Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i had double knee surgery last year,now im getting the lap band to g help my new knees,good luck

Nazzy,

Double knee surgery. Whooo - that would have been hard. When is your lap banding op scheduled for or don't you have a date yet? You won't regret the lap banding. I am so glad I made the decision to have it - best thing I ever did.:smile2::wub:

hey rosey its oct20th i cant wait.my birthdays the 13th a great present.how much have u lost so far?yes knee double was so hard being overweight then and now.i walked tho at 2 weeks with no walker ,which shocked them

hey rosey its oct20th i cant wait.my birthdays the 13th a great present.how much have u lost so far?yes knee double was so hard being overweight then and now.i walked tho at 2 weeks with no walker ,which shocked them

nazzy,

happy birthday for the 13th!!!!! And a week later your op. It's all happening for you. I've lost 24 pounds (11 kilos) and it has been much easier than any diet I ever did before. I can honestly say I've never been hungry since the op.

Hi all, Got my surgery 9/27/08. The first 7 days lost 14 lbs easy. No problem to that. The next 5 weeks only 3 lbs.. Total 17 lbs. in 6 weeks. I really thought that was so slow. The Dr. said everyone is different. My first fill yesterday. It went okay. Today I weighed myself lost another 3 lbs. Hope that stays off. I go up and down give or take two lbs. Well after the fill no problem drinking liquids but as for eating eat very slowly chew, chew, chew even banana chewed got stuck. But I'm doing fine and I do not regret doing the band. I wish I knew about it sooner I would have done it years ago. I do eat Protein all sort of meats, eggs etc. and veggies no rice sometimes mash potato very little and sometimes very little poi watered down. The hardest thing for me is not drinking Water with meals. I did get scolding from the Dr. to stop the sipping during the meal. For reason of you don't feel the fullness the liquid wash it down. Maybe this month I can lose more.I'm anxious about this. Let you know soon enough how the next month go. Aloha!:smile2:

Hello,

I was banded on October 8th and had to stay overnight for my sleep apnea. My question is I am still sore my belly kills me especially at night when I lay down. In the hospital I was mainly on my back but I am a stomach and side sleeper. How long will this continue because I would like to get out and walk around a little. I also have not been able to tolerate to much liquids. I was eating some chicken broth and after about 8 tablespoons I felt a little nauseated is this normal?:)

Hi all, Got my surgery 9/27/08. The first 7 days lost 14 lbs easy. No problem to that. The next 5 weeks only 3 lbs.. Total 17 lbs. in 6 weeks. I really thought that was so slow. The Dr. said everyone is different. My first fill yesterday. It went okay. Today I weighed myself lost another 3 lbs.....

Hi Jeannierk,

It sounds like you are doing fine. I also had similar figures to yours - with the first seven days the weight just fell off, then the next few weeks hardly any loss, then with the first fill quick weight loss, then nothing then up and down. So far our journeys sound exactly the same. The main thing is the weight will stay off for good this time so I am happy to take it slowly now. I have a second fill in a few weeks so will have to make sure I lose a bit before then to keep the surgeon happy!!:thumbup:

Hello,

I was banded on October 8th and had to stay overnight for my sleep apnea. My question is I am still sore my belly kills me especially at night when I lay down. In the hospital I was mainly on my back but I am a stomach and side sleeper. How long will this continue because I would like to get out and walk around a little. I also have not been able to tolerate to much liquids. I was eating some chicken broth and after about 8 tablespoons I felt a little nauseated is this normal?:thumbup:

Hi eswearen,

Hope you're doing well. Yes you've only been done a few days so you will still be sore until it all heals. I don't know if you should be sleeping on your tummy as that's where all the cuts were. It would be very sore doing it that way but I know it would be hard to sleep any other way if that's what you're used to.

I began walking for exercise two and a half weeks after the op but by then I felt fine. Started out at 30 minute walks and now am doing hour walks - but I've always been a good walker.

Hey about the chicken broth - yuck - I'd feel nauseated too lol. How long do you have to do liquids for. Have you got a good variety of things for the liquid stage. :smile2:

Well weeks 1 & 2 I can start with full liquids 100% juice, yogurt, cottage cheese and still continue my Protein Drinks. So so tired of Protein drinks I have tried just about everything and I cannot wait to get away from Protein Drinks. After week 2 I can start soft diet any thing that can be broken with a fork. My dietician informed me to purchase 2 oz food containers and this is what I should eat from to get my brain adjusted to portion size. So, I have done that. I am just hoping that things get better for me soon. Thanks so much for the quick response.:thumbup:Gina

Hi, Yes I am ok I have had stuff on with uni and moving house. I am havving better days especially since my fill not hungry as much. I am on meds for my depression and have been for sometime, the help but still have my low days. I hope you are all well and appreciate all your support and congrads on finding banded buddies.

In Search Of the skinny me

Hi, I am a newbie. I was banded October 16th and have been doing well. Since the 2 weeks before on liquids till today, I've lost 18 pounds. I can not believe this. Despite the little pain, I feel wonderful. I have more energy and feel light on my feet. I feel, those of you who are having a tough time, these problems will diminish especially when you really start seeing results, the good feelings start outweighing the bad. It's a pleasure to be able to talk with people who share the same gift. I really appreciate the learning experience and all the helpful info.

Does anyone have discomfort with the port mine is less painful and more annoying. It is like it cramps up or something (LOL). Has any one had a problem with this it would be interesting to find out if anyone has had similar deals.