Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No weight loss in 3 weeks w/restriction

I'm sure I'm at a plateu..any advise on how to break it. I am eating 1.000 -1.200 calories a day and working out 30 min. 3-5 days a week. HELP!!! I feel restriction.

I'm the same way. I can go for three weeks and not see any weight loss. I work out almost everyday. I have to believe that it is because we are building lean muscle and loosing fat that we are not seeing the results on the scale. After three weeks of no weight loss suddenly I had a 17 pound drop. Hang in there it will happen for you too!

Wow 17 lbs !!! so I should not increase my workout? or cut calories? what's your total loss? were both from Calif. I live in Redlands. Who did your surgery?

I self paid so I had my surgery done in Mexicali Mexico by Dr. Alberto Aceves. My care was really awesome. Make sure you get 70 grams of Protein in each day and drink 64 oz. of Water or more. What type of workout are you doing? I go to curves 4 times per week and bicycle for 2+ hours 3 times per week. My total weight loss so far is 54 pounds. I had my surgery April 17, 2009. When and where did you have your surgery?

hi i had my surgery march 2nd 2009 ,had 2 fills so far and i have only lost 20 bls gained 3 bls last week ,i eat very little and walk a lot why cant i lose any weight.

I'm sure I'm at a plateu..any advise on how to break it. I am eating 1.000 -1.200 calories a day and working out 30 min. 3-5 days a week. HELP!!! I feel restriction.

Maybe try actually upping your daily calorie intake by 100-200 calories every other day for a bit to see if that doesn't trigger something.

Snowdovee, give me an example of your daily eating habits. Also, what was your start weight?

How many calories does that add up to? It doesn't sound like you are eating enough. I eat 3 meals each day averaging approx 1000-1200 calories and focusing on Protein. I'm wondering if your body may be in starvation mode therefore holding onto fat. Try this:

Breakfast: Protein shake with at least 15g Protein

Lunch: 1/2 cup tuna made with lowfat mayo and 1 slice whole wheat bread.< /p>

Dinner: chicken breast or fish w/ 1/2 cup veggies.

try eliminating your Snacks and substitute with Special K protein Water 2x day. You can find this at Walmart for sure. Some grocery stores are starting to carry it also.

Try walking briskly for 60 minutes daily.

How old are you and what is your weight?

This is Arellano8.. I ride the treadmill for 30 min. lift 5 lb weights as i'm riding. Should I lower my calorie intake?

You have less to loose then I do, so my weight will come off faster. I think you need to up your calorie intake. If your body believes it is starving it will store fat therefore you will not loose weight. You now need to trick your body so it will let go of fat. Up your calories to 1200 per day and alternate between 1000 and 1200 each day. Try eating more real food and less of the Protein Shakes. If you find that you still are not getting your 70 grams of Protein in then I suggest protein bullets to help you which you can buy online. But, keep in mind that you can only absorb about 20 grams of protein per meal. I also ordered Kay's Naturals protein cereal that I sometimes have for Breakfast instead of the muscle milk. The hardest thing for me is to eat chicken because it always gets stuck. I am not a seafood eater which really limits my protein sources. Don't forget eggs are also a good source of protein. I truly believe you just need to adjust your calories and you will start loosing. The reason I asked your age is because I was trying to figure out if you are post-menopausal. That will slow down weight loss also. You are loosing so don't beat yourself up. As long as you loose a pound a week you are right on track. I am a fairly impatient person and will exercise myself hard so that I see a dramatic weight loss. I burn anywhere from 550 to 800 calories daily and eat 1000-1200 daily. Good luck to you!

Arellano8, You very well could be at a plateau, but I think you may just need to increase your exercise to 60 minutes 5 times per week. Try changing up your exercise routine a little too. Maybe sudden bursts of running on the treadmill will help. Your calorie intake sounds like it is right on so long as you are getting enough Protein. Just keep working at it, you will break plateau soon.

Edited by FailureIsntAnOption

I think I'm at a plateau. My intake is about 900-1100 calories a day but I'm exercising 3 to 5 days a week for 90 minutes. I'm a little puzzle on what I'm doing wrong.

Mona, what does your 900-1100 calories consist of? I believe the term for this is bandster hell!