Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh thank god its not just me!!! None of the people we hang around with have or will ever have wls, much less the band. So while i eat so much better than before the surgery, its not as good as it should be. But still, I try and commend myself for taking baby steps in getting better. I do have some restriction, but I have been noticing I can eat just a little more than I did last week when I started eating. Not sure what to do about that. Definately got the tight band in the morning, it takes about 2 hours before i can eat Breakfast. I struggle with getting my Water in and thats part of my problem. The other part is I was pretty much let loose on food, soft foods, not mushies. So i cant eat hard stuff like celery, nuts and corn. Gee, a month of not eating and now i can pretty much eat whatever. God help me please! But I have lost a pound and a half this week, so maybe I getting to where i need to be...

My biggest struggle? Figuring out what hungry is. I spend a fair amount of time trying to decide am i hungry or do I just want to eat? I know not to wait until my tummy is growling hungry, but jeez, this is tough!

But that said, love my band!!!!!

Only two weeks post op and since day one I've been starving. I'm now back on Weight Watchers to control myself. I can eat everything and anything. It's doesn't even feel like I have a band. No fill for at least a few weeks.

Can you really stretch the pouch at the beginning? I'm not sure if things go right through. I had steak last night without a problem.

Looks like we're ALL in the same boat! I was banded on July 7th and my first fill is on August 27th...and for the past 2 weeks i've been HUNGRY!!!!!!!

I try to only eat 3-4oz each mean but I can definately eat more than that. Sometime I do, but i'm careful. I do take my time and put my fork down between bites...and definately do not drink and eat at the same time.

I am really looking forward to my first fill..so i can feel normal instead of always hungry. Definately different foods keep me full longer and i try to stay away from junk. Since starting 'normal' food, i've gained about 9 pounds back, but i'm losing again (THANKFULLY)...

Glad to hear i'm not the only one at this point! I'll keep checking back and posting...and i hope to hear about how everyone else is doing as well!

I had my surgury July 17th and I feel like I lost my damn mind...One day I thought I could eat a lil more then yesterday and now I dont even kno how much I eat. Sometimes I 4get that the band is inside of me cuz I have no pain and I feel no restriction...I sometimes eat and drink at the same time...Alot of people look at me and tell me that I look great but I feel bad cuz I kno Im not eating right. But I try 2 get up and excersize everyday. I chew alot but now my problem is drinking along with food...I got tired of waiting 30 min and since drinking with food didnt cause any problems I thought I could sneak it in from time 2 time...I kno this behavior has 2 stop and im gonna make sure it does...I jus really want my first fill!!!!

I started on solids just days after surgery, I ate whatever I wanted for 6 months, even after fills, and didn't lose a pound. I finally just low carbed it until I got my perfect fill (7cc's in my 10cc band) and finally lost weight....It sucks, but it's just like any other diet there for awhile. I wish my doc was a little more aggressive with me as I didn't lose weight at all for half a year. But then again - I wasn't even trying. I worked out, and ate RIGHT, but I didn't eat LOW CARB. Finally I decided I would - and lost some weight, and hit the sweet spot with like my sixth fill.

I am 9 weeks post surgery and have had 2 fill with a total of 4 units in. I still do not have much restriction and am a little frustrated. I never seem to feel full. I eat smaller meals more often than before surgery but I still eat way more than a cup at a time. My port is finally starting to feel good. It is still a little sensitive but it gets better every week.

Goodness I feel good to hear that other people are struggling too - not that I want others to struggle but at least I feel slightly less terrible about how I've been doing.

This week I am starting to really think about what I'm eating again, although today I haven't felt all that interested in food lately I've been obsessed with food - what I should eat and try and push myself to have (not sure why). I feel better for feeling that little bit hungry but know that after days of a lot of hunger I'm going to have a lot of trouble. I have my second fill on Friday and hope that will make a difference - although I'm a little afraid after reading what other people have said that I won't see a real difference for a few fills yet. Wish it didn't take so long to get to proper restriction!