Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wii are ready to work out!

Okay, I finally did it! I got a Wii Fit. This thing is really cool! I haven't been cleared to exercise yet, but I got on there and did some of the balance stuff and yoga. I loved the game where you have to get the ball in the hole! Harder than it looks!

My 62 year old mother got on there and did the Hula Hoop game and balanced better than I did. AND her Wii Fit age was younger than mine!! :unsure: I had to throw the gauntlet down and tell her to come back in a month and we will see who is younger! :laugh:

Anyhoodles, I think this is going to be great for the whole family to use! A little exercise couldn't hurt the kids!!! I am actually looking forward to exercise!!!

Hugs,

Hey Shelly, You will love it! I got one about a month ago and as you use the Wii fit more and more you unlock other balance games that are addicting. I also like the run and the hula hoop - as long as no one is watching! :rolleyes:

On the run you are not suppose to pass your Mii that is leading but if you do and the dog is there you start following the dog. Give it a try when you get cleared for exercise! Congratulations!

yeah I have one too. It is alot of fun. I like the tight rope walking and there is this one were you are in a penuin suit and you have to slide all around an iceberg.. its' pretty amazing. :rolleyes::thumbup::thumbup:

Oh man, I like that one too! but myfavorite is the bubble in the creek. I have not been able to do it. I am unbalanced. In doing my balance test she does ask me if i trip often. I think that is the real reason they have straps on the controllers. so you don't throw it at the TV! Especially when she goes OH! when you step on.

OMG~ they asked me if I tripped often too! :rolleyes: I really don't think I am a big spaz! :thumbup: But I guess my balance is all out of whack.

Those games sound really fun! I wanna put on a penguin suit!!

We can run on this thing??

(And it won't break????)

Hugs,

Hi Lyndi, this does'nt have to do do with the Wii,(although I think I will go out and buy one now!), I had surgery the same day as you and was wondering how much of the 30 lbs you lost after the surgery?and if you feel any restriction yet or your just using willpower?

You actually run with just holding the remote. you don't use the balance board. It starts out with 2 minutes then after you do that a couple of time is unlocks a 4 minute run then a 10 minute run. I'll tell you I am sweating and my calfs are burning at the end of 10 minutes. I figure I am a wuss!

Especially when she goes OH! when you step on.

HAHAHA!!! That's a game in and of itself! Trying to step on light enough that she won't moan! My mii has actually "slimmed" down since I first started. It was exciting. ;-)

Hey....I haven't got Wii Fit yet but I do have Dancing with the Stars and I love it. I use my legs and hips along with the wii mote and numchuk to really boost up my work out. WInning two trophys takes about 20 minutes and I love the music. I also have Dance Revolution Dance Party 2 with the mat that goes on the floor and your feet have to follow the screen. It is really hard and I can only do a few of the beginner songs. I am sweating and breathing hard doing only 10 minutes or so for all the jumps it requires. I really need to work up to that one. My next investment will be Wii Fit. It sounds like a blast.

Marge~ those games sound like alot of fun!! I absolutely LOVE to dance! I bet my kids would love 'em too! I may have to invest in one of those. Which one do you like best??

Hugs,

I have finally visited my Wii again, it's lots of fun. I am curious about the Dance with the stars game, it's a Wii game. Maybe I can learn some sweet moves before my 30th class reunion. I have not danced in so many yrs!! sounds fun. Patti with a smile:lol:

Okay, I unlocked that stupid bubble-down-the-river game. I must be the biggest SPAZ on the planet! I can't get past 198 yards on this thing!!! :) How freaking annoying!

And I have noticed that on the step-dance game & the yoga , when they refer to the left leg, it is actually my right. Why am I backwards?? (besides the fact that I am a complete spaz):)

In other news my Wii age has gone down 9 years already!! I'm rockin' the yoga! :biggrin:

Hugs,

Okay, I unlocked that stupid bubble-down-the-river game. I must be the biggest SPAZ on the planet! I can't get past 198 yards on this thing!!! :) How freaking annoying!

And I have noticed that on the step-dance game & the yoga , when they refer to the left leg, it is actually my right. Why am I backwards?? (besides the fact that I am a complete spaz):)

In other news my Wii age has gone down 9 years already!! I'm rockin' the yoga! :biggrin:

Hugs,

Do you have the power button on the balance board facing away from the tv? If not that might be why you're backwards.

OMG!!! I thought the blue button had to face the t.v. so it could communicate w/ the Wii. :biggrin: Guess I could have read the instructions....but where is the fun in that?

Ok, I AM the biggest spaz on the planet............

Thanks for your help!!! :)

Hugs,

Hi, I gave the Wii Fit to my husband last Fall. We have played many games, the Wii ski jump is my favorite. I'm don't have a id myself, but am going to create one tonight. I'm only 6 days off my surgery, so will have to take it easy, but I'm looking forward to doing something fun.