Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sexism Rules!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Guest Leslie2Lose

It seems I'm window dressing. I really should be offended. I really should, but I'm not.

We just had clients (man & wife) leave from meeting with one of my brokers (I work in finance - and my broker's are my guys - love my guys). Anyway, they get done with the meeting and are leaving. I smile and tell them to have a nice day.

The gentleman smiles and turns around to my broker and says, "She dresses the place up, doesn't she?". I should be pissed, such a sexist statement. Sexism rules! I haven't had a compliment like that in so long I'm on cloud nine! Six months ago I wouldn't have gotten a second look.

I've been looking for motivation and damn if that wasn't a good start. Oh, and if I were the wife - the husband would have gotten smacked up side the head and would be in the D-O-G house.

It seems I'm window dressing. I really should be offended. I really should, but I'm not.

We just had clients (man & wife) leave from meeting with one of my brokers (I work in finance - and my broker's are my guys - love my guys). Anyway, they get done with the meeting and are leaving. I smile and tell them to have a nice day.

The gentleman smiles and turns around to my broker and says, "She dresses the place up, doesn't she?". I should be pissed, such a sexist statement. Sexism rules! I haven't had a compliment like that in so long I'm on cloud nine! Six months ago I wouldn't have gotten a second look.

I've been looking for motivation and damn if that wasn't a good start. Oh, and if I were the wife - the husband would have gotten smacked up side the head and would be in the D-O-G house.

Hey Leslie, just because nobody asked my thoughts, here they are!! I don't really see this comment as sexist. It sounds to me like the dude was just throwing out a compliment. Enjoy (like...uh...you apparently are). A sexist comment (IMO) would have been something like "Hey there darlin', can you fetch me some coffee whilst the boys and I do some bidness?"

Would you really have been pissed at the hub if he had made some innoculous compliment to somebody in the course of doing business? Because I just don't see anything untoward or offensive here. Maybe it's a man V. woman thing??

I think it is Man V Woman!

I agree with Leslie!! However, it is nice once and awhile to have someone acknowledge you! Take it all in and Enjoy it Girl!!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Hey Leslie, just because nobody asked my thoughts, here they are!! I don't really see this comment as sexist. It sounds to me like the dude was just throwing out a compliment. Enjoy (like...uh...you apparently are). A sexist comment (IMO) would have been something like "Hey there darlin', can you fetch me some coffee whilst the boys and I do some bidness?"

Would you really have been pissed at the hub if he had made some innoculous compliment to somebody in the course of doing business? Because I just don't see anything untoward or offensive here. Maybe it's a man V. woman thing??

Oh Plain, Plain, Plain...lol...here's how this woman's brain works. Man says comment to another man, clearly knowing a woman can hear it, (in that elbow them in the ribs sly way men do) - Sexist...not that I minded a bit. That was a good run-on sentence! He wasn't talking to me, but about me. It was pretty cool though.

And yes, I did enjoy it :-)....hey and I get coffee all the time. Hmmmm? Something to think about? Now if my broker guys ask me - I tell them they know where the kitchen is. If it is a client - it is just good service.

Hmmmm.....if you say so.....I'm more inclined to agree with Carrie. I think it would have been sexist if he were implying that the only reason you were employed there was to "brighten the place up".

All this is too much for my feeble male mind to process. I can't make the subtle distinctions...maybe that's why I have had 37 cases of sexual harrassment filed against me....but honestly, what's so sexist about "Fetch me a TV dinner, Be-yotch" ?!?

I can't make the subtle distinctions...maybe that's why I have had 37 cases of sexual harrassment filed against me....but honestly, what's so sexist about "Fetch me a TV dinner, Be-yotch" ?!?

ROFLMAO!:smile: I am so glad that I wasn't drinking anything. It would have come right out of my nose! :confused:

Guest Leslie2Lose

LOL Plain - TV Dinner!? My DH would have asked for a seven course meal - which my response would be, "See the ham (sandwich meat) and bread - make it yourself." Enjoy! My poor deprived husband. He definately didn't marry Suzie Homemaker.

My DH would have asked for a seven course meal - which my response would be, "See the ham (sandwich meat) and bread - make it yourself."

Perhaps a better response: See that cow/pig/caribou? You kill, me cook.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Perhaps a better response: See that cow/pig/caribou? You kill, me cook.

LOL - in our neck of the woods; cow, duck, deer. Caribou? DH wouldn't even know one if he was sitting on it - LMAO!!!!:crying:...I'm afraid we'd become vegetarians....See that carrot, potato, peanut - you dig up, me cook. (beating my chest and pointing towards the field).

Oh my! You guys are funny!

Leslie girl, I say revel in it! It was a sweet compliment and you should enjoy it!

~Carol

Guest Leslie2Lose

I am Carol - it really did make my day. I'm really going to get a big head if I revel too much! LOL

I am Carol - it really did make my day. I'm really going to get a big head if I revel too much! LOL

Big head, little body... that is such a funny visual!:bored: Enjoy the attention! I hope to get to that point one day!:smile2: