Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Candra let me know how much of a fill you get I know you'll get one.

Liz told me they don't do group fills anymore. She also said if I loose a few pounds I can call and get another fill earlier since I don't have restriction. Oh she explained the difference between the sleeve, band & rny which I only knew part of. I liked it because she gave me some options when I told her I put mayo on everything. she explained why I was doing it and it's totally true. I'm creaming everything and thus able to get more down. Nothing like Robin she would have told me to do what the binder says. It may have to do with the fact that Liz is more our age then Robin and can relate....hmmm

ok I'm getting sleepy. Busy at work tomorrow so probably won't be on until after work.

Yea Candra it has been a long time you'll get a fill.

Jes did they say why no more group fills?? Hmm......I think I might know but just wondering. I think they want more one on one with Robin. But I agree Liz is more my age and I think she gets me more. She gets more of the background and emotional issues related to eating.........not just the binder, textbook issues.

Yea I think anytime we lose a bit faster we can get another appointment sooner. Dr. Baggs told me that too.

Tamra - I am so happy for you. Happy Band day! I have been thinking about you all day! I also remember the time on here when you almost gave up - I am so proud of you that you stuck with it. Be gentle with yourself the next few days - you need to rest and let your body heal.

I just got home from work at 11:30 and I still can't believe how much I have left to do by Monday to be ready to be gone for 4 weeks - having a new boss isn't helping!!!

Ok 5 days to Surgery!! (Nicollie you are right behind me!) I am not sleeping well but really am anxious for Tuesday to get here - I want to move on with this! I am eating OK so far this week - not the smallest portions but at least good stuff. Had a bad moment tonight since I didn't have dinner with me and thought about the snack machine but I had a Protein Shake instead.

Question for all the vetrans - I did not get any pills to take before surgery like Tamra did. Did they forget to give them to me? Should I call Liz? Also, dumb question but did you bring your own bathrobe and slippers with you or just use the hospital gown?

Riley - I signed up for the Emotional Eating class on 1/27 but of course will miss the first class. Are you signed up yet?

Happy belated B'day to Jes and Ash!

Good Morning!

I'm so sorry I missed the meeting last night. If I knew it was going to be Liz I would have swam there if necessary. Kicking myself now. :) Oh well, hopefully I'll have a meeting with her very soon.

scale still at 231.4 this morning. I know I'll be at goal next week. I wonder if I should make an appointment with Bev for next week to get weighed.

Tamra, how you feeling this morning?

Running late, couldn't fall asleep last night so slept till 6:15. Time to run! Have a fun day everyone and stay dry!

Morning all still raining here!! Headed out today hoping to get alot done including time at the gym!! Gotta hit right for Oprah ;-) WIsh I had a treadmeal at home!!

Ped on today Mo!! Here is to a great exercise day huh??

Nicole I am gonna text ya later. Hey all I finally have text messaging so add me to your list. I will PM you my number if I know who has text

Tamra girl!! You doing ok. Today is the worst day than it gets better. Hoping you don't have your little one today so you can sleep!! Getting up and down today is gonna be a bit slow.......check in when you can I am wondering how your doing!!

Ok off to work ladies. I am gonna try to call Liz later today. I know she is busy but gonna try. I really wanted to talk to her at Vacaville last week and missed out!!

LOL you guys, yes Bachelor #1 is still in my life! Nothing has really changed except I'm guarding my heart for a while longer. As a result, last week I had 3 dates in 3 days (two of them I have dated previously and they have too many issues 4 me), nothing physical just to be out doing things and not exclusively dating #1 . . . or else I will fall in love. Can't have that, not yet.

Talk in Robin's class went good, I think I made her eyes widen a few times! But it was good. Those people did not want to be there tho!

Tamra today is the worst that the pain will get!!

Good morning all! Not at 100% today. Hope my eating and exercise is up to par!!!

Hey Mo. No exercise here yet unless getting lost in an apartment complex looking for a family counts!! Don't you all think the numbers should go in chrono order but nope 278 was right next to 11.......HTH was I to know that??? So if that count it took me a half hour of walking in the rain to find a door to knock on with no answer.........

Haven't eaten much. 2 veggie sausage this morning.

Hi everyone

I am okay just very sore at my port area....I am home with my baby. I showed her my boo boos and she said ooohh mommy u need a band aid? I said no I'm ok but brianna can't touch okay? Of course right then she pokes one lol

Otherwise living off Water and vicodin. Doing tons of walking around my house. I ate some Jello but it made my tummy feel funny. Maybe full?

