Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My reward

Ok here I am at 42 and got the top part of my ear pierced. Can you believe it?

For someone who is really scared of needles and I go subject myself to more pain. Anyway that is my reward to me for getting this far. This Sat July 16th is going to be my one year band anniversay and besides the ear I want a tattoo right above my ankle. That I really have to think about because I want it to be something special for my new lease on living.. Any Suggestions from my Band family will be most welcome.. But remember don't want to pass out so lets keep it small. Cannot wait to Celebrate this weekend I am so happy that I have finally come full circle and I could not have gotten here without my band.. Just Love it:)

You could get a tatoo of the band that goes aroun your ankle! yeah, that's it.

on a more serious note... What do you feel best symbolizes your journey. Are you looking at something architypal or something personal? A road? A butterfly, a flower in bloom, a frog, or perhaps a reflection in a mirror? Perhaps a tribal pattern that encorporates something meaningful, or something abstract. A tatoo is a permanent thing, or at least, they are designed to be permanent.

The important thing is to go with something meaningful for you.

When I lost 50lbs once before my reward for myself was a tattoo. I have a thing for dragons so it would have been weird for me to pick anything else.

You can see my tattoo here.

It took about 3 hours to do, and a couple of visits with my artist to get it drawn up on paper how I liked it.

I really want something on my lower back when I get to goal.

Melissa

ok Mary, we need pics of that new earring!!!!

And Im not into tattoo's, but I do agree with Vines, that it should be meaningful!

And of coarse we are going to want a picure of that too when you get it :)

BTW - how much have you lost so far?

Good for you on the earring! Get a pretty diamond stud in there...good for you!

Now, the tatoo, I dunno. I'd be willing to do something very small like a butterfly but I don't want it so much that I would actually DO IT! More power to ya!

Yep, pics please!!!!!!

OK here is my new Piercing. When it heals I will change the temp earring and put something else there..

Ok can someone please make it smaller.. My head is to big

Uh, it's sideways! LOL! I like that! Did it hurt like crapola? Did they do it with a regular piercing gun at a regular piercing place?

Yep it is sideways.. I crack my self up, Cannot even look to see what I posted..

Anyway yes they used the regular gun and no it did not hurt at all just felt pressure.

I got it done at the mall.

hmmm, usually when they peirce the cartilage they need to use a special coring needle. I have a cartilage piercing and it's always given me grief. My pierced neice, as well as other peirced people suggest the coring needle.

I had mine pierced with my 13 year old as a bonding experience right after she turned 13. Since you got it done with a regular gun just remember to stick to REGULAR earrings. I like an idiot wanted to wear piercing studs...and no one told me before hand that the guage they pierce with a gun is much smaller that piercing gauges. Cartlidge does NOT STRETCH...so don't try. I had to let mine grow up because it stayed swore (mostly because I kept trying to put the piercing gauge studs in (even the smallest 16 guage was tight) and most of the bars I liked were like 18 guage. Anyway I still have a small "knot" on my upper ear many many months later. Now my daughter she just wears a regular earring in hers and it has healed FINE and she has NO promblems with it. I am planning at some point to get it done again, but this time will go to a tattoo/piercing place and have it done with the coring needle. Its a bit more painful sounding, but the only way to go if you want wear the bars.

Oh and if you don't frail with it...:), unlike I did mine, it heals up in no time. Before I messed with it, mine only hurt very briefly when they did it, and then for a few weeks when i forgot and tried to sleep on it.

Melissa

yeah Mary! You got the pic up!

who cars if its sideways - we still see the earring.

Looks good!

and I love your big hoops.

oh! a garnet stud would look really pretty espeically with your brown hair! It should pull out the red from your hair!

ohhh

Wow Vines did not know you had the Piercing too. I first went to the tattoo place and looked at what the guy could do for me.. Tell you I almost passed out from the explination and looking at his ear. So he said I would do better at Walmart but I picked the mall instead. I just want a smaller hoop. The gal who did it had a cute little one so that is what I will go with unless I see something else.. She did mention Melissa if there is nothing in there the hole will close immidialty..

Thanks Girls for enjoying it with me..