Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. T. Daniel Harrison - Start of a new me!

I was banded on 4/28/09 by Dr. Harrison at Lehigh Valley Hospital. I had absolutely no pain after surgery, or gas as many others had. No pain meds since surgery. I am 19 days out 16.5 lbs down and my incisions are healed with minor scarring which is diminishing everyday. I have my first fill coming on 6/11/09 and I am eating just about anything I want after chewing,chewing,chewing,(just not in any great portions). I find myself getting full fast and just stop and save what is left for another meal. Dr. Harrison is great IMHO. He takes time to explain everything to you and is always there if you have questions. Thanks for changing my life!

Hi!

I am being banded May 26th by Dr. Boorse at Lehigh Valley. I am glad to here you are doing so well. I hope I fair as well as you did after surgery. Congratulations on being banded and I wish you great sucesss.

Jodi

Jodi, I haven't been here in awhile but congratulations on your new beginning! It has been a year and 3 weeks since my banding and I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. I'm like 2 1/2lbs short of 100 lbs loss from my heaviest. I've gone from a 50-52" waist to a 42" waist(can't wait to hit 38 again). I had my last fill(as Dr. Harrison put it) 3 weeks ago. I'm 8 cc's in a a 13 cc band. food does get stuck every now and then but you just have to wait for it to go down and then your alright. The secret is to chew, chew, chew, and only take very little at a time. I am off all my diabetes meds and my sugar is fine every time I check it. If you have any questions just pm me and I'll get back to you asap. I've had a co-worker get banded by Dr. Harrison last month and she is doing great also. This is truly a life saving surgery. All for now, stay in touch and the new you is about to happen!

rcher, thanks so much for your inspiration! I'm being banded a week from today (May 26), and I intend to be where you are now a year from now. I promise I will chew chew chew!!!

Hi!

I am being banded May 26th by Dr. Boorse at Lehigh Valley. I am glad to here you are doing so well. I hope I fair as well as you did after surgery. Congratulations on being banded and I wish you great sucesss.

Jodi

I'm also being banded by Dr Boorse but in August. Glad to find someone else on here from the area. How are you doing so far? I'm down 5.5lbs so far, only 65 more to go.

hey guys im from the lehigh valley and am looking how to get started.. only thing i can find on lap band surgery in lehigh valley is at the lvh, but it doesnt really give me doctors or phone numbers..can anyone give me a number pretty please? also to go to a consultation with these doctors do i need a referral from my regular doctor.. thanks everyone!

hey guys im from the lehigh valley and am looking how to get started.. only thing i can find on lap band surgery in lehigh valley is at the lvh' date=' but it doesnt really give me doctors or phone numbers..can anyone give me a number pretty please? also to go to a consultation with these doctors do i need a referral from my regular doctor.. thanks everyone![/quote']

Call 610 402 CARE and they'll guide you through it. You have to go to a general information session first, then you fill out paperwork there. They call you back within a week and schedule all your appts.

thanks sweetie :0) i actually broke down and did that bc i really couldnt find anything specific.. i am scheduled for the free info night next week and am pretty excited and nervous.. finally taking some steps!

I only just started recently, so I may just see you around! I have my support groups scheduled in August and October, so if you go to either of those, i'll see you for sure!

thanks everyone :0) @ mystie- I go for my consultation night at lvh tues the 26 so I'm excited to be moving forward to get my questions answered and that would be cool to run into ya! I'll let ya know how everything goes and if I get scheduled! ;0)

Does anybody in this thread have information about the support groups at Lehigh Valley Hospital for band patients?