Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why Don't We Give A Little Update Where We're At

hey everybody...came home yesterday...i am doing fine...really sore after i sit or lay down , but as long as i am siting up straight or walking i feel fine...the gas has been flowing freely so my pains are easing up...:tt1:

i had a less than great hospital experience (comical)...my swallow test was scheduled at 4 and they were going to let me go home at 8 the 16th...well i was still too asleep to do it so the doc said i could stay all night. well he had marked off my dilauded pca and just had me on the liquid lortab...i kept asking why i was the only pt that couldn't have the good stuff, and they kept saying it was because i was supposed to go home...i kept saying but i am not going home...didn't sink in...i had a travel nurse that was in her 2nd day of orientation and a cna that didn't know how to weight me...my DH had to show her how to work the bed...he just read the directions on the side...more comical than upsetting...:mellow: so i really had a lot of pain the 1st day/night, but i am feeling good today. trying to walk every hour for 5-10 minutes while awake....

sipping on carnation instant Breakfast no sugar added, apple juice, Water, and pistachio pudding with the nuts strained out....

can yall tell me if that sounds ok, or do i need to change something on the walking or liquids?

knowing that yall were here to help me thru this made it so much easier on me mentally...i really appreciate you all so much...

yay!!! i am finally really a september samurai.......banded....:tongue_smilie:

So glad you are doing okay. I found that sugar free Popsicles were my favorite, they just melted and slip right down. You sound like you are doing great and trust me when I say, Each day will be easier than the day before. Just follow your Dr's instruction and sip sip sip, walk walk walk. Take care:thumbup: Huggs Debbie

Nayray~ I'm so glad to hear you have joined us on the other side... I found that during the first week I had to keep the big picture in my head. I struggled with the gas pain during my recovery. And, walking is the only thing that will get rid of it. I had a pocket of gas stuck in my upper back for almost a month. The more you can walk, the more the gas will move.

Well I wish you the best, and soon you will be putting on that pair of jeans that you haven't worn for years and the next thing you know they are even to big for you...It's the best feeling ever (at least for me it was) If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask. Just remember, there are no stupid questions...

Hi Everybody!! I got my band on September 19th and my first fill yesterday. I flew back to Houston... no hurricane this time. I left at 6:45 am and was back home by 3:30. I found out that my surgeon had put 2 cc in my band when he put it in. The nurse practioner took out 1.8cc and put that back in... then she added some, and had me walk over to the x-ray machine (with the needle still in there... ewwwww... but it didn't hurt). I drank the little cup of whatever it is - not bad - and watched it going down. It was pretty cool. She added a little bit more, I drank again, they watched it go down, and then I was done. I had the 1.8 and she added 1.3.... so now I have a total of 3.1 cc in there. I'm on liquids again for 2 days - not just clear, so that is good. I can have Soup. Then one day of soft foods/mushies and on day 4 I'm back to solids. I've lost 37 pounds - 16 on the pre-op diet and 21 since my surgery. My surgeon was very pleased with my weight loss - I am too. I feel GREAT!!!! Hope everyone is doing well and feeling good too. Becky

WTG Becky. Hey if you still have my email, can you email me? My pc crashed and I lost my address book with your address in it (email address). Wanted to email you the other day, to see how you're doing.

Glad you've had your first fill already. I feel like I'm the only one not having one yet. Am i?????

I'm doing ok. Boys costumes (made from scratch) are done... well the twins are made from scratch. Brandon has a store bought one- his choice. The twins are dinosaur and panda bear. They are adorable. Brandon says this is his last year trick or treating. I don't know. Time will tell.

What else... I weighed myself this morning. I've gotten in a not so wonderful habit of weighing each morning (most mornings), and found out I've been at 226 two days in a row. I've gone as low as 225, and average out to be 227 currently. How sweet. I have 27 pounds (I'm counting it that way anyway) to be in one-derland.

It's raining today, has me all achy. Tomorrow it'll be nice, and we'll go out to the "mall" for trick or treating, and activities of this such. I will get tons of walking done. And the twins will have mixed attitudes of it. Michael doesn't like the costumes. Matthew loves them. I dread the candy being here.

Teri

Hi September Samurai's-

Please help!

I am experiencing severe fatigue, slowed weight loss and have missed two periods.

I know, it sounds like I'm pregnant, but I am not. I checked twice.

Any advice? I am exhausted! I could sleep 12 hours a night and still need a nap. I am craving sugar and chocolate and I am not exercising.

Thanks in advance-

Tina

Tina, I started experiencing severe fatigue a few weeks ago. One night, I laid down in bed at 8pm, slept until midnight, woke up and got ready for bed, and slept until 8am. After three days and nights of feeling like I could sleep the day and night away, I added some extra Vitamins to my diet. I'll admit that I did this w/o checking w/ my doctor, but I am going to give him my list at my next appointment. I'm not recommending you take these, but I just wanted to let you know what worked for me, and if you think you might be Vitamin deficient, run this by your doctor first.

I feel 100% myself again, and it only took a couple of days of taking the additional vitamins before I noted a difference in my stamina.

I was taking a Walgreen's knockoff of Centrum High Potency A to Z chewable, and a Calcium supplement.

I added: liquid B12 (years ago, when I was on phentermine, my doctor gave a B12 shot every other week, and I was eating more then than I am now), a liquid Vitamin D, and a very small pill and dose of extra Iron 34% (my Multi-Vitamin has 100% iron).

Hi Tina,

First of all, it's great that you came to the board for help.

A couple of things come to mind. Even though you are taking Vitamins with Iron it may not be enough.

My dr. has me on vitamins with iron(but it's such a low dose) and also an iron supplement. So you might want to run that by him.

Also, with the missed periods and cravings- girlfriend I'm thinking perimenopause. I was in my late 30's when mine started. And I'm still going through it. Just more symptoms now that I am 44. lol But those sound just like my signs.

Hi September Samurai's-

Please help!

I am experiencing severe fatigue, slowed weight loss and have missed two periods.

I know, it sounds like I'm pregnant, but I am not. I checked twice.

Any advice? I am exhausted! I could sleep 12 hours a night and still need a nap. I am craving sugar and chocolate and I am not exercising.

Thanks in advance-

Tina

Tina, also, check with your Dr, he might want to check your Thyroid. Worth a look. Maybe you are anemic, but Thyroid can mess with your periods and make you tired.

Vitamins help too. But with the missed periods, check with your Dr. Take Care Debbie

Hi-

Thank you all for the helpful suggestions! I spoke with my surgeon yesterday. He wants to call it seasonal for now. I am scheduled to have 6 month post-op labs done in March. He said he would let me know if they find any problems. I think I might up my Vitamins. If it does not get better, I might ask them to move up the date on the labs.

As far as the missed periods, he wants me to talk to my OBGYN. It is funny how you would love to skip your period until you skip your period:scared2: I hope it is not peri-menopause. I still would like to have one more baby:wink:

Thanks again and I will keep you posted-

Tina

PS- We finally had a break in the weather and I was able to walk outside three days in a row and get some sun. It did help.

I'm glad it helped.

Teri