Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Band date October 1, 2009

I am soooo excited. I will finally start my new life in less than 2 weeks. I've been told by so many "you've lost weight without surgery why are you have it done u can keep goin you've done so good" Has anyone else experienced this? I've lost 20 lbs pre-op Dr's orders.

I went yesterday to purchase items i would need post op. Gas-x, Protein drinks, and broth ect....

I wish all the October bandsters good luck and much success.

Tracie :biggrin:

Indianapolis, in

I am soooo excited. I will finally start my new life in less than 2 weeks. I've been told by so many "you've lost weight without surgery why are you have it done u can keep goin you've done so good" Has anyone else experienced this? I've lost 20 lbs pre-op Dr's orders.

I went yesterday to purchase items i would need post op. Gas-x, Protein drinks, and broth ect....

I wish all the October bandsters good luck and much success.

Tracie :biggrin:

Indianapolis, in

wow we have the same date, o am so nervous i have been stuck with my weight, my doctor told me i needed to loose 17 lbs but have only lost 11.

good luck!

yeaaa! good for you! My surgery date is on Oct 2nd and i am really excited to start my new journey. good luck to you!

I'm October 1st too!! I am SO excited.

What all have you picked up for post op?

I have Protein shakes, chicken & beef broth, Gas X strips, sugar free Jello mix, sugar free Popsicles, mini 3 oz Dixie cups, 2 little children's plates & a pack of baby spoons.

I need to get some instant mashed potatoes, maybe some baby food, and a baby food grinder wood be good too.

How much time if any are you all taking from work. I am off 4 days including the weekend and then will try to return. I bounced back quick after a C-section so figure this should be similar.

FYI there is another thread for OCT 09 Bandsters that i was looking for when I found this.

It is so nice to be able to meet ppl who are going thru the same thing with you.

@ Lindac80 i also had to loose weight. I've lost 21 lbs. Mu surgery could not have been scheduled if i didn't loose at least 20 lbs. Good luck to you. Stay strong!

@Happy loser i went out over the weekend and purchased some protien drinks to try, gas-x, sugar free Jello, broth and my flinestone Vitamins. I'll go out the night before surgey to get a few more things.

This is a very exciting time in all our lives. I wish all of you much sucess. We can do it.

Tracie

Good Luck to all of you and keep us posted. Hope you all do very well and have much success on your weight loss journey.

Good luck to you on your quickly approaching surgery date!!! It will be here before you know it!

My husband and friends keep asking if I still need the surgery because I've lost 17 lbs just following a 1500 calorie per day/42 fat grams per day diet, but I keep telling them with the band, I'm going down to 1100 cals per day and I will be freaking starving if my stomach were the same size and that's where the band comes in LOL!

Good Luck to everyone also! My date is Oct. 2nd... Its been a long 6 months of insurance BS.I met with surgeon today, and have all my requirements done along with BCBS approval. I start my liquid diet on friday.......I cant wait to get going and "start my new life" its gonna be great!!!