Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded on 7/20 and today for lunch im having Vegetable Soup. Anyone banded around the same time as me? what are you eating?

Banded July 17th, Maypo for Breakfast, Soup for lunch starting soild foods for dinner, had scallops in broth last night went down fine, lots of Protein. tired of sweet things.

currently dining on a boca burger (mmm my fav and so much protein) and some raw green Beans. I was banded July 13 so was just cleared this week after my first fill to eat whatever I want

I was just banded on the 29th of July but I am on the mushie stage. I eat mashed taters, Beans, boiled vegies, biscuits and gravy, I even had a chili dog blended all up and it was delicious. I am ready to have the regular food so I don't have to blend stuff or make sure it is soft but it is a heck of a lot better than liquids!

Well same date here 7/20/09

I'm up too the mushie stage, but was getting tired of the same foods, so I went ahead with soft meats, like small portions of fish, crab n lobster meat (what a treat!) I hadn't a problem eating it, no vomiting, still losing weight each week, I do drink a lot of Water throughout the day.

I heard Recotta Chees is good, but just plain? anyone has a good dish?

Thanks

I've mentioned this in a lot of my threads, but greek yogurt is awesome. I tried it for the first time after reading it from someone else on here. By itself, it is a great sour cream substitute. Otherwise it kinda blends in with whatever flavors you put in it. Or you can do just plain splenda mixed in with it. My fav right now is 1/2 cup yogurt and 1 tbsp reduced fat Peanut Butter, it's so yummy and there's a lot of Protein in the yogurt. Just make sure to get the reduced fat yogurt. I like the Fage total 0% plain yogurt.

I had Greek yogurt for the first time today, for lunch. I mixed in some splenda and apricot-peach baby food. Was pretty tasty. I'm going to puree some fruit next time to add to it.

I was banded July 24. After a week and a half of Liquid Protein, couldn't stand it, and moved to Soup and mushies - mostly cottage cheese and scrambled eggs. At about 2-1/2 weeks, started regular food. Small bites and chew well, and everything goes down just fine, no problems at all. I go for the Protein first, always get enough in with food, and stay under 1,000 calories. I lost 20 lbs in the liquid protein stage, then gained back 4 in the mushy, apx 800 cal/day stage. Now I've lost that 4 and am sticking to my 1,000 - knowing my body is just figuring it all out, and will start dropping soon.

I was banded on July 29th and I am in the mushy stage. I have been eating things like cottage cheese, cheese sticks, omelets, scallops, flounder, salmon, shrimp, chicken, very steamed brocolli and SFFF pudding. I have tried some bread with no problems but I have taken small bites and chewed very well!!!

I got banded on July 31st, and got tired of the liquid part of the diet and went on to the mushy stage after 5 days. I am now doing the pureed/soft food diet part and I'm loving it. For lunch I'm having broiled tilapia (seasoned to taste) and steamed broccoli (very well steamed) almost falls apart in my mouth. I use the I can't believe it's not butter spray and It wokrs wonderful for the taste. And of course like everyone else has mentioned don't forget to give small bites and chew everything real good...just watch everything will go down just fine as long as you follow those rules.

I was banded on July 20th also. I am eating at the soft stage. Mostly chicken, fish, lots of black Beans. I use my magic bullet. I put some salsa, black beans and chicken in it and give it a whirl. My dietician said I could bake a taco shell til crispy & eat that. For a treat with my meal I take a taco shell spray it and dash on cinnamon, put it in the micro for about 1 1/2 min til crispy and puffed up. Gives you a sweet taste.

I was banded 7/20 as well. Right now for dinner I am having a Boca BUrger (no Bun) and mashed Cauliflower (tastes like mashed potatos) Not too bad. Im still eating softer foods, fishes, Greek Yogurt, Cottage cheese, shakes and peas. Feeling good.

I went to Applebees this weekend. They have weight watcher stuff on their menu. It was different, I had the garlic chicken, brocc, red potatos. Brought half home. Waitress looked at me weird when I told her I didn't want anything to drink. Looks like you are doing great, keep it up.