Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've been approved!!!!!!!!!

Highmark BCBS just called and I have been approved!!!!!:banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana I called the doc's office and my date is July 28th!!!! I am so glad that I didn't give up and just pay, it is going to be covered 100%. ~Mandy

Hi Mandy,

First congratulations!!!

I am curious to know what state you are in and also if you have Highmark BCBS PPO or HMO?

I had to change from Cigna HMO to Highmark BCBS PPO in January. Cigna paid for my band and re-band due to leak... but I have been weary to call Highmark BCBS about my aftercare. The doctor has been submitting bills and so far I haven't had to pay anything... but I think the doctor may be discounting me the difference between what the insurance pays for office visits and fills, etc. I did have an upper GI at the hospital and they paid that 100%.

Thanks and good luck with your band journey.

I have Highmark BCBS PPO I am in Illinois, but they are PA. My husband works for the railroad and our insurance is through the Union. Until now it was not covered, I am the very first person to be covered by Highmark, at least that is what they told me today. They are rewriting the company policy in the next 2 weeks to at least review the band proceedure as opposed to just listing it as experimental. I really had to fight to get this covered, I was denied 3 times and we were preparing for an independant review when they called to say I had been approved. I hope that this makes it easier for the next person. ~Mandy

Congratulations Mandy - how long did it take you to finally get approved? The reason I'm asking is that I'm in Illinois too with BCBS PPO - but my card doesn't reflect Highmark. Just BCBS PPO Of IL. My paperwork was just sent off on Monday this week and I was hoping for a July 27th surgery date, but I'm afraid it won't be processed in time.

I live in Illinois, but don't have BCBS of Illinois. They do cover it though, I am told that they are pretty good about covering weight loss surgery overall, including the band. That is what Inamed told me. I have Highmark of PA and they are real stinkers about the band, it took 3 months to get it covered, and that was calling everyday and getting my husbands union involved. ~Mandy

Thanks for the info Mandy. I am in CA, but have Highmark in PA due to my employer's corporate offices being in that state. I am glad that you were able to turn them around. I believe it will give others amunition and perhaps help me with some continued funding of my aftercare.

Good going!!! I am happy for you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches