Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feb 20th here we come!

I am also having the band placed on the 20th! I was really nervous, but then had an injury at work a week before I was supposed to have this done, and after 2 surgeries that each lasted about 3 times as long as this one is supposed to, I'm feeling alot better about it! I had to fight so long and hard to get this done, I'm just thrilled it's actually going to happen finally! GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF US!

Hey, I'm with you guys too! I am so excited and not worried about the surgery at all. I am not looking forward to the pain, I had my gallbladder out so I know how annoying the shoulder pain from the gas is. But I am looking forward to sitting on the couch and reading all day while the kids are at school and I don't have to go to work or clean house. Kind of balances out!

265/263/150

Edited by Donna I.
add stats

Well, I'm home from the hospital with my band! YEA!!!! He ended up not needing to do anything for the hiatal hernia, so I guess that is good news. He requires you to stay overnight, and then get a swallow study the next morning. All went well, and I'm already starting to feel better now that I'm allowed fluids again. Can't be too bad, or I wouldn't be posting! Just wanted to give everyonr an update, even if I'm still a little groggy from lack of sleep.< /p>

I too was banded yesterday. I had that stupid hernia thing, but wasn't required to stay over night. I had a really hard time waking up after surgery and was in the recovery for about 4 hours before they'd let me go home. I had a tough night sleeping because of all the IV and Water I had, but the pain isn't too bad. I do feel this gas pain that everyone talks about and if i tighten my stomach up i have pain in my port. But otherwise I'd say it was a success! I still can't believe I've made it this far!! I feels like a dream or something. Feb 20th was a good day for all!

I'm back too! As I sit here bruised and battered and drinkning my sustagen. Tummy pain not too bad, shoulder tip pain (from the gas) is getting better. I too had the swallow test after wards and promptly threw up that stuff was vile! we are on our way!

Deb

I'm back too! As I sit here bruised and battered and drinkning my sustagen. Tummy pain not too bad, shoulder tip pain (from the gas) is getting better. I too had the swallow test after wards and promptly threw up that stuff was vile! we are on our way!

Deb

I drank like 4 bottles of Water while i waited for them to let me go home, no problem. But the poor lady next to me tried to drink some Water and she was soo sick. But she said she didn't have any gas pain and i'm just over this pain already. It needs to go away.

My surgery went well, the Dr found a hiatus hernia that I didn't know I had. I was surprised how good I felt yesterday, no nausea and the pain was controlled. I didn't sleep too soundly, I was up every two hours to go to the bathroom. But I was able to lie on both sides which was good. Today I am more sore which I did expect, but I am feeling hungry. I have been drinking a lot of broth but am dying to have a protine shake or cream Soup. I am supposed to stay on clear fluids til Wednesday. What is everyone else eating?

I hope you are all doing well and not hurting too much.

Friday - surgery and nothing to eat just IV

Saturday - clear fluids only

Sunday - Sustagen, liquid yoghurt, Water, thin homemade vegetable Soup and cranberry juice.

And I am not feeling hungry at all I am getting the occasional upper gastric discomfort sort of like a heartburn but its different, I just change my position or stretch my chest and it goes.

Deb

I'm back and BANDED!!! The only complication was that they discovered I have a large uterus from Fibroids - as in, it comes up to just about my liver. They had to call in an OBGYN to see if it was ok to place the band. So now I've got to deal with THAT.:thumbup:

BUT, the band was placed, and I'm home after a couple of days at my friend's house. I haven't been taking too many painkillers, and the shoulder pain is getting better. I had my post-surgery follow-up, and have moved from Clear liquids to pureed foods. My first fill is March 30. I got the 10cc band and even empty, I still feel some restriction. OMG! It is SOOOO wonderful to be full on a half a cup of Soup and a small jar of baby food!

So....YAY!!! WE'RE HERE!!!

So how is everyone else doing? I had my port incision open up a little, had to see my Doc today. Everything is ok, He started me on antibiotics, steri-stripped it again, all ok. The best part is that that practice wants you to stay on full liquids for 2 weeks, and he gave me the go ahead to start mushies today! Best Cheesy rice caserole of my LIFE!! oh, and I lost 14 pounds, although he warned me some of that might migrate back now I can eat real food.< /p>