Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi I'm new here and very frustrated,

Hi My name is Marie

I was banded 3 1/2 years ago. I was doing just wonderful. Lost 90 pounds up until last November. I made the mistake of telling my doctor I had a little acid reflux. Well you think what I said. Instead of just giving me medication for the acid reflux he sent me for tests, and the day before Thanksgiving he tells me he is taking the Fluid out. I wanted to die. He said to come back in six weeks and I will probably put it back if everything looks ok. So I went to radiology so they could check things out again and everything looked good. When I went back the doc was gone. He got another position in another hospital and I was left with a staff that I think really wants nothing to do with these surgeries. They refuse to put me back to where I was 2.50 cc. There is always an excuse. the last time I went i was at 1.8 by the time they got done i was down to 1.6 I have no restriction!!! I was a poster child for this surgery. I had no problems what so ever. I continously and slowly lost weight. I have put on 30 pounds and i am getting depressed. My knees are starting to bother me again. I am at my wits end, I started to look on line for a new place to go for post op care. I emailed a couple of docs and waiting to hear if they will take me on as a patient. Any suggestions out there?? I am in Staten Island,

Marie

Hi Marie. I don't have much useful advice for you, since I'm a wee bit south of where you are.......but I just wanted to say "That sucks!".

You might have a little better luck looking for a doc if you go to the "Doctors and Hospitals" section here on the main page. It breaks down docs and hospitals by geographical location. Good luck!

You know what i'm not sure if you have a hmo or ppo but if u have a ppo find another Dr. now!! That is insane there is no way they can do that to you, or should i say they shouldnt do that to you..you have come to far to pick the weight back up.. They really need to be more aggressive with the fills at this point you know what a restriction feels like!!

ok, I know NJ is kind of a hike, but doable once a month. I go to Dr. Ewing in Paramus, NJ. The office is great and they do aggressive fills if you can tolerate it ever 4 weeks. Hope that helps. After all, it's your money, they should do what you ask, right?

Hi My name is Marie

I am at my wits end, I started to look on line for a new place to go for post op care. I emailed a couple of docs and waiting to hear if they will take me on as a patient. Any suggestions out there?? I am in Staten Island,

Marie

Marie that really sucks. What I would do is if you have a lap-band go to their official site and search for a doctor like you are going to have the surgery again and then pick a doctor that takes you insurance and call that office and tell them what is going on.

If you have the realize band I would go to their site and do the same thing.

I really wish you the best of luck. That really sucks what you are going through. I do believe your initial Doctor did the right thing as I have been told by my Doctor's staff that once banded we should have NO acid reflux and if I do have any that there is something wrong.

If you lived down by me in Florida I would tell you a great doctor to go to.

Also meant to ask is it possible to go to where you doctor now is or is it to far away?

Hope it all works out for you!

Cortney

Hey Melliecat Dr. Ewing was my surgeon too! Glad to see someone on here so close to home.

He was wonderful and I am very happy with the whole process so far. I go for my second fill on the 14th.

G'ma

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches