Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded last Tuesday the 21st and so far so good, tonight I had a couple of Tbsp's of watery grits and then my back started hurting really bad so I tried to walk it off thinking it was just gas, so then when it didn't subside I took a small dose of pain medication and then I got sick :unsure: it was more than just a burp up of some of the pain medication I did it several times, now my left shoulder is sore (same side as port) but I don't have the back pain, do you think I could've done some damage I know that band slippage can occur when you have this happen soon after surgery. Should I call my doctor tomorrow or just see how it goes?

Thanks for any help.

Theresa

Did your doc say you could have the grits?

I agree with restless..grits? and u just got banded on the 21st? i was on liquids for 3 weeks 2 weeks on mushies ( i would consider grits as mushies)....i dont think theres any damage...did ur doc give u a plan u have to follow and what u should be eating? if the pain doesnt go away then call ur doc...but u should be on liquids til ur doc advances u 2 mushies...good luck

I did find it strange that on week two I could graduate to watery grits, cream of wheat as long as it was watery, but I won't have them again. I'll stick to just liquids and then week 3 I'm allowed to start having mushies. My pain in shoulder has subsided some but my back pain is still pretty bad sometimes but it has been since my surgery, some say it could still be the gas and then it could be that I had another procedure done at the same time and I was laying on that OR table a long time. Thanks for the responses, I'm taking it one day at a time. :unsure:

If you didn't regurgitate the grits themselves, I'm not seeing that you were stuck on the grits. If, on the other hand the grits came up with the liquid, then I'd call it a PB and say the grits were just too soon.

I agree with Cathy, if you didn't re-gurgitate the grits it probably wasn't a PB. Keep in mind that right now you have very little in your stomache that sticks. liquids go right through you. Whatever gave you the initial pain (could be the healing or left over gas) could have been exacerbated by the pain meds. Pain meds are sometimes really harsh on a tender stomache. Just FYI, my doctor recently told me that slips do happen but they aren't as common as people think, so try not to worry too much about them. Be careful and diligent always but don't stress to much either.

Thanks everyone, the grits did not come back up it was just the pain medicine. Maybe my back pain is what made me sick, it was hurting really bad when I took the pain medicine but after I threw up or whatever it was my back felt a little better. I just know I'm ready for this back pain to be over, it's really the only thing bothering me and I was planning on going back to work today but I just can't stand the pain. I'm trying not to take any pain medication today except liquid tylenol to see if that will be enough since I can't work and take the other.

Theresa

Neilkelli, have you swallowed anything yet that just didn't seem to go down right but sat in your esophagus and hurt for a little while? Well, a PB is when that food that is stuck just refuses to move. Then you will start producing a lot of saliva to pave the way for it to come back up (often called "sliming"). Then you'll regurgitate the stuck food. It will come up hard and fast. It's not vomiting! There is no heaving of your stomach. It is just that stuck bite of food, with no stomach acid or anything else coming up. It's only happened to me once, BUT I just got a fill today that for the first time (it's only my third fill) makes me feel restriction, really feel it. Not guessing. SO I know I'll have to be much more careful to keep from having another PB.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches