Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP! Samples meals need, I'll Start

:thumbup:

I'd love to share some of the staple dishes that are helping you out there that are in the same boat as myself.

What I'm looking for is ideas of meals, and trust me I know everyone is different, but I'd like to know sample breakfasts lunches and dinners that are working good for everyone!

I'm a guy, and need to lose in the neighborhood of 250-275 lbs.

I've been on the trail for about 5.5 months, and am down about 65 lbs. I'm good with that, and have recently started an exercise regimine due to less stress on my back and knees from dropping the first 65 lbs. (started over 500 lbs) :)

I'll start with a couple examples that work good for ME, hopefully someone else will try them and get a good meal that works for them.

Breakfasts:

Not so hard, I can eat very little in the morning because the band is quite TIGHT.

I have found a 1 egg "omelette" works great.

I add onions and mushrooms for low caloric fillers, and ONE HALF piece of cheese. If i use a whole piece, it clumps and gets stuck! 1/2 a piece of cheese adds flavor and works.

Also, I boil eggs a dozen at a time and keep them in my fridge. In a pinch, so I have a good Protein rich start to my day I grab TWO eggs and have hard boiled EGG WHITES w/ a lil salt and pepper for Breakfast. Very satisfying for me :-)

Lunches:

I've personally settled on the following:

Small dollar store bought premade tuna and Chix salad meals. Less than 260 calories, they go down well for me and offer a decent mix of calories vs Protein fat and carbs. (not a prot fat carb counter, but I know how to read a label)

Half turkey sandwich with light mayo w/onion and pickles. Just a half, then I can add a yogurt or something to get in some dairy with healthy carbs to add to my diet.

Dinner:

By far the most successful, considering everything to do with the lapband..

Fish and Veggies... since I'm eating small portions, a little butter is used because the fat is needed in your diet and the calories/flavor factor is a GREAT no brainer. Just don't go nuts, that should go without saying.

The fish I cook Blackened!! Its great, and fish is by far the BEST healthy food for making me feel full. Zatarins makes one of the best sprinkle on blackened seasons out there, and you can get it to stick without the butter (fat free Pam) if you so desire!

Another Dinner:

Comes from the "mushy" stage of the lapband process

I still love Fat Free refried Beans mixed with my favorite salsa and a dollup of FULL FAT sour cream to bring it together. Again the fat vs Flavor benefit that using full fat sour cream adds to this dish is WELL WoRTH IT guys!

Those are my best "luck" foods with the lapband, I really hope there are people out there who will share.

I have other Ideas, but if we all post then we can get some good ideas that I'll be we aren't thinking about.

This is a great thread, but I was just banded on 2/5 and I don't start the mushy stage until 2/23, and then no solids until 2 weeks after that... so it may be a while before I can contribute with any accuracy on what works and what doesnt, but you definitely have the right idea. My doctor stresses organization and plan, plan, plan.

So I'll be back, and I'm looking forward to swapping recipes then!

Great idea OP, thanks for starting it!

Breakfast

I am a creature of habit when it comes to Breakfast for the most part its 1 or 3 meals!

1. 1 pckt sugar free oatmeal (Walmarts Brand) and half a scoop of banana flavored Protein mix

2. 1 scrambled egg with 2% cheddar cheese mixed together with about 3 strawberries on the side

3. 100 calorie wheat/high Fiber english muffin toasted, I then cut up a boiled egg with about a tsp low-fat mayo and have an egg sandwich. I can only eat about 2/3's of it but its a great change to the oatmeal!

lunch

I eat a lot of the South Beach pre-package meals since its easy to take to work with me

I also like to do cottage cheese with strawberries and a few slices of organic turkey breast deli meat with no fillers (Nature's Promise brand is the best)

dinner

Once a week I make a batch of meat-free chili that is so good.

1 can of black Beans

1 can of pinto Beans

1 can of red kidney beans

2 cans of fat-free chicken broth

1 packet of spicy chili seasoning

1 can of fat-free refried beans

1 can of fire-roast stewed tomatos

drain and rinse all of the whole beans, mix all the ingreds together, except the refried beans, let it simmer for about 30 minutes then add the refried beans to thicken the chili. Or if you don't like thick chili you can leave out the refried beans all together.

Also if you must have meat try adding 93% fat free all white turkey breast meat to it.

Another favorite meal is taking chicken breast and grilling them (I use my George Foreman) then dice them up...in a large skillet add about a TBS of olive oil and throw in some summer squash, onions, mushrooms and zucchini after the veggies are tender throw in the chicken and add about 1/4 cup of fat free terryika sauce...serve over couscous. My entire family loves this meal.

Other then that my meals look like everyone elses!

Good luck! Can't wait to get some other goods ideas!

Congratulations on your 65 lbs lost! AWESOME!

I'm new here. I just had my lapband surgery on 1/26/09 and so far I'm down 32 lbs!

I'm not big on diet foods. I would rather just have a little of the real stuff or nothing at all, but that's just me. Feel free to modify how you see fit.

I found during the puree stage that chicken didn't puree too well. Things that I found puree well were: Butternut squash, carrots, hamburger in hotdishes, hamburger with mushroom Soup and mashed potatoes just to name a few.

Breakfast

1/2 c Water

1/2 c 2% milk

3 Tablespoons Malt-o-Meal

1 Tablespoon Splenda brown sugar

2 Tablespoons Peanut Butter

Cook until desired thickness. I cook it rather thin, then take it to work and heat it up. That way it doesn't get too thick

This fills me up for the whole morning.

Lunch/Dinner

Something else I tried (just one of many experiments) was a modified tuna casserole. I subsituted instant mashed potatoes for the Pasta.

sautee in a dab of butter

onions

celery

Add to sauteed vegies:

1 can cream of muchroom Soup

1 can 2% milk

2 cans tuna drained

1 dab of butter

1 dab of mayo (makes it creamy)

salt & pepper to taste

1 sm pkg of instant potatoes

cook to desired thickness

dinner

Prepackage meatballs (I buy Kirkland brand from Costco)

1 can cream of mushroom soup

This is quick and easy and also purees well. Then you can add 1/2 c mashed instant potatoes or 1/4 c cooked vegie like carrots or squash and a 1/4 c potatoes.

Hi everyone, and congrats on all the success!

I found the jackpot when it comes to recipes. All of these are under 200 calories per serving. I hope this website helps put some variation into the diet.

http://dietrecipesblog.com/category/chicken-recipes/

It also might be worth mentioning that I am a huge cheese and cream cheese fan. Since the band I have found a nice indulgance. I have one at each of my meals, it's the laughing cow cheese wedges. 35 calories per wedge. I love french onion and the garlic and herb flavors. Yum!

Thanks for the thread!

There's a new book by Hungry Girl called 200 recipes under 200 calories.

In case anyone is a huge Pasta fan,there's good news for us! There is now Pasta made out of tofu and what's more is it is only 20 calories per serving!!! It comes in different forms like spaghetti, angel hair, etc.

With the warmer weather now, instead of having an ice cream, I take my crystal lite, add a little Water and ice to the blender and make myself a slushie. It's very satisfying and a great way to get your fluids in! :thumbup:

Oh and with blackberries being on sale, I made a blackberry smoothie, which was delicious and actually stuffed me. It was all under 200 caloies.

1 small banana

1/2 cup blackberries

1/2 cup lite/fat free vanilla yogurt

1/2 cup ice.

Blend til smooth and enjoy!

Edited by lapbandgirl4life

see my signiture line at bottom....click on link