Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5th Day out and yes I ate Chicken!!

goes to make my fat ass Breakfast...

Loving this :tongue2:

first I would like to apologize if I offended anyone but thepoolgirl with my language it's unfortunate that she follows me everytime I post just to critique and give negative feed back...and that was built up anger from about 3 post from her.

On the other hand...I stepped away from the chicken....I was approved and had my surgery 3 weeks after my first visit to my dr. I did no preop diet and basically just had to show up on the day of the surgery and then was given a booklet about post op....I didn't fully understand the importance of that diet be that's why I turned to you all for help. If you would like to offer your help, I will gladly listen to your advice, as for any negative comments... I will try my best to ignore but if you attack my character be prepared for my sharp tongue and fiesty attitude...I HOLD NO RESPECT for ignorant "know it alls" If you knew it you wouldn't be on this site and a former fat ass.. :tongue2:

Thats all pretty fast from the beginning to the date of the surgery--you don't know what all you don't know! I can suggest reading, reading and reading some more. Take a lot of what you read on here with a grain of salt. Everyones diet, surgery stories, placement of the port, pre diet, post diet, exercise regime---everything is different for everyone depending on what your surgeon wants you to do.

I really do mean everything.

You can sort out a lot of the basics just because you will read the same thing three dozen times, over and over and over again.

See if the surgeons office or the hospital he practices from has a meeting schedule where you can go to a few after surgery meetings and you can ask a professional question or get some more handouts from them.

PS--they hate it when you use the work Fuck on here

oh wait I just used the word Fuck on here

damn

there I go again!

....like it too.....

Loving this :tongue2:

PS--they hate it when you use the work Fuck on here

oh wait I just used the word Fuck on here

damn

there I go again!

LOL, seriously? I feel like I'm at my mom's house or something. :tongue2:

I've said this before and here I go again: It saddens me to read posts like this. Why go to all the work to diet and fail for years, finally decide on LapBand, maybe jump thru insurance hoops or come up with the money on your own AND THEN...not follow the post-op instructions from your doctor?? If you have reached the point in life to want a LapBand, you must have been ready to change your life. This is not a diet. It is a life-changing surgery. I just can't see being willing to toss it all away for a freaking chicken strip.

Respectfully,

TPG

In response to this, I would like to say that I am so glad that you are so perfect, but for the rest of us imperfect people, we make mistakes. I too, cheated a little my first week. Obviously, I have an addiction to food or I would not be in this situation and neither would you. Yes, having this surgery is a big life changing decision, but I am still human, I still make mistakes and sometimes I make mistakes over a freaking chicken strip. Good luck to you, but i know that you won't need it, your too perfect!

If we remove all the emotion from this thread, the facts are that eating solid foods too early post op is a major cause of slips, either immediately or on down the road (when you are a year out and think "why me?")

The OP asked "DID I HURT MYSELF" (paraphrasing) and the answer is maybe. CAN I EAT OR DO I HAVE TO WAIT 24 DAYS. Do what your doc tells you.

We have different post op diets. People, our surgeons are different. They have different skills. Populations eat differently. (My city is one of the chubbiest in the nation, for example) If your surgeon says "have a cheeseburger on the way home if you want, you'll be fine" then you probably will be (and you don't need to post about it on here...your doc has given you the green light!) If your surgeon says "only Water for 7 days" then do that.

The hunger drive is STRONG. It is a basic drive. And some of us aren't properly educated beforehand about how important it is to allow our bands and stomachs and ports and so on to heal. So we are STARVING and we eat. We don't know it will hurt, we just know it hurts to be hungry.

There's a difference between lack of education and complete disregard for consequences; most of us just don't know.

When we digest our stomachs churn like little washers (as it has been told to me). That action can, depending on how healed you are, tear loose sutures that hold the band in place. You end up back in the ER with a slip (it's happened...I've found posts on here that address that) or you may loosen the bond forming between your band and stomach and set yourself up for a slip later on.

Will this happen to everyone? NO. Do you want to chance it? Only you can answer that. It's a roulette wheel with your band and your health. On the one hand...the pain of hunger. On the other...the chance of a slip now or later.

Once you know that, decide. If you MUST have permission to "cheat", ask your doc. See what he says. You may get to advance early; you may be told to come in and get checked out, and then re-educated about the importance of following the diet (I've read both reactions)

Google this, ask your doc, if you doubt.

RestlessMonkey, excellent, excellent post!!

oh its hard as hell...we went to the store the other day and stocked up on tv dinners and frozen pizzas...cause that stove can not get cut on until im in the "solid" phase..

Im not cookin Sh!t..lol i have no will power it sucs..

I give props to everyone who cooks delicious dinners but can't really eat them...thankfully I love by myself, because I can't imagine cooking like a turkey dinner and then watching everyone else eat it lol

Thanks for the info..[QUOTE=RestlessMonkey;1282987]If we remove all the emotion from this thread, the facts are that eating solid foods too early post op is a major cause of slips, either immediately or on down the road (when you are a year out and think "why me?")

The OP asked "DID I HURT MYSELF" (paraphrasing) and the answer is maybe. CAN I EAT OR DO I HAVE TO WAIT 24 DAYS. Do what your doc tells you.

We have different post op diets. People, our surgeons are different. They have different skills. Populations eat differently. (My city is one of the chubbiest in the nation, for example) If your surgeon says "have a cheeseburger on the way home if you want, you'll be fine" then you probably will be (and you don't need to post about it on here...your doc has given you the green light!) If your surgeon says "only Water for 7 days" then do that.

The hunger drive is STRONG. It is a basic drive. And some of us aren't properly educated beforehand about how important it is to allow our bands and stomachs and ports and so on to heal. So we are STARVING and we eat. We don't know it will hurt, we just know it hurts to be hungry.

There's a difference between lack of education and complete disregard for consequences; most of us just don't know.

When we digest our stomachs churn like little washers (as it has been told to me). That action can, depending on how healed you are, tear loose sutures that hold the band in place. You end up back in the ER with a slip (it's happened...I've found posts on here that address that) or you may loosen the bond forming between your band and stomach and set yourself up for a slip later on.

Will this happen to everyone? NO. Do you want to chance it? Only you can answer that. It's a roulette wheel with your band and your health. On the one hand...the pain of hunger. On the other...the chance of a slip now or later.

Once you know that, decide. If you MUST have permission to "cheat", ask your doc. See what he says. You may get to advance early; you may be told to come in and get checked out, and then re-educated about the importance of following the diet (I've read both reactions)

Google this, ask your doc, if you doubt.

I've said this before and here I go again: It saddens me to read posts like this. Why go to all the work to diet and fail for years, finally decide on LapBand, maybe jump thru insurance hoops or come up with the money on your own AND THEN...not follow the post-op instructions from your doctor?? If you have reached the point in life to want a LapBand, you must have been ready to change your life. This is not a diet. It is a life-changing surgery. I just can't see being willing to toss it all away for a freaking chicken strip.

Respectfully,

TPG

Remember not to judge someone until you "have walked two moons in her sandals".

Trying to tread lightly here...

I just would like to say that parts of this thread have been pulled. It's easy to draw the wrong conclusions when we don't have all the information, and to misinterpret emotions intended when we post on a board here. Goodness knows I've been misunderstood before, and most of us have probably experienced that too.

As the mods have said, no personal attacks please!

We all have a right to our opinions (thank goodness! it's still the old USA)

But perhaps we could just let this rest? (We could all join hands and sing Kum-Ba-Ya or something!)

Since the thread is incomplete, perhaps we could just let it die a natural death. ?

I really think RestlessMonkey nailed it in her first post :lol:

I didn't cheat in my first few weeks of being banded from fear of the band slipping etc so I would definately say "DON'T DO IT!" lol (it will make the chicken strip even tastier when you are able to eat it too!! call it food foreplay! lol)

That being said....I do now! :smile2: I am constantly picking myself up on it....it is very very hard to spend 24yrs eating whatever you want, whenever you want and then turn around and change that behaviour overnight. I am not proud that I cheat and I will not make excuses for it, but I am aware that I do it and I keep trying to change it....for me, that is all I can ask for....

I really just can't wait to get to my "sweet spot" so that I can use this tool (the band) to help me conquer my "hunger" more effectively.

..........hmmm

I can only hope so. She's a nasty sumpin' sumpin'. :biggrin:

If you would like to offer your help, I will gladly listen to your advice, as for any negative comments... I will try my best to ignore but if you attack my character be prepared for my sharp tongue and fiesty attitude...I HOLD NO RESPECT for ignorant "know it alls" If you knew it you wouldn't be on this site and a former fat ass.. :biggrin:

Aren't you precious.

Then why do you come HERE for advice if people who have had this surgery longer than you are "know-it-alls"?? Try your doctor.

Your "character" leaves a lot to be desired.