Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi. I was just banded this past Monday (6/29/09). Doc gave me the ok to start on pureed food. Any good suggestions? I'm trying to figure out how to get my Protein each day. :)

Congrats! I was just banded on 6/16 and am also on puree. I dont know if your allowed to but I eat scrambled eggs with onions and garlics and fat free cheese melted on top.

I also LOVE baked sweet potatoes with a little margrine and salt. I also make sweet potato fries. I bake them and leave them still soft. All these have good Protein.

Also Carnation milk drinks are good and dont taste like a "diet drink". Bananas with Peanut Butter. PB has good Protein.< /p>

Another thing I do is fat free taco bell refried Beans mixed with pureed salsa and fat free cheese melted ontop.

Look on the website. So many good recipes! Good luck!

If you like cottage cheese, get the fat-free kind. It's so versatile! Want something sweet? Add applesauce, baby food, or sugar free jam/jelly. Something more savory? Put Pasta sauce in and zap it for 30 seconds in the microwave. Or add salsa. It's great!

Fat-free refried Beans with low-fat cheese are yummy. I've also blended baked Beans.< /p>

If you're allowed potatoes, try garlic mashed potatoes with green chili and low-fat cheese (I allow myself to eat that no more than once a day. I try to focus on more protein-friendly options).

You can blend tuna salad or chicken salad made with reduced fat mayo.< /p>

Try pureed chili (I like Wendy's) and thicker Soups, too.

Wow! I'm amazed at how many people on here are able to move to pureed food so quickly! I'm a little jealous, as I was banded on 6/29 as well, and have been told I can start the next stage off of just liquid on 7/20. One resource that I found that I bought for the next stage is a book called Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery, by Patt Levine & Michele Bontempo-Saray. One of the author's was an occasional editor at Gourmet magazine. I found it on Amazon, and the recipes look really good, and she advises on cooking the meal for the family and what to puree. Disclaimer: I have no connection with this book or the authors, other than I've just enjoyed reading the recipes for when I get to move to my next stage.

Best Wishes,

Poppet

Wow! I'm amazed at how many people on here are able to move to pureed food so quickly! I'm a little jealous, as I was banded on 6/29 as well, and have been told I can start the next stage off of just liquid on 7/20. One resource that I found that I bought for the next stage is a book called Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery, by Patt Levine & Michele Bontempo-Saray. One of the author's was an occasional editor at Gourmet magazine. I found it on Amazon, and the recipes look really good, and she advises on cooking the meal for the family and what to puree. Disclaimer: I have no connection with this book or the authors, other than I've just enjoyed reading the recipes for when I get to move to my next stage.

Best Wishes,

Poppet

Hi Poppet,

Thank you for posting about that book, as I saw that the other day on Amazon and wondered if it would be worth it to get it. I will definitely check it out. I am about to be banded on Tuesday and will need some ideas on what to puree. My hubby got me a Magic Bullet on my birthday and just cannot wait to use it!! It'll be a while, but thank you again! :eek:

The bullet is great! I put everything in it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches