Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

To those of you banded earlier this month...

I am curious to know how you dealt with your healing incisions. My incisions are itching so badly. I am one of those people that can't leave a mosquito bite alone, so I am really struggling to not mess with these.:thumbup: Did you find anything that helped with the itchiness?

At my two-week appt, the doctor said I could use Vitamin E or Aloe Vera on my incisions for itchiness and to help them heal. Mine weren't itchy, but I have a great Vit E and Aloe Lotion that I used because the incisions were feeling a little dry. I use it twice a day.

ohhhh slim !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhh the itchy is the incisions healing. ..but I am right there with you. I am so itchy... it is driving me nuts... really crazy... hopefully it will be over soon.

I will try the aloe vera too.

curves

After my steristrips were long gone I started unsing Aquaphor on mine...it keeps them moist enough to stop the itchies, but it's Water soluble so it doesn't make them greasy or keep them from "breathing".

This is so funny because I had glue on my incisions. It was driving me crazy. First because I am a little furry on my tummy and the edges were lifting. As they lifted they were taking the along the fur. If I had known I would have waxed my tummy first :lost1lbs:

Seriously, I picked the glue off. It was driving me crazy. Also, I told them I am alergic to plastic tape. I had an experience a year ago where it literally took my skin off. My hubby said I looked like I had radiation burns. So what do I see after my surgery, TAPE MARKS. :rolleyes: And yes they itched. The skin actually felt like it had been scalded. Good Grief :myscared: To me it looks like they taped my tummy hang, or "hang" as I call it, or something, who knows. Did they not listen when I said I was alergic?????

So once I picked off most of the glue the incisions felt better but I discovered the cause of my irritation - little clear stitches!!! The edges are poking out. Now at least they can breathe.

So today I finally put some lotion on and it felt so good :crying: But I noticed my whole tummy itched, not just the edges. Must be the "hang" is getting pissed at loosing some of it's nutrients --- :huggie: It doesn't want to give up easily. I guess we are in for a fight, me against the "hang". :huggie:

Anyway, I fit into smaller jeans, I just couldn't wear them because they irritated my port. But I walked around in them just to feel good!!!!!

So that is why I chucked when I read about itching. I am not alone. YEAH! :smile2:

So that is why I chucked when I read about itching. I am not alone. YEAH! :crying:

It does make me feel better knowing that I am not alone, too. Also, I think I am allergic too. My skin came off at the points where I was hooked up to the EKG machine for pre-op. I had one reaction to a bandaid that took off all of the skin underneath. That was painful.

It sounds like you are in for a fight with "hang". :smile2:

It does make me feel better knowing that I am not alone, too. Also, I think I am allergic too. My skin came off at the points where I was hooked up to the EKG machine for pre-op. I had one reaction to a bandaid that took off all of the skin underneath. That was painful.

It sounds like you are in for a fight with "hang". :myscared:

Yeah, the "hang" is going to be a tough fight, but I plan on going the long haul.

Funny about the EKG things too. I had that reaction under those too. I just didn't want to sound like a bigger baby than I already was. I use to have skin like Iron. I never had reactions, now, before I use creams I have to scratch myself and do my own little scatch test. I once used yeast cream under my hang and ended up with blisters and raw skin. It had kept itching and burning so each time I applied I applied to more skin. I had wanted to avoid the Dr because of intense embarrasment, but ended up having to go. What a mess.:rolleyes: But I didn't get chewed out for gaining weight that time, I call those pitty visits. You are so messed up the Dr feels sorry for you.

I can't wait until I can sing - "I fought the hang, but I won!" Okay, a little hokie, but this is coming from a person who is going to have turkey flap arms and with my flaps I should be able to fly!!!:lost1lbs: My hubby was afraid I would change after the band. I told him, it will still be me, the fat will be gone, but the skin will remain. God Bless him, he is staying for the long haul......... And thank god he loves my warped sense of humor. :crying:

Seriously, he hugged me the other night and told me that he could really tell that I was loosing a lot of weight. He told me how proud he was of my progress. It was a very tender moment, he was afraid something would go wrong and I would die so he was very worried about surgery. It was nice. :smile2: Debbie

I use to have skin like Iron. I never had reactions, now, before I use creams I have to scratch myself and do my own little scatch test. I once used yeast cream under my hang and ended up with blisters and raw skin. It had kept itching and burning so each time I applied I applied to more skin. I had wanted to avoid the Dr because of intense embarrasment, but ended up having to go. What a mess.:crying: But I didn't get chewed out for gaining weight that time, I call those pitty visits. You are so messed up the Dr feels sorry for you.

That is so me. I shaved "down there" once, and it got irritated. Then I got infection in the hair follicles (I didn't even know hair follicles could GET infected). I was putting this yeast cream that my doctor gave me for it for months. It just kept getting worse and worse. I thought I just wasn't putting enough on there. Come to find out, the more I put, the more it was burning my skin (just like yours). I finally had to be put on an oral medication for over a month just to clear up my skin because I kept avoiding the doctor (again like you). She asked me why I waiting so long to come back and tell her it wasn't working. I just gave her my "you know I am stupid" look. She just laughed and wrote the new prescription.

Edited by *slim*

That is so me. I shaved "down there" once, and it got irritated. Then I got infection in the hair follicles (I didn't even know hair follicles could GET infected). I was putting this yeast cream that my doctor gave me for it for months. It just kept getting worse and worse. I thought I just wasn't putting enough on there. Come to find out, the more I put, the more it was burning my skin (just like yours). I finally had to be put on an oral medication for over a month just to clear up my skin because I kept avoiding the doctor (again like you). She asked me why I waiting so long to come back and tell her it wasn't working. I just gave her my "you know I am stupid" look. She just laughed and wrote the new prescription.

More than anything - I love this site. It is so nice to laugh and cry with those who understand and have been there. We all have so much in common. No wonder we all connected so quickly. Thank you

I AM NOT ALONE!!!! :crying: WOO HOO

More than anything - I love this site. It is so nice to laugh and cry with those who understand and have been there. We all have so much in common. No wonder we all connected so quickly. Thank you

I AM NOT ALONE!!!! :crying: WOO HOO

We are obviously the east and west coast versions of the same person.:smile2:

We are obviously the east and west coast versions of the same person.:)

Maybe we were seperated at birth? :tongue2:

So Slim, how are you doing with everything? Debbie

Maybe we were seperated at birth? :tongue2:

So Slim, how are you doing with everything? Debbie

I'm doing pretty good. I actually slept in my bed last night without it hurting! woohoo!

How are you doing? Are you doing better?

I'm doing pretty good. I actually slept in my bed last night without it hurting! woohoo!

How are you doing? Are you doing better?

My port is still sore, but I am learning to "not" bug it. Bending at the waist irritates it, so I try to do things that don't piss it off.

Full liquids are getting old, but I go in for my fist fill Thursday and then I get mushies.

And you?? Deb

I won't get to get a fill until October 23. I do get to start mushies Thursday and I am so glad because I am starving. I wish that I could get my fill before I start them so that I don't over do it. I hope you do well with your fill.