Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just finished a week of clear liquids.. whew. I get to have creamy Soup today (almost woke up at midnight to have some.... just kidding) When you have a creamy soup, do you strain it or put it in the blender??? Becky

Thanks Curves. What kind of Soups did you have?? Canned?? What brands?? Homemade?? Any tips on really yummy ones?? I LOVE Soup - even eat it in the hot summer. Thanks again for your help. Becky

Thanks Slim. That makes sense. I will blend AND strain. Good luck with your Clear Liquids stage. It wasn't easy for me, but it wasn't TOO bad. I ate/drank nothing but the liquids I was supposed to have. Keep smiling and drinking!!! Becky

Blend! You need to be able to get whatever through a straw!

One I found wonderful was blended (I have a little food processor) split pea with ham. WOW that tasted like food!

I didn't strain...but everything I had would through a straw. I did food process things though, not just "blend" them

I thought you were not supposed to use a straw as that increases the air and causes bloating? Have you been able to use a straw without increased side effects?

I'm so sorry! I have a cold and my brain is lying on a beach somewhere far far away! LOL

The "full liquids" need to be of a consistency that will FIT through a straw, but no, you are right, you do NOT use a straw to drink or consume them! Just use that as a visual aid to make sure what you are having is thin and "clump free"!

Thanks for asking about that! :thumbup:

And if you see my brain running around loose somewhere, would you tell it to come home? Thanks! :frown:

I thought you were not supposed to use a straw as that increases the air and causes bloating? Have you been able to use a straw without increased side effects?

You are correct, straws are not supposed to be used at all.

Hey Becky!

I started on the Soup stage 2 days ago and I have now moved into mushies! I had homemade potato and added a little cheese not much just enough for the added taste and Protein. I also had some Campbells Tomato.

I just can't eat a whole lot other wise I hurt. I can eat maybe a bite or 2.

Becky

Hi Becky. How are you feeling?? Good to see you up and about!! How long were you on the clear liquid stage and the Soup stage??? You are already getting mushies. WOW. I have to eat Soups for a whole week... but... I'm not complaining..... chicken brothed out!!!! I hope you are feeling and healing well. Becky

I am beginning to think my surgeon is the strictest in the world!! First, there was the 2 week liquid only pre-op diet. Now post-op I have to stay on only clear liquids for 2 weeks. I don't get to the next phase (creamy Soups strained or blended) until then. And I am very hungry at this point (5 days post-op) and feel weak because of it. I haven't had solid food since Sept. 7th.

I was on clear liquids for the first 2 days, full liquids from the 24 up until today. Today I can have mushies. That is until 2 weeks after surgery and then it is normal food. I guess I am very lucky. He doesn't believe that we can start healing until we really starting getting food in out bodies. I have to make sure I am getting 60g of Protein everyday. I still can't stomach the shakes so I am eating a little bit every 3-4 hours.

I hope things are getting better for you!

Becky

Hi Cleo's Mom. I was on the pre-op diet for 4 weeks. It was supposed to be 3, but I got stuck in a hurricane in Houston when I went down for my surgery. Then I had a week of clear liquids post-op. I am now on Soups for a week, then mushies for a week and then week 4, I move to solids. It does seem like you are going to be without food for too long. 5 weeks of liquids (that's really what Soup is too) .... YIKES!! You are going to float away. I don't have any advice for you - I wish I did. I can see why you would be hungry and weak. Are you friendly with anyone at your surgeon's office?? Are you comfortable calling and telling them you are feeling weak?? And it is hard when you read a post from someone who had their surgery at the same time you did and they are already eating food. Sometimes I read posts, and I say "Wish that was my doctor"... and sometimes I read posts and say "Glad I have my doctor." I would call - they may tell you to keep drinking - but you never know. Good luck to you. Soon we will be eating "real" food. Becky