Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Three month Bandiversary

Hi Everyone,

Today is my three month bandiversary. I am 47 pounds lighter and many inches smaller. I was pushing for 50 lbs lost by today, but I am still happy with what I have lost so far. I had my weigh in at Curves yesterday. I had lost 12 pounds and 11 inches in the last month and 6% of my excess body fat. I was embarrassed and afraid to do the weigh in and inch measuring my first month at the gym, so I am sure there were more inches that came off the first month, but I'll never know how much! For the newbies, make sure you get those pre/ post op measurements!!

I have 1.75 CC presently in my band. I have never PB'ed and rarely have any difficulties eating what I want to eat for which I am grateful. THe only food which seems to give me any problem at all is chicken and I discovered that my problem lies in the fact that I eat chicken more quickly than I do denser meats, so that is why I have a little bit of discomfort when I eat it, so I have learned to slow down and CHEW, CHEW, CHEW!

I also have noticed that I have vastly different levels of restriction from day to day and I am much hungrier in the evenings than at any other time of the day, which I understand is not unusual. I am not 100% sure that I have found the elusive sweet spot that everyone talks about, but since I am losing about 2-3 pounds a week, I am not going to attempt more restriction at this stage.

My next mini goal is to lose another 30 lbs by Christmas. I am flying to NY to be with my family and I want to be able to sit in the airline seat without an extender and to be able to get the tray down ! I am hoping at my "projected weight" of 257 pounds and all those inches I have lost to be somewhat comfortable in the 17" wide seats on Delta! I have avoided flying for the last 2 1/2 years out of fear and embarrassment, but no more! I am liberated now!

Thank you everyone for the support you have given me over the last few months. People are now starting to see the difference. My face is skinnier,definitely the bubble butt is somewhat smaller and my thighs are starting to shrink. I now have 5 inches space from the steering wheel in my car instead of 1 inch of space to breathe.! I even fit in the booth instead of chair at most restaurants and I have gone down two clothing sizes and fit in 24's instead of 28's. Still won't buy new clothes yet, so if you see a girl running around in baggy clothes fallin off her butt, you will know it is me!

Woo hoo!!!!

Babs in TX

334/287/180

6/23/03

Hi Babs, Congrats on your weight loss sounds like your doing great.I totally understand what you mean by level of restriction varies I've had a problem all day I have been very restricted all day till now,I tried to eat this morning and again at noon and nothing would go down which scares me cause I had taken my diabetes medicine and I needed to get something in me.I come home from work now and I think I could get anything down I ate a small beef stick without any problem.I have 1.25 cc in band.Keep up the good work.

Wow - congratulations Babs, you are doing brilliant!!!!

I can't believe how much you've lost, and even if you'd lost half of that, you are such an inspiration with your great advice and general cheeriness!!

I'm thrilled for you - you so deserve all those milestones!

:banana :banana :banana :banana :banana

Thanks so much for sharing your milestones and goals with us! It truly is inspiring to see people having so much success. Be sure to keep us posted on the airline seats!! :)

Congratulations! It's very impressive that you have made so much progress so quickly. At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if you get to goal within a year. :)

Thanks Everyone!

Goal at a year would be fantastic.

Bright: When are you going to France? Isn't it this week?

I like the banana dance. You will have to show me how to do that...

babs in TX

334/286/180

yes it's tomorrow! So nervous! So can relate to your fitting on the plane seats fear Babs! I'm bringing vaseline in case I don't fit!!!:):D

Am really looking forward to meeting Sarah tomorrow too - actually Im leaving tomorrow night but the consult is actually on Friday - spent the week booking flights, hiring a car and Sarah booked us (husband coming too!) a hotel room - thought I was organised when horror of horrors, I couldn't find my passport!! Spent last night tearing the house apart trying to find it - turned