Thanks for sharing this book.....i plan to buy it tomorrow so i can start cooking!!!!!! finally!!