Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone banded Feb 3, 2009

Hi, I was banded on February 3 also in Brisbane Australia.

Had terrible gas pains after the op and the next day. Took DeGas and Nurofen Plus for 2 days but off all pain relief now. Yes, fitting in all the Protein Drinks is a problem for me also. I have to drink 100mls over half hour so Breakfast, lunch and dinner take 1.5hours each and 100mls juice at AM Tea take 1 hour and PM Tea takes another hour. But at least I haven't had any nausea or pain. I'm sore where the long cut for the port is. Sick of sleeping on my back already.

Hello,

I was banded on the 3rd in Portland Maine.

Port pain is definitely less than it was a few days ago, and I am able to get my fluids in over the course of a day. Didn't really have any nausea issues, thankfully.

I have several flavors of powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein powder (recommended by several folks in my support group) and mix that into broth, Water, Jello and tea. This morning I am drinking a Decaf chai tea with vanilla Protein Powder and a scoop of Fibre sure (just to make sure things keep moving), and it doesn't taste half bad! The Unjury has 20 gr of Protein per scoop, so it really helps me hit my target number.

Later today I'm going to try some cream Soup and maybe even some applesauce. yum!

Congratulations and good luck to all of you fellow bandsters!

Happy Birthday!

Instead of chocolate cake, how about some chocolate milk?

I had some Egg Drop Soup last night and tolerated it very well and am even feeling less sore this morning....I am definetly not as whiney today!

Today is my birthday and I would love to have some chocolate cake...Lordy Lordy look whose 40:tongue2: However next year for the sweet 41 I know my celebration will be well worth it because I will fit into some skinny jeans..:cursing:

HI Ladies!

I also was banded on 2/3, in Baltimore MD. I think my biggest issues are the mild acid reflux and the cold I have that's being a real nuisance. I think it has something to do with the breathing tube they stuck in my nose, but who "knows" (ha..corny joke lol).

I don't see my doctor until the 17th before I can start my pureed foods, and its looking like next week is going to be quite a stretch. I'm losing my mind with boredom! I watched 5 episodes of Desperate Housewives, which I've never been interested in, all the judge shows, walked around a lot and tried to exercise..still bored. I have to admit, it is a nice break from teaching, but all I keep thinking about is "Gonna make it to pureed, gonna make it to pureed" lol. Guess that's bad?

I was also banned Feb 3, 2009... ready to die from only Water....

No real pain, but I have been up and going since Recovery lol. I am restless... and I swear... what are you all getting to eat?!

I've got Jello, broth and water... I feel like I'm starving and I'm whiney... not to mention the whole keep crying thing because I'm hungry

Edited by MoonBunny30

Yep, another Feb 3rd bander from York, PA - feeling pretty good - just had some cream Soup and tomatoe juice - tasted pretty good. I took a little walk.

I plan on going back to work on Monday - it might be only 1/2 day though....

The only problem I have is a ache on the left side of my neck - when I breath in is when I feel it - I figure it must be a gas pocket that got stuck up there LOL Any suggestions???

I have slept on my side for the last couple days - was never told I couldn't - it was a bit sore at first but I can sleep fine now. Hope I didn't mess anything up inside.

My liquid is still going down OK so I guess everything is working right.

OK - going to go back to my Lazy Girl chair and read.

Keep in touch.....:cursing:

Yep, another Feb 3rd bander from York, PA - feeling pretty good - just had some cream Soup and tomatoe juice - tasted pretty good. I took a little walk.

I plan on going back to work on Monday - it might be only 1/2 day though....

The only problem I have is a ache on the left side of my neck - when I breath in is when I feel it - I figure it must be a gas pocket that got stuck up there LOL Any suggestions???

I have slept on my side for the last couple days - was never told I couldn't - it was a bit sore at first but I can sleep fine now. Hope I didn't mess anything up inside.

My liquid is still going down OK so I guess everything is working right.

OK - going to go back to my Lazy Girl chair and read.

Keep in touch.....:cursing:

I heard that walking was the best way to get rid of any pockets of air/gas that may be inside. I haven't really had much pain in my side so I can't vouch for it personally. After surg I got paranoid about blood clots and just started walking as much as I could, so maybe that helped.

Have you been driving yourself around yet? I'm not sure when I should start back doing this. Being in the house is kind of boring. I'm getting hooked on Lost though.

I got banded on feb 3rd. I was allowed to progress from clears to half full liquids on day three! I am allowed to start mushy stuff a week out.

I only take Percocet to allow me to sleep and Aleve once in the morning, so I guess I am doing well. I took my dog for a walk today but had just gone to Sam's club with my kids and am a little tired. Mopped my floor and vacuumed today,drove yesterday.

I am working on the Protein and yesterday I got in 45 Gms, not too bad. The dietician told me to aim for 60 to 80 gm per day, but many sites said to concentrate on the fluids initially, that is vital. I added a plop of Peanut Butter and a banana to a choc Protein Drink to add calories and protein. I could only drink 4 oz at a time with no problems, so the whole thing ends up lasting a few feedings. Keep in touch. We can do this! Peg

I was banded Feb 4, 2009 -- hopefully that's close enough, I posted a question but haven't gotten any answers....I was up 10 lbs when I came home from the hospital 2-5-09, as of 2-7-09 I am still up 4 lbs from my pre-surgery weight.....did any of you experience this?

I was banded on Fed 2

I was on 3 days of Clear Liquids broth, tea, coffee, apple juice, popsicles, and Jello, now on liquids until I see my doctor on the 12th. I just started the liquids today had some cream of wheat, pretty Goodl. Haven't been too hungry.

Edited by dream716

hey guys, i was banded 2/4/09. during my surgery they found some scar tissue in my abdominal walls and i have no idea how it got there as i never had any surgeries in my abdominal area ever as a matter of fact this is my first surgery. i hear most of you are not hungry, but i am starving. i take longer to get stuff down, but this liquid diet is killing me. i am getting ready to dring my Protein Shake, but i am starving. i had Jello, fage yougurt, applesauce znd Soup which i hate hot liquid soup...yuk, just brought pudding..help any suggestions? oh yea i too was 10 pds up when i came home on 2/5, but have lost it as of today i down 10pds to.. any suggestionson what to eat. i wonder if i could put a banana in a protien shake at this phase or will it be too thick. i am able to tolerate the liquids just fine. i am really sore after they removed all the scar tissue in my abdominal wall. they sentme home with liquid tylenol 3 with codeine

Edited by hedostar

I did not blend the Egg Drop Soup, but did strain out the big pieces of egg white floating in it.

Malto Meal is an instant wheat based Cereal...it is in the same isle as instant oatmeal in the grocery store. There is Cream of Wheat and Malto Meal, both with different flavors.