I think tina asked, I have 5 inciscions.

Okay I'm still groggy ill be back later. Thank you everyone for standing by me!!! I am glad I didn't quit either!! A year from now ill be running with my baby :)

Tamra - are you using your spirometer? I would use it for a few days at least to keep your chest clear. Yes, the port incision will hurt like the dickens for quite awhile. So glad to see you on here.

I don't remember who asked - but for lapband surgery you don't need to bring anything except your Kaiser card and your co-pay. You are in and out - I was like Candra - I skipped the bra and panties under my loose pull on pants and t-shirt - way too groggy to bend over. I was sick to my stomach too after the barium swallow and had my little container in case - they also put a wet papertowel on my forehead for the ride back upstairs.

Remember - this Saturday the 23rd is our Point West Kaiser Support meeting at 11 am and then we go out to lunch afterwards. I will be there with all the leftover clothes from our Vallejo walk that are still in my trunk.

CONGRATULATIONS TAMRA WELCOME TO BAND WORLD!!!! I am happy for you. I hope you are doing well.

Hi ALL,

I am sorry I missed the get together at Pam's place. I would like to take the opportunity to host a gathering at my place again if you guys will be receptive to it. I really miss all of you and would love to meet some of you.

I have the first weekend of Feb (6th) or the (13th). Please let me know which one will work for you all. We can chat do movies and games I am opened to suggestions. The Lunch/Dinner will be on me.

I know some of you are in the East Bay and maybe carpool might be a good idea. The last time I think Jes and Riley carpooled with Candra.

Thanks,

Reggia

Hi Everybody -

So I did get a fill but it was a teeter-totter. He was reluctant because, get this, my hiatal hernia was so large that he doesn't like to give fills early on when that happens. I have 5cc's now.

I love Doc Who... In a lot of ways he's like Liz - straight forward, tell it like it is but not in any type of rude way. I've been F'n up and he told me so - but wasn't rude at all - told me to eat faster and not chew so much. Told me I had unreal expectations of the band. Scolded me about the midnight snacking but also said that he understands the roll stress plays in it all and these are hard times BUT I need to figure it out and learn to handle it! He said that at my weight I should never be hungery with only 1/2c food 3x per day. That it's all in my head LOL..

He is NOT pleased with my incisions/scars - my port incision is STILL bruised and the other ones are still red. He thinks I had/have some sort of allergic reaction but also said that they will eventually fade away and won't be noticeable at all. I just thought of something... I should have told him I have been told that I have Thalassemia - hence all the bruising in the first place - Oops! I go back in 3 months and need to be down 10lbs to get a fill. He did say the weight loss slows down as you get smaller so he does understand things but isn't going to settle for anything less than I am capable of.

Heather, I seriously contemplated getting on him for you but then decided it was best if I didn't get in your business without your permission LOL

Pat - I didn't get the pills either - Doc Who said that there is no proof in any study that says they work so he left it up to me - I didn't take em and I didn't have ANY nausia so I just simply think it's up to the idividual and how their body responds - Case & Point.... Tamra did take em and still got real nauseated.

Tina - I say count the trip around the apartment complex as exercise! They say cleaning your house is exercise too so why not - Thinking of getting the ShakeWeight. If nothing else, it keeps my body doing some type of movement and it's only 19.99.

Is it just me or does anybody else have a hard time getting motivated to work out in this weather? My brother is building his Harley in the garage so my treadmill is put up - no room for it right now - besides, it's freezing in the garage.

My internet & home phone are down - it always happens when it rains - AT&T said we have "old" wiring hubs and that they could replace it but we'd have to pay for it - REALLY?? Not wiring in our house cuz my husband, the electrician, replaced it all - it's THEIR wiring at THEIR hubs where the wire is brought to our house HMMMM??

This is the very first time ever, with the exception of my 3am check ins that I've been the ONLY one on here.

I'm here Candra! Glad you got the fill.

Go Candra! I'm glad you got your fill! Somehow I don't think anyone else talking to the doc for me would help, He'd probably make me lose an extra 10 lbs!

I had another weight check today, I'm still up. I've been trying much harder recently and I saw the scale go down for a few days and now I'm back up! Of course, I didn't have the best lunch (I had a regular, full carb tortilla) I think it's because I was having an "oh well, it's not going to make a difference" moment. oh boy, I've still got a lot of work to do.

I can't wait to see you all on Saturday, I really need this.