Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

hello everyone!

Reggie- can you resend the date of the get together?

QUOTE] Hey Maria it is 2/6 next weekend around 3/4p.m. I hope you can make it.

Reggie? Is the get together kid friendly?

Reggie? Is the get together kid friendly?
Yes it is I have a 11 year old daughter and a 6 year old son.

Hey all!!! I seriously just woke up. I got home from Richmond at like 12:30 and was out by 1:00. Waking up at 4:30 is no bueno. Anyways, today was fun. It was really nice to finally meet Lee and put a face to the name. John it was so nice to see you again, I cant wait to hear what happened with your meeting after hurry and let us know!!!

I think today has made me even more excited!!! I cant believe its almost here!!

WEll I hope everyone is having a good night. Im gunna rent a movie with my hunny and go to bed early, im tired today. 6 more days of work.. Phewwwww.. I think I am looking just as forward to my time off as I am the surgery hehehehe. Gnite all...

Tamra - you had your surgery last Wed. When did you start on the creamed Soups and cream of wheat? So what is up with cream of potatoe?

Pat ~ Robin told me the day of the Surgery (weds) until Fri was the broth, Water, etc. I then advanced myself to the next stage SAT. So basically 3 days stage 1.

Pat, Robin said the same thing today. My surgery is Monday so I'll advance to Stage 2 on Friday. Surgery day is day zero. Pat, I bet you wake up feeling a little better tomorrow.

Coco, so great to meet you and John today. Duh!! Why didn't we have a camera and get our pic taken together? I went to work, then got a call saying that Dr. Im is out this week and they rescheduled my pre-op history with Dr. Park for 4:30 today. That made 4x at Kaiser since Tuesday. I think I'm done now! At least now I'm ready to go. I hardly slept last night, so I'm exhausted now and can't wait to relax and sleep.< /p>

John, what happened in your noon meeting today?

Candra, congrats on finally feeling your band, in a good way!

Maria, it looks like you're doing terrific and you're rocking that band. Way to go.

Hey Mo, the contra costa women said to tell you hello.

That's all my brain can hold for now... sweet dreams everyone

PS.. Nicole, I'm holding you and your family in my prayers.

Ok - I had my chicken broth and did laps around the house again. I am trying to hang on until 9 and then go nite nite.

Talk to you all tomorrow. Yes Mo, it will be a better day!

Hi Everyone!!!

Lee, how exciting. Glad you have jumped through all the hoops. Tell the group I said, "Hey!" What thread is it again. I will register! However, I don't think I can keep up with 2 sites. I barely have time to keep up with this one.

Pat-I'm glad to see you are doing well and are up and around. Keep up the great work. I can't wait to see you. I know you probably won't make it to Reggie's....

Tamra-Go job on the loss. Like previously stated...this is when you lose the most...Try not to cheat...I know I did...

Ashley-Yes, girl, drag me there. I plan to go next meeting. It sounds like you had fun!!!

Reggie-I may bring my 6 year old daughter...Now the baby...That's another story.... She will distroy you place. Don't want to get kicked out...JK. I may not bring her though. Daddy's got to do somethin'. Do you want us to bring anything????

Jes-I will try to make you party. Thanks for the invite.

Candra-you should share the restriction. I think I have some....I'm just hard headed like Jes and I don't listen very well. ROTF LMBO!

Nicole, Lee and John.....Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John, where are you? What 12:00pm appt??? What happened????

I have had a pretty good day. Ate well, exercised well....Oh, the scaled moved a tad bit this morning too!!! Maybe there is something to this eating right, following the plan and adding exercise???? Who knew?

Pat ~ So you had your Surgery Tuesday right? So tomorrow your safe to advance to stage II which I am on right now. Doing strained cream Soups (cream of chicken, and now cream of potato), applesauce, pudding cups, and grits didn't agree with my band for some reason. :unsure:

Breakfast - 1/2 cup Applesauce

Lunch - 1/2 cup cream of potato soup

Dinner - 1/2 cup cream of potato soup

Lee- I meet a guy in the Antioch WLS support group that is getting sleeved by Dr. Im ... Let me know how it goes so I can tell him :)

Mo- are you going on the 6th?

Hi Ladies!

Oh we had so much fun today, well sort of! Meeting Lee and seeing Nicolie again was awesome. Glad to have company in repeating these classes. The first class (pre-op) Sleeve was never mentioned once. I don’t think Liz looked at me at all and I sat closest to her, kind of strange. Hi Liz! What a bore as nothing was new and it’s mostly spent talking about surgery which I have done twice. The second class (Nutrition) was better as the Sleeve was mentioned numerous times and Robin does a good job with the class. I did weigh-in under my mini goal for this next surgery, yippee! Doc who said to lose 12 pounds by surgery and even after all the drinks and tacos in Mexico last week I surprised myself as I thought I would have been only down half of my mini goal. Doc said to lose it by surgery but I really didn’t want to give Liz anything to bitch about today! I’d like to lose a few more pounds to get back to 85 total lost.

When I weighed in the lady said oh your John S… Funny I must have made a name for myself not sure if that’s good or bad. At the end of the day all I care about is having a successful surgery.

The meeting with Liz at noon was the same as last time; uncomfortable and I just don’t like her approach. I do think she means well but she makes you feel so uncomfortable. I really didn’t have much to say and it was just a waste of time. It was just a shorter version on the case manager appointment. Can you say control…

I also had to meet with Doc Who and he was running late again. I didn’t leave Richmond until 3pm. Long day! Surgery is still set for 17 Feb!!! Fingers crossed!

Lee – Did you do your homework tonight with the inspirometer?

Was up at 4:15am, time for bed. Nite!

Edited by skiingj

Ashley-I do plan to go and may have both my babies with me...I may leave the little one at home. I have another engagement in the morning and am not sure what time I am going to be finished. Do you want to ride??? I don't mind driving.

John I 100% agree that there are some control issues with Kaiser...............totally found that out the last couple of months. Same where I work people just out of school get drunk the power of worker for CPS in the beginning and go to the extreme.........once your around CPS you see people start to relax and not get so high off the power......I think with Kaiser it is alot about control and now sure why.................not everyone but for sure with some people...............I think it works for some people but for me it is a totally turn off...........I am having a hard time wanting to work the program.......I just want the darn fills and let me go.........but it has been a year of one to two times a week meetings..............I am so burned out and so fed up with the whole thing................most people at my stage are only going in every three months now.............I am totally feeling the control and hoovering and I am just done...............once I get a good fill I want to be done with all the appointments.............

So darn burned out on the Kaiser hoops...........love the band but I want to be on my own now. I have learned everything I need to..............I was more on top of everything than even Kaiser was I did the research and I can quote Kaiser and the binder forward and back.....

I was good with Robin but I did tell her the whole approach with me was a bit much.................I Have been having to drive there and see them once or twice a month since last NOvember..............I am so DONE!!!!

Robin didn't realized that I was in there so much. I KNOW what to do give me the darn fills and let me go!! LOL.

I felt like asking her about the "put the fork down comment" cause I think she needs to know not to every do that again but I didn't. I thought of what Jes said and shut my mouth........she was trying to imply the problems with me ending in ER was my fault again ........but whatevery I am done with those appointment. Just fills and nothing else.........once I get to my sweet spot I am DONE!! Dr. BAggs is ok but I am done with the rest............