Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello, I started my milk diet today, and I am crying too.. I feel like my stomach is eating itself. LITERALLY!!! I have my surgery on the 24th of this month.

My milk diet consists of skim milk, 3 times a day, Water, and crystal light.. AND THATS IT!!! I dont know what your diet consists of, but I feel weak, like in the sense that I am wanting to eat something.. ESPECIALLY when I feed my kids.

I am starting 2 days early because I am going to my high school reunion next weekend, and in case I fall off the wagon you know.

I would be more than happy to be a support to you too.. private message me.

Elaine

Hi I am having mine on Sept. 30 and scared too. Where do you live? I am in NH. 45 years young. 272 lbs. Would love to chat

hello Skysmom!!! I am being banded on September 26 also! Congrats. Now, it is normal to be scared and trust me, I am a big baby who has never been in the hospital before so I am scared too. But, it will be okay and in the end, we will be glad that we did it. I do not have to go on a liquid, milk or pre-op diet. I am lucky in that respect. However, I have started trying to drink Slim-Fast in the morning and at supper to try to get used to just liquids, post-op. I am glad we are both being banded on the same date and look forward to seeing great results from us both!!!!!:thumbup:

Hi all! I just got my band 8/29. Anything I can tell you, any info I can give to help calm your fears a little? I've been through it twice...8/11 and again 8/29. I'll help if I can!

I dont mean to sound stupid but does everyone start a milk diet before the surgery??:thumbup:

I have never heard of a milk diet. A liquid diet yes but not milk. Maybe it is because it is supposed to be filling. I had broth, sf Jello and sf Jello pops and that was it. I was too excited about the surgery to be hungry. Yes, the first day I was starved and I also told my employees that beware, I might be crabby for the next five days but it was all for the better.

DO NOT BE SCARED..............................

Think of the results and everyone on this site to help you out. You will be fine, trust me.

Josephine

I have never heard of a "MILK" diet. I was banded on June 9th and my MD put me on a 10 day liquid pre-op diet in which I had 3 Protein Shakes daily along with a cup of cottage cheese and a cup of yogurt daily. This is supposed to shrink your liver so the doctor can get at your stomach to put the band in. Milk does have Protein in it and maybe that is why your MD has you doing it. For me the pre-op diet was the hardest part of the whole process -if you can make it thru that everything else will be easier. The surgery is actually a relatively safe and quick procedure. I have lost 55lbs since June so instead of getting scared get PUMPED-you are going to be skinny and feeling great:tongue:

Although I am a newbie myself . . . I was banded on 7/16/08 . . . I want to throw my 2 cents in the pot. The milk diet that everyone is referring to . . . was a liquid diet consisting of Protein Shakes made with milk. I was allowed one frozen "Healthy Choice Meal" a day in addition to my "milk diet" i.e. Protein shakes. I was allowed Water, Crystal Light and even diet soda prior surgery. I did not find this diet difficult because mentally I knew it was so I could have my band. I lost an incredible 19 lbs. in three weeks prior surgery. :thumbup:

The first two days were the hardest . . . I slept a lot and drank a lot of water inbetween the protein shakes . . . by day three . . . it was a cake walk. Just keep your eye on the goal . . . your surgery date. I waited close to a year and half to have this surgery :cool2: so needless to say, I was fired up when it came time to do the pre-surgery liquid or "milk" diet. Actually, I am more disappointed post surgery . . . as I have only lost 10 pounds since my surgery. A total of 29 lbs. yippeee but remember . . . 19 of those pounds were BEFORE surgery.

Hang in there and keep your eye on the goal . . . it gets easier after the first 2 or 3 days.:laugh:

Thank you so much for your support, in this post that I didnt even create.

I just need to talk to my doc and see if she will allow me to eat anything at all, and if I can have a lean cuisine, then great, if not, then thats life, and I will get pumped like the other post said.

Its just that feeling of my stomach pain is killing me.. but I know that by day 3 I will be fine, your right.