Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Guys,

So I just found out I am pregnant. Well I have been banded for about a year and a half now and lost 62 lbs. Guys, I am scared, nervous, happy and everything all into one. Is there any advice that bandsters that have had babies with the band can tell me like weight gain, how to cope with the HUNGER:crying:

Hi Guys,

So I just found out I am pregnant. Well I have been banded for about a year and a half now and lost 62 lbs. Guys, I am scared, nervous, happy and everything all into one. Is there any advice that bandsters that have had babies with the band can tell me like weight gain, how to cope with the HUNGER:crying:

I know several bandsters who got the band for the express reason of getting preggers. If your clinic has a site you might post on there and see who on there as been banded and I know some of the girls on the Yahoo Canadian Lapbander groups have recently been preggers and have done well.

Heather

Congratulations!

There is a forum on LBT for pregnant banders - as there are several on here who are pregnant. Check it out.

Congrats on the pregnancy! My band baby will be turning 1 this month.

I had lost 75 lbs before getting pregnant. I had a defill, and gained 50 lbs during the pregnancy.

Yikes, I know; but let me tell you it all melted away as soon as I gave birth. It was amazing, it was not like that with my eldest.

I had my first fill 10 days after giving birth. I flew to Toronto with my baby and daughter for a flouro. (Immediately after I gave birth I had sudden restriction, and was having problems even drinking Water, so I called my clinic.) My clinic wanted to make sure everything was ok after the birth, which it was.

My Dr. told me that the reason I became restricted was the sudden hormonal change. Apparently the muscles around the stomach relax during pregnancy allowing you to eat more, and after the baby was out, in me, they tightened back up quickly.

I have had two fills since March, in June and this past week. I now have less than 10 lbs until goal. I am almost 20 lbs lighter than when I got pregnant and I have a health happy breast feed baby.

I live in Sudbury, and I went to an OBGYN who treated my friends high risk pregnancy and I was happy to hear I was the second pregnant bandster he's had.

I hope this helps.

Nadine

I am now 17 weeks pregnant. At 5 weeks along I went and had a slight unfill. I had them take me down to my previous fill amount. They took me down from a little over 4 1/2 cc's to 4 cc's. I still have quite a bit of restriction in the morning but by the late afternoon can eat anything. I still can't overeat though. It is nice because I can get the nutrition without having the hunger. I was really scared of getting to much taken out and getting up over 300lbs like I did with my first child.

I have only one pair of pants I can't wear that I could pre pregnancy. As of my last appt I have gained 2 lbs. I will find out if that's changed on Monday when I go to my next appt. My doctor is concerned I won't gain enough weight. She wants me to gain 20-25lbs. My goal is to only gain between 10-20 if possible. I think as long as I make sure I am eating a well balanced diet and know that I am consuming enough calories that everything will be fine. I have eaten sweets when I've really wanted them. I try to keep my calories at the same range so as not to gain to much weight. The amount of calories that each of us can consume and not gain more than just actual baby weight will obviously vary. And this is just my strategy.

This is the first time I have visited or posted in months. I came looking to see what experience other pregant bandsters have had or are having. Nerdine_mit's weight loss after her pregnancy is inspiring. It gives me hope in case I do gain more than planned.

Good luck and congrats on the pregnancy.

:biggrin: ~Martina

I am now 17 weeks pregnant. At 5 weeks along I went and had a slight unfill. I had them take me down to my previous fill amount. They took me down from a little over 4 1/2 cc's to 4 cc's. I still have quite a bit of restriction in the morning but by the late afternoon can eat anything. I still can't overeat though. It is nice because I can get the nutrition without having the hunger. I was really scared of getting to much taken out and getting up over 300lbs like I did with my first child.

I have only one pair of pants I can't wear that I could pre pregnancy. As of my last appt I have gained 2 lbs. I will find out if that's changed on Monday when I go to my next appt. My doctor is concerned I won't gain enough weight. She wants me to gain 20-25lbs. My goal is to only gain between 10-20 if possible. I think as long as I make sure I am eating a well balanced diet and know that I am consuming enough calories that everything will be fine. I have eaten sweets when I've really wanted them. I try to keep my calories at the same range so as not to gain to much weight. The amount of calories that each of us can consume and not gain more than just actual baby weight will obviously vary. And this is just my strategy.

This is the first time I have visited or posted in months. I came looking to see what experience other pregant bandsters have had or are having. Nerdine_mit's weight loss after her pregnancy is inspiring. It gives me hope in case I do gain more than planned.

Good luck and congrats on the pregnancy.

:thumbup: ~Martina

Glad I helped.

Don't worry about the weight gain. I at first was upset about the lbs coming back on. But I knew I had my lapband to help me afterwards.

Keep us posted/updated as you go along.

Nadine

Congratulations - I've read quite a bit on different sites about being pregnant and having a band - you'll soon fined your niche.

I'm hoping to have another baby once I lose this weight.

Good Luck