Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Toilet Paper and Restrooms

Guest Leslie2Lose

Guest Leslie2Lose

This is completely off topic, but t's me off daily! DAILY!!!!

I hate our bathrooms at work. Hate! Hate! Hate!

You go in there and do your business. You then proceed to use the tiolet paper - it will not roll. It doesn't matter that it feels like sand-paper. I'd be better off using a Sear & Robucks Catalog. Oh, I know - Cornhusks!! So you claw your fingernails into it, trying to turn it, and it shreds to the floor. You look down and see a small pile started - obviously some one else has the same issue and decided to leav it on the floor. It looks like a rat is getting ready to build a nest!

It takes at least ten minutes to get the jiblets off for you to wipe. Then it falls apart. There's nothing like using the bathroom, trying to wipe - BAM! I have to wash my hands ten time and still use the hand sanitizer at my desk. It is so gross!

Cheap, Cheap, Cheap! They order toilet paper too big for the dispensers....OMG how hard would it be to order some that actually fits. I know - put some extra rolls in there. I'm going to have to bring some from home and put a stash in my desk. I'll have to lock it too, bunch of thieves...they hear I have working tiolet paper and I'll be mobbed. A girl has gotta have good toilet paper!

Hey...Do you work where I work?

:thumbup: I've actually brought in my own, or carried baby-wipes. I think I got a papercut once from it. Ouch.

Hey...Do you work where I work?

:thumbup: I've actually brought in my own, or carried baby-wipes. I think I got a papercut once from it. Ouch.

A papercut?!? LMAO......now that's some poor quality TP.

Ha! I know that toilet paper very well. I've actually made a mission to try and figure it out... there had to be a process I didn't know...right?:thumbup:

While I'm sitting on the toilet I'd try to figure it out... now it appears that the proper installation of the roll is essential as well... unfortunately, it is against the rules of etiquette of paper over the top... and sometimes it helps to push the roll up a bit... and how much paper do they save really? CZ we're going to use twice as much. I've done that... the fingernail gouge thing... and ripped several layers off... that'll show them! ;)

Sadly, the phenomenon is widespread...fingernail gouged rolls of TP are everywhere! The manufacturer's leading competitor is the company that produces the teeny little individual folded rectangles of TP that spew forth from the holder in the hundreds rather than a sensible number. The excess are then either thrown in the toilet (causing it to plug), or are precariously balanced on the top of the dispenser only to hit the floor at the slightest movement...

Baby wipes (although not economically nor environmentally sound) do the trick.

Guest Leslie2Lose

I hate to say I'm glad I'm not alone on the tiolet thing there. It's nice to know my employer isn't the only cheapo on the planet. I'm a cottonelle gal myself. I will go cheap on everything but my butt. Now that ya'll have too much information - have a great Thursday!

I like Charmin...the blue package, though I'm not sure what the difference is between the blue one and red.

I just noticed at home that DH bought the last package and it's the 1/2 way cheap 1/2 way soft kind. It's doable, but nothing like my Charmin. :thumbup: And I got 12 more rolls to go through before I can get the good stuff.

The women's restroom at our work, no one uses the 'supplied' tp. I don't know who supplies it, but we have cases of real tp, like charmin or something.. and each stall has a supply. Maybe get with other women coworkers and do that?

I like Charmin...the blue package, though I'm not sure what the difference is between the blue one and red.

The difference is 1 and 2 ply paper. I like the blue also.!:lol:

Also Charmin makes a 'cleansing cloth' that is flushable. It's pretty cool actually. I got in case it would be difficult after surgery.:crying:

I like the wet clothes by cottonelle, but I recently discovered Platex makes them too, and they have a really nice smell.. so I swapped to that.

If you use Charmin and have plumbing problems...that's why. Charmin is so thick it doesn't dissolve like it should and sits in your pipes. When we used Charmin we had our plumbing back up twice. We switched to Angel soft and no problems since. I don't like using expensive toilet paper, but I also can't stand the cheapy shit they put in public bathrooms. Horrible horrible stuff. It is so brittle and breaks into tiny pieces, plus it doesn't absorb very well. But yeah I like Angel Soft because it's pretty cheap and it's really soft on the sensitive areas. :lovechoc:

Oi! This is so true! Work toilet paper is so CHEAP! And my ultimate pet peeve is when the cleaning folk come and leave the half-used rolls on top of the dispenser. Now my cleaning crew at work are great, they keep everything spic and span and I always tell them thank you - but that one thing just drives me NUTS! Why put a half-used roll on top? Just leave it in there and replace it when it eventually actually runs out. We have two rolls in the dispenser and the backup roll never gets used, it's totally pointless.

Even funnier - my parents use totally cheapo t.p. and I complain about it every time I am over there. I use twice or three times as much as I would if it were good t.p. so it's not even saving money!

Ah and now to go use some of the good stuff!! :)

Hey, at least you all get toilet paper. My job just cut the hours of the cleaning people. They only come once a week and they lock the doors to their supply closet. After two days, there is no more toilet paper (it doesn't even have 500 sheets).:lol: I guess they figure since there are mostly men where I work (no offense men) that there isn't a need for so much toilet paper. I have to keep wet wipes in a locker or ask one of my male coworkers to give me a roll from their bathroom. That sucks.

Guest Leslie2Lose

You've got to be kidding? OMG - Sorry :-(...I guess I shouldn't complain about the shredded toilet paper/i.e. sandpaper. You have my sympathies.