Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP ME! I can't turn off the slime!

Help me. I'm at work. I tried to eat lunch about an hour ago. tuna and cracker, and cooked veggies. I did okay. Didn't finish as I started to hiccup. Then the slime started. It won't stop. Every 10 minutes or so I toss up big wads of slime. No food. Just slime. I'm hanging over the trash bin. I had a fill last Friday. Have been fine up until now. I've been able to eat my meals. Smaller, but was doing fine. why now?......suggestions?????

Sounds like you are stuck. Take small sips of pineapple juice. The acid will help break up the food quicker. If it doesnt go away soon id call the dr and see what they say. The food either needs to come up or go down. When i was stuck my dr suggested bending way over to try and let gravity pull it back up. I sipped on pineapple juice and it went down 10 min later. Good luck!!

Agree with the pineapple juice.

Then remember what you ate, how you ate it- and don't do it again. :laugh:

But sometimes AFTER I have a bite of an apple I remember what happens when I eat it whole- so I get the juice really quick to get it out before it gets stuck.

Are you still stuck? Since you are at work it may be hard to get a hold of pinapple juice. Try walking around a bit. If you are in a semi-private place, or even if you're not, try raising your arms for a bit. These things work for me. And do try the leaning way over. I also try pushing up on my stomach, when I am leaning over, kind of like the heimlich maneuver. Good luck, being stuck really sucks, especially at work.

I understand, I am the slime queen....All I can think of is that I am very sensitive to fills. I get so tired of the slime. I would love to know why I produce so much slime. I too sit at my desk and pray no one walks in.

My doctors says this is the only good use for Coke. He said to always keep a can of coke handy for major stuck episodes. Take a few sips and let it go to work. We used to use it at work to clean the tarnished coins out of the wishing well so its pretty strong!

At the very least, drinking something fizzy might actaully make you PB and get rid of it.

Ack, there's nothign worse or more annoying than something stuck which just wont go away.

Okay. I ran around with my arms in the air and leaned way over. No pineapple juice here. I didn't know anyone could produce so much crap!!! I had to go and empty my bin before anyone sees it! thank God they have plastic toss away liners. It took two hours, but it lessened and lessened. What a nightmare. Usually when I'm stuck I HURT!!! this didn't really hurt at all. I just kept sliming. What a wierd thing. It was not typical for me at all. Usually a sliming episode lasts about 5 - 10 minutes and it's done. Same for being stuck, except it hurts. This was just wierd. I guess no more tuna in my future. Bummer. That's a typical high Protein lunch for me. I hope my fill from Friday is not to tight. Gggrrrrrrr....

What size is your band? I got stuck on chicken...same thing...stuck for 2 hours...throwing up saliva every 5-10min. Its awful huh. what size band did they put on you and how many cc do you have altogether?

I have a 10 CC band with 5.6 cc in it. I got the .6 on Friday so it wasn't a very big fill. Glad to know the 2 hours of sliming happens to others. It was a first for me and I'm 14 months out. I was getting a little panicked. I usually have trouble with chicken. I have to cut it in microscopic pieces and put some kind of salsa or sauce over it to get it down comfortably. I've never had a bad problem with tuna. May have to add fat free miracle whip or something from now on.

ok yeah i have a 14 band and i go for my second fill tomorrow so i will have a total of 7 cc in my 14 band. Hopefully that will give me some better restriction than i have. Im glad you are better now. Take it easy and eat slow. :)

Aubrie:

One of the worst "stuck" episodes for me was with tuna. I think that it compacts when it's down in the pouch and turns into a rock.

Another trick when stuck is to bend as far over as you can and see if gravity pushes it one way or the other.

Glad you're feeling better.

Sue

Thanks for the support and advice. I've eaten three times since this happened yesterday, and no slime but DAMN am I restricted. Holy Cow!! I feel it after three bites. I'm sure to lose with this level of restriction. No more tuna for me. At least not dry.

Thanks for the support and advice. I've eaten three times since this happened yesterday, and no slime but DAMN am I restricted. Holy Cow!! I feel it after three bites. I'm sure to lose with this level of restriction. No more tuna for me. At least not dry.

So you had your fill on the 9th and are getting really good restriction now? So did it take a few days for it to kick in? I am curious since I am new and still trying to figure out this whole fill thing.