Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

? Sweet spot with 4cc band

I haven't posted in awhile and need some encouragement. I was banded 11/04/08 and I have had 2 fills. The first was 2 cc and no restriction and the 2nd was 0.5cc for a total of 2.5cc with still no restriction! Getting discouraged because the band only holds 4cc. I started at 305 and lost 33 pounds the first 3 weeks after surgery because I was never hungry. I am starving now and have gained back about 5 pounds. Has anyone else experienced this? Just wondering what the average sweet spot is on a 4cc band. Thanks. :)

Preop weight:305 Current:277

Banded 11/04/2008 in Jaurez, Mexico by Dr. Rodriguez

Edited by nursejenjen2003
Add weight loss ticker

i have 1.75cc in a 4cc band and i am tight. it just goes to prove that everyone is different. if you have no restriction by all means get a fill. once you reach your sweet spot you stay that way for quite a while. dont worry how much fill you have. keep going until it feels right. otherwise you are going to get depressed and give up.

It took me 3 fills at 2.75 to get real restriction and for me to think wow, this is how it's supposed to work. I had to have .25 cc's taken out about 8 months later because I developed reflux. I'm getting another fill at the end of January and I can't wait. Don't give up, and keep getting those fills.

Hi I havent really found my sweet spot yet either,I have the luck of having two bariatric nurses that have also had the band so they have wonderful ideas that work rather well. They told me to eat about 3 baby carrots or carrot sticks before my meal to fill up as they seem to take longer to pass thru,I have been doing this for about a month and have lost 7 lbs. Prior to that I was really at a stand still. I had my band 10/21/08. My Dr is a firm believer in keeping the band semi loose, I will see him again 1/09 I sure he will not give me a fill, I had a .5 fill the day of surgery and 4cc Nov 23. It sure has been tough during the holidays. New eating habbits are hard enough but all those goodies to avoid were TERRIBLE.:)

Thanks for the feedback. I got my band filled again Monday for a total of 3cc and finally restriction. There was supposed to be 2.5cc in it but there was only 2.25? Should I be worried about a leak? Anyway, I am losing weight again since this fill and I finally realize how this thing works! I just hope there's no leak!

Banded 11/04/2008 by Dr. Jose Rodridgeuz in Juarez, Mexico

Starting weight 305/Current 270

b2b18b3cbf268d5c58783ef0889dc185.gif

weight.png

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches