Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

bending over kills

Hi , I got banded 3-4 and will get my first fill 4-3 can you tell me how it went. also I am having so much pain around my port area and in the back I started to take pain meds again, it feels like my muscles are being torn apart. Does anyone else have this experience. Please help. I started eating solid foods at my 2 1/2 mark and hope I didn't do any damage. My Dr. didn't seem too concerned

was your doctor not bothed or he didnt seem concerned because he thinks everything is normal ?, thats what i would be asking him/her so i get to know a professional answer,

My port can be a little uncomfortable as it moves about sightly but not kills as you wrote in the title..

IF it kills then i would go back to the doctors & dont leave until you are 100% happy with what it is causing you so much pain

good luck

Everyone has different pain tolerances so what is really painful for one is no big deal to another. It is difficult to judge how bad the pain feels from the post.

However, now that you are a few weeks out from surgery I think it is unusual that you should have a lot of pain at this point. Discomfort, sure and maybe lifting or bending might make you sore but this sounds like more pain than that.

Do you have any additional redness or swelling around your incisions? Do they feel hot to the touch? Are all incisions closed up by now with no discharge? These are all questions you need to consider in the case of possible infection.

Definitely call your doctor one way or the other. Especially if it is getting worse instead of better.

Heather- My nurse said if no redness or fever not to worry about infection, I don't have either, just sharp pain if I stand too long. which is everyday at work, I can not bend over to pick anything up off the floor. and hard to tie my shoes. It feels like my muscles are being torn.

I was banded on March 3. Once in a while when I bend over I feel a little pain. I think its a matter of our bodies adjusting to the pain. I really don't have any pain anymore.

It's been nearly 2 weeks for me and I will ocassionally have the feeling of needles in my port area when I reach to the left (my port on the right). Has this been common for anyone else? I go for my 2 week appt. Tuesday and will ask the PA at that time.

I felt the same way, lots of pain. I was on pain meds for 3 weeks. I know exactly what you mean when you say you feel like your muscles are being torn apart, that's how I felt with any slight movement. Just remember that the port is sutured to the stomach muscle, so it will be painful, for some more than others. But nothing was wrong, and it did get a lot better... about a month after surgery I was feeling much, much better. It's different for everyone, I wouldn't worry too much. But always contact your doctor's office if you feel something is wrong.

As far as my first fill went, the fill itself wasn't bad at all. The shot to numb me wasn't bad and after that I couldn't feel the needle at all. The girl that does my fills is also banded, so she was very careful with me. My port was a little hard to access, so I had to lift my head to tighten my stomach muscles, and that hurt, but then it was over and she helped me sit up. A few hours later I was pretty sore. I got a huge bruise the next day, and had to go back to my pain meds for the next couple of days. All the activity of the fill got the pain going again. But then I was back to normal. My doctor said it was fine but to call if the area around the incision became red or inflamed.

I hope this helps, hang in there and good luck!

Edited by cristina

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches