Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does this sound alright?

Sorry for posting a lot of threads, its just i dont know im paranoid?.i dont know, i wanted to delete the 9 day pre-op diet one i made but i dont know how, but i made a schedual and i want to know if it sounds alright...

1st week and a half:

8am-breakfast

9am-stretch, go for a 20 min walk, drink water

9:35am-drink more water

10am- use resistance band(use 2-3 times a week), do all moves (20 mins)

10:25am-drink water

10:35-walk for another 20 mins, drink water

11am-Lunges 12 reps(if i can do it, 2-3 times a week)

11:20am-drink Water

12pm-lunch

12:35pm-walk for 20 mins, drink water

1pm-stretch

1:10pm-drink water

1:20pm-walk up and down stairs for 15 mins(slowly)

1:35pm-drink water

4pm-dinner

7pm-snack

every other day ill do strength/ resistance and ill do aerobic/endurance everyday

-i dont know what to do between 1:35 to 4pm and 4pm-7pm during the first two weeks and a half?

after 1st week and a half to end of august:

8am-breakfast

9am-stretch, walk for 20 mins then do biggest loser workout(DVD), drink lots of water, stretch

10am-drink more water

10:35am-play tennis ball soccer thing(where you get three things with tennis balls on each end of a string, there are 3 red and 3 blue) or play frisbee

11am- drink water

11:30am-walk up and down stairs for 30 mins drink water, stretch

12pm-lunch

12:35pm- DDR for 30 mins, drink water

1:10pm- play some more frisbee or ride bike around yard

2:10pm- drink water, go swimming if not too cold out

3:10pm- drink water, go for a 30 min walk

3:45pm drink water, play the teather ball thing for 20 mins

4:10pm dinner

4:45pm-drink water

5:15pm- play some basketball/volleyball/horseshoes/catch/bad mitten or whatever else i find to do for 30 mins

5:45pm-drink water

7pm- snack

this is for mondays(strength/resistance) , wednesdays(strength/resistance), fridays(strength/resistance) and sundays(strength/resistance). for tuesdays, thursdays and saturdays i will do exercise moves from 17mag instead of the biggest loser workout, play the wii fit instead of DDR

its going to be hard when school starts up again and it kind of scares me because what am i going to do if im use to that schedual? (im a highschool senior, like i said i did not fail) school starts at 7:28am and ends at 2:08pm but im going to CV-Tec(explained in one of my other threads) and i wont be home til 3:10pm or 3:15 pm i get up at 5am and usually eat Breakfast around 5:15 and get ready at 6 and takes 30mins to get ready. dont have a car yet so i cant leave, i have to wait for the bus which i get picked up at 6:50-7am. only have gym every other day each classes are 45mins long and there are 10 periods(10th is extra help) i only get 6 periods because of cv-tec and i dont have a lunch period but i can eat 6th period. i want to have a second job but im not going to get one til i get closer to my goal. i work mondays and thursdays but its not bad because i dont really have a boss i guess you can say, i clean a church(not fun but hey its money) for 3-4 hours...can you help me with a schedual for school please?

i hope i dont mess up and be lazy, i fear that :smile:

thanks for helping (: and once again sorry for posting so many threads =/

You don't need to apologize for so many threads. There aren't many people here your age having surgery and posting. The fact that you're here and asking questions is good.

My concern about your schedule is that it looks like you have about 2 hours of exercising planned when you're recovering from surgery. You're young, so you should recover quickly, but you still want to be careful not to do too much too soon. Have you talked with your doctor's office about your plan? It probably depends somewhat on how active you are now, too.

Once you're back in school, maybe you could get up a little earlier - take a walk and/or do some stretching? Or could you ride a bike to/from school instead of taking the bus? (I know that wouldn't be possible around where I live.) Then you could have some activity planned for the evening.

I know it seems like a race - to get to the finish line and reach your goal. For most people, it's more of a marathon. I just worry that you'll get hurt, or do too much and then feel defeated because you wouldn't be able to keep up with the challenging schedule you've set up for yourself. So..my gentle advice is that you take it a little easy on yourself and understand that it doesn't have to be "all or nothing."

xoxo

hmm, i was told to walk, i didnt talk to him about my plan, i just came up with it today but i will talk to him about it

i just hope i can go to bed early enough to get up an extra hour early. i would ride my bike to school yet its a 15-20 min drive to just get there bus/car =/

i think thats what i have to do is talk to my doc about a exercising schedual for next month and for the rest of the school year

i just want to make sure i succeed, i dont wanna feel like i failed but thanks (:

i will deffinately talk to my doctor about a exercising schedual or about mine

hmm, i was told to walk, i didnt talk to him about my plan, i just came up with it today but i will talk to him about it

i just hope i can go to bed early enough to get up an extra hour early. i would ride my bike to school yet its a 15-20 min drive to just get there bus/car =/

i think thats what i have to do is talk to my doc about a exercising schedual for next month and for the rest of the school year

i just want to make sure i succeed, i dont wanna feel like i failed but thanks (:

i will deffinately talk to my doctor about a exercising schedual or about mine

oh wait, i do have a schedual but it still maybe too much, but this is what it is

Sunday: 60mins of activity and stretching.

Monday: Endurance/Aerobic and 60 mins of activity

Tuesday: Strength/Resistance amd 60mins of activity

Wednesday: Endurance/Aerobic and 60mins of activity and stretching

Thursday: Strength/Resistance and 60mins of activity

Friday: Endurance/Aerobic and 60mins of activity

Saturday: 60mins of activity and stretching

and increase it slowly

but for some reason it doesnt seem like enough but i know it is :smile:

That's plenty .. I would even say to start at 30-40 minutes and work your way up to 60-90 minutes.

Again, though, it probably depends on active you are right now. If you've been active, you'll be able to do more.

I sat around a bunch when I was heavier and there's no way I could have done 60 minutes of activity right after surgery.

xoxo

That's plenty .. I would even say to start at 30-40 minutes and work your way up to 60-90 minutes.

Again, though, it probably depends on active you are right now. If you've been active, you'll be able to do more.

I sat around a bunch when I was heavier and there's no way I could have done 60 minutes of activity right after surgery.

xoxo

i was told to start at 30-40 and work my way up. im not that active and it so sucks! but ive been walking for 35-45 mins on treadmil and i rather walk outside so im going to start doing that, i play the wii fit as much as i can and i want to start playing my Dance Dance Revolution game again. id go swimming but its so darn cold out lately >.<, like playing frisbee and catch and horseshoes, and i feel good when i do the biggest loser work out. i cant wait to get more energy, i really need it :smile: yeah i sit around a lot too and im young i should be out hanging with me bff but shes always with her "fiance" and barely talks anymore *shrugs* but i should deffinately be out having fun more than just sitting around. so i just sleep or complain how bored i am. hmm im deffinately going to get out of that...okay ill shut up now (:

It's great to have a plan - but you don't want to burn yourself out either..

During my weight loss phase I went to the gym 4-5 days a week and maybe 6 some weeks - but that was a rarity...

Just don't make exercise so over whelming that you are going to quit... And remember life does happen and things will come up and you might not be able to do what you wanted - then you will get frustrate and just quit all together..

I know I am an all or nothing kind of person - but if something came up that was totally un-avoidable - and I couldn't go - I just made sure that I went the next day..

It's great to have a plan - but you don't want to burn yourself out either..

During my weight loss phase I went to the gym 4-5 days a week and maybe 6 some weeks - but that was a rarity...

Just don't make exercise so over whelming that you are going to quit... And remember life does happen and things will come up and you might not be able to do what you wanted - then you will get frustrate and just quit all together..

I know I am an all or nothing kind of person - but if something came up that was totally un-avoidable - and I couldn't go - I just made sure that I went the next day..

i will make sure i dont make exercising overwhelming im just affraid i wont succeed

i want a gym membership, i think that would help alot but i cant afford it ):

thats what im affraid of, is quiting

i will make sure i dont make exercising overwhelming im just affraid i wont succeed

i want a gym membership, i think that would help alot but i cant afford it ):

thats what im affraid of, is quiting

Erin

- If you really want this then you will do it..

I was a total slug bug prior to surgery - just vaccuming the house caused me to break out in a sweat...

There are days that I really try and talk myself out of exercising - I tell myself all these great excuses - missing one day won't hurt - you can go tommorrow - you had a hard day at work - etc - Well I come in the house I immeditaly change clothes and just go - I dont listen to that little devil on my left shoulder - I just do it - and you know what - I feel 100% better after I have done it and proud of myself for doing it.

So babygirl - if you want this bad enough you will do IT

As my signature says - eating healthy + exercise + band = success

Erin

- If you really want this then you will do it..

I was a total slug bug prior to surgery - just vaccuming the house caused me to break out in a sweat...

There are days that I really try and talk myself out of exercising - I tell myself all these great excuses - missing one day won't hurt - you can go tommorrow - you had a hard day at work - etc - Well I come in the house I immeditaly change clothes and just go - I dont listen to that little devil on my left shoulder - I just do it - and you know what - I feel 100% better after I have done it and proud of myself for doing it.

So babygirl - if you want this bad enough you will do IT

As my signature says - eating healthy + exercise + band = success

thanks, i will keep that in mind and i will do it (: i do want it bad enough, vaccuming makes me sweat too and i just do my room O.o, and cleaning my room too. :wink2:

thanks, i will keep that in mind and i will do it (: i do want it bad enough, vaccuming makes me sweat too and i just do my room O.o, and cleaning my room too. ^_^

Well, glad to hear that it's not just an age thing since I have a grandson your age :0)..

I am glad that you are taking hold of your life at this age - I feel that I wasted so many years being obese. You will now have a lifetime free of that.. We kid ourselves that we are fine with our weight - but that's just denial... Ya we accept it but aren't truly happy as it limits the quaility of our lives..

Hugs for a safe surgery and speedy recovery - Wishing you the best !!!!

Well, glad to hear that it's not just an age thing since I have a grandson your age :0)..

I am glad that you are taking hold of your life at this age - I feel that I wasted so many years being obese. You will now have a lifetime free of that.. We kid ourselves that we are fine with our weight - but that's just denial... Ya we accept it but aren't truly happy as it limits the quaility of our lives..

Hugs for a safe surgery and speedy recovery - Wishing you the best !!!!

haha, yeah i know right (:

i wish i fixed it a long time ago, i felt like i wasted my teenage years being obese, too. yeah i totally agree.

thank you so much!!

I think its awesome you already took initiative to make a schedule. Moving around (within reason) is really what will help you heal and also prevent things like clots and deconditioning. I think its important to advise that you make this (exercising, diet) part of your life, but don't let it become your life. You are going to have a lot of wonderful adventures coming your way, dont miss them. I wish I had this opportunity available to me at your age and the maturity to take it. The only way I could parallel this is that I let getting into med school take up a big part of my life when I was that age and now wish I had lightened up a little more, I still would have gotten in. Just as you will still reach your end goal, even if you take on a job or an extra class. Keep focused and Best of luck!

Edited by MoxieDO