Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Protein Supplement do you Prefer?

Paige, thanks for the tips! The pineapple and coconut with the vanilla sound great...can't wait to try it.

Also a heads up on GNC. I went there today and left with one of those huge 3 pound containers of chocolate Isopure. The clerk said that you have 30 days to try something and then bring it back with your receipt if you don't like it and get your money back! :mad: So, I figured since there were no small sample sizes to try, I will just try it and take it back if I don't like it. I didn't think they'd do that with something that big that has been opened. I also got a couple other pre-made shakes to try. One was called Worldwide and is low carb and 35 g Protein. I will let you know what they taste like. :smile:

BG, the costco Protein Drink had 5g for carbs. I have a case of them, so I will probably drink them eventually, but like I said, the taste is not so great. At least they are in a cardboard container so there is no tinny taste. Glad to hear the Atkins drinks are good. What flavors have you tried? I want to find something other than chocolate if possible, just to have a bit of variety.:)

My dietician gave me a list of Protein Drinks i could use but they sell Briatric Advantage. My office mate and I each bought 2 flavors and split so we have choc., vanilla, strawberry, and banana. We can make all kinds of flavors and I add 1/2 packet of crystal light to my vanilla as well. I like that they have 27 grams of Protein so I have not been hungry at all with them. I prefer them with Water and a couple ice cubes and shake them up vs. putting them in the blender with milk. My office mate is struggling with them but she thinks it is all in her head. I told her to get used to it because she has 2 weeks following surgery to drink them 2 times a day.

My nutrionist suggested a tasteless powder that you can put into things like Soup and to boost up the protien. I just ordered it for my 04/23/09 banding. It was:

Resource Beneprotein Instant Protein Powder, 8 oz. Can

You purchase it at Walgreens On-line. I thought this might be useful to have, so that I can basically make my own Protein drinks. We will see... a-newme

Here is the link:

Beneprotein Instant Protein Powder | Resource | Walgreens

My nutrionist suggested a tasteless powder that you can put into things like Soup and to boost up the protien. I just ordered it for my 04/23/09 banding. It was:

Resource Beneprotein Instant Protein Powder, 8 oz. Can

You purchase it at Walgreens On-line. I thought this might be useful to have, so that I can basically make my own Protein drinks. We will see... a-newme

Here is the link:

Beneprotein Instant Protein Powder | Resource | Walgreens

I looked at your link---just a heads up that it's only 6 grams of protein. That might be enough for now, but that's the same amount as in 6oz of fat free yogurt. The unjury has 20 grams of protein and is only 80 calories. I will say that the unflavored is strange. I tried mixing it into mashed potatoes and it turned them to liquid, though they weren't hot!! 6 grams doesn't seem like much protein if you're going to buy a protein powder.....Designer whey protein has 18 per scoop, though I've only tried it flavored. It's nice because it mixes with Water. Good luck with your surgery! May it be quick and as painless as possible. :drool: Paige

I have tried quite a few Protein powders and so far I have only found one I like. Actually I really love it and it tastes just like a milkshake. It is nectar brand and the flavor is chocolate truffle. I mix it in the blender with a cup of fat free lactaid milk and a half a banana. It is good without the banana, a little sweet, but way better with the banana. I am still trying to find another one I like so I dont burn out on the one I love and trying to find something I like mixed with Water too.

I personally like the Muscle Milk Light. Make sure you get the light (as regular muscle milk has way too much for us....). I find that it's cheapest to buy on Amazon. I like the chocolate milk and the strawberry.

Also, I like the "nectar" brand. They make funky flavors like peach and Cappuccino.

Try the Isopure Protein Water. 40 G of Protein in one bottle. The Mango is NASTY but the Grape is pretty good! It's a little pricey but it helps when you are on liquids.

Hope this helps!

Della :(

I'm going over to GNC this week for a variety. Someone asked about the Atkins, I tried Milk chocolate, Dark chocolate Royale and Mocha Latte, and they were all decent. EAS Cocolate fudge is good.

Good to know the Isopure Water is good. I want some of the nectar waters too. I'm getting some of the waters to try- zero carbs and sugar and high Protein and you can count them in your Water intake.

I just ordered a bunch of samples from Vitalady.com.

Has anyone seen the nectar zero carb Protein waters in local stores? Where?

I have not seen the nectar Protein Water, but I did try the Nectar fuzzy navel powder in water and it was not too bad. Still not as good as my chocolate truffel one, but I was able to drink it which I have not been able to say about the other Nectar ones I tried in water. Although this time I did use more than 8 onces of water. It says on the package to use 8-16 onces and I think they may be better with more water.

Yeah that's it; fuzzy navel is one of the flavors. They come premade or powdered. Is the chocolate truffle low carb?

The chocolate truffel has one gram of carbs so I would assume that makes it low carb. Of course that is before the milk, but you can mix it with Water too, I just have not tried that yet. I will have to see if I can find the fuzzy navel premade and give it a try.

I picked up Isopure Zero Carb AlpinePunch today not bad and if I read right 50 grams of protien for 2 scoops. Mixed it with Water and it doesn't taste bad tomorrow I'm making it in the bullet blender see if it mixes better.

Edited by JayTee562