Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My final push

I'm doing a count down like several others - I have two goals I'm pushing toward, the first is my healthy BMI goal, and my Doctors goal for me - 155. I'm currently at 171 and 16 lbs to go for that goal.

After hitting the 155, I will push for my goal of 145.

It has been 20 years since I was in the 170's. Of all the diets I have been on, I never thought or never did, get this close to goal. The fact to be just 16 lbs away from being NORMAL, is just amazing to me, its almost unbelievable.

I am wearing a 10/12 now. I used to wear an 18/20. I went shopping this weekend and bought a size 10 jeans - and it felt so great to walk out of the store with them - even though they were $80! I wanted to shout at everyone at the mall, "hey these are a freaken size 10 people"!!!!

Anyhow, I don't want to stop now, I don't want to think this is it, I want to complete this race, I want to finish it to the end.

So my countdown to goal, 16 lbs!:embaressed_smile:

Okay, if I am going to get to my goal, I have to start exercising! I set my alarm last night and laid out my clothes and I did it!

I was up at 5 am and at the gym by 5:30. I was tired and only did 31 min on the elliptical, however - that little amount of time burned 310 calories.

I am going to try, let me rephrase that, I am going to continue to get up and hit the gym. I want to see the 160's by the end of the week!

I ended up going back to the gym last night and doing some circuit training while working my upper body - I made sure I got in bed early last night.

So the alarm goes off and I wanted to sleep so badly, but I heard a voice in my head saying "160's, 160's - remember your goal", so I got up and hit the gym again today at 5:00 am. This makes 2 days in a row that I've done it. Now I have to keep doing it. I want to loose my 16 lbs!

Well I am going to the gym for the first time since my sugery tomorrow morning! I'm not excited, lol, but I know it's what I gotta do. Good luck with your goal!

When I first had my surgery in 2007, I was working out 6 days a week, that is where I lost the most of my weight. I did the BFL challenge, its a 12 week challenge and I did pretty good. I couldn't wait to get the gym every day.

At first I hated it, but I read, or heard someone say "Fake it until you make it". So I did, I just went and would only do 10 min on the treadmill, I did this for a while, but something inside me just clicked, and all of a sudden I was into it. So I do believe, Fake it until you make it, it does work, or at least it did for me.

In August of 2007 I fell while on vacation, and had to have major knee surgery, that put an end to exercise for awhile. I still can't do a lot of stuff I used to do, like leg lunges and can't put a lot of weight on my knees. The elliptical seems to be the friendliest to my knee.

Once I got out of the habit back in August, it has been a real struggle for me to get back into it. I work on it daily, but I know it is the best for me and I do lose when I exercise. Plus, I just feel better!

oh, by the way, I noticed you were banded 8/25 - thats my bday!

I havent' updated in awhile, but I'm happy to say I am 12 lbs from being at a healthy weight! WOW 12 lbs, can I say that out loud? I still can't believe it! Me, Healthy? And no longer overweight. That is just unbelievable.

So, countdown is on, 12 lbs to be healthy, and 22 lbs to my overall goal. Life is soo good these days.

Just to update - I'm still 12 pounds away. arggggg - This is so hard, but I will do it. It's jut going to take some time to get to goal.

I did make it to the gym last night, I know that I need to be more consistant with the exercise and until then, I won't get to goal. The only way to get to goal is to get to the gym!

Even though the scales have not moved, I am smaller for some reason. I bought my first pair of size 8 pants the other day. Yes, a size 8! I haven't worn a size 8 since - well, I can't even remember a size 8. I'm sure they are made big, because every other pair of pants I try on I have to take a 10. Well, I really didn't care for the pants that much, but since they were a size 8 I had to buy them. I just had to.

Anyhow, will post later, but I am still working hard to get to my healthy weight of 155.

It sounds like you are on the right track and will lose the final 12 before too long. Congrats on getting so close . . . the last few pounds are like a marathon, you have to work like a madwoman for them to fall off.

I agree completely with the fake it until you make it. I have such a hard time dragging myself into the gym, but once I am there, I can't help but get a good workout. You just kind of get "in the zone" even if you say I'll only go for 10 minutes.