Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ok going to ask pizza and pasta

I eat thin crust pizza and I love it. I only eat 1 piece of a small and it fills me up. I also eat whole wheat Pasta about once a week. My husband uses it to make pastalaya and I have never had a problem with it.

I eat Pasta more than I eat pizza. As far as pizza goes about one piece of a medium thin crust pizza is all that I can do. I can eat pasta, but I have to make sure it is cooked really well.

thanks so much to everyone!

sandi

does anyone ever eat a piece of pizza or a small serving of Pasta, when they are able to eat regular food.

thanks

I will occasionally eat a slice of pizza. As many have previously mentioned, it helps if the crust is very thin and crunchy.

Pasta......hmmmmm...I very rarely eat Pasta. I can tolerate it if it is whole wheat and a little undercooked....but I would rather spend my meals eating better stuff. My personal rule (and it's worked out well for me) is get the Protein in first.

I'm all for the thin crust. I can eat two pieces and I'm done. I've had regular and deep dish, but have to really chew and have super small bites. Almost not worth the work. I have Pasta too, anything but spaghetti. For some reason those long skinny noodles just do not agree with me. I can do any other shape but that. Ravioli, lasagna, shells, elbows, whatever. Pasta Sauce is actually a very good vegetable serving. I think I'll make ravioli this weekend, now it sounds really good!!

So far I've been able to eat anything I want, just try to eat far less of it! I was banded on 3/5/09 and have never yet thrown up or been sick. I have had 2 fills now and will definitely need a third as soon as they allow it (in about 3 more weeks) because I'm still eating more than I should - try as I may not to! I'm trying to make permanent eating changes as I go along so that I don't have to worry about fills always but can start depending on myself eating as I should....but I'm not there yet and still tend to overeat on occasions. Waiting for the next fill to help me get to my goals. But again, so far I haven't found anything foods I cannot eat. We'll see as time (and fills) go on....

I don't have any problems with either right now. I eat the lean cuisine pizzas for lunch sometimes. They are really good and go down great with lots of chewing! Pastas....not a problem at all.....yet that is! Hopefully with my next fill things won't go down as easy and I WON'T be able to eat all these yummy things anymore!

One very small piece of pizza is all I can eat (and it is a challenge). I don't have much of an issue with Pasta although I've only tried it twice. However, tortillas are EVIL :thumbup:

will everyone i had some Pasta tonight about 15 penne (whole wheat) with 2 turkey meat balls......was just fine.

actually i could have had more, but figured that was a good portion.

oh yea it tasted awesome.........love pasta!

thanks for all your replies.

Funny as I read this I ws eating pizza, treated the kids to pizza tonight, had 2/3 of a slice stuffed crust took me about 20 mins, thats about all I eat of pizza now, before would have been 3 slices, etc. So a little in moderation is ok, I think, I also have some salad , sprtzed with dressing

Nope... no pizza for me. My friend who works at the surgery center where I had my procedure done did tell me to go ahead and eat the toppings - but not the crust. I know that Pizza Crust, thin or thick, would give me problems. I also have had trouble with white flour Pasta, rice, and all breads. I can eat whole wheat pasta sometimes, but do try to limit it. I found the Whole Foods brand to be much better than regular grocery store whole wheat pasta. Once you get stuck/PB on something, it really takes the craving/love for it away. Am I glad that I can say "no thank you" to crust, bread, pasta, and rice now? Oh yes!! It was one of the things I was hoping for when I got my band. I still eat well, there are just some foods that I know I cannot eat anymore. Becky

"Once you get stuck/PB on something, it really takes the craving/ love for it away." Now, that's the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've never been that fond of pizza and would only ever eat gourmet wood fired and home made ones - that pizza hut shite, yuck. And your pizza that we see on movies and TV looks lots different to ours.

So given I dont like it a lot anyway and now its difficult to eat, I've really only bothered when I had no other choice since I was banded.

Pasta is more of a staple in our house and we do eat bolognaise and lasagne semi-regularly. And when I go out, most Pasta dishes are 'safe' for me in that I know it goes down and stays down. I just limit serving size and stick to non cream sauces.

I cannot handle pizza unless it was very thin crust and very crispy, if i do have some its only 1/2 slice and that's it. Pasta...Forget about it, can't do it, have tired sooo many times, just doesn't work for me. however, i started subbing spaghetti squash in place of "regular" spaghetti, i can handle that and its really tasty.

My doctor prefers that I eat high Protein, low carbs. However, I am a carb junkie and if I don't allow myself to eat what I want, it would do me in. Since I have had the band I am more conscious of how much I eat, but not so much of what I eat. I do not have a sweet tooth. I eat pizza about once a week and Pasta maybe a little more. I have to take very small bites and chew, chew, chew. Before the band I could eat 2 big plates of spaghetti. Now I can only eat about 1 cup. I can only eat about 1 slice of pizza (or 1/2 slice depending on size) when before being banded I could eat almost a whole pizza. Being banded has been the BEST THING I ever did for myself!!!!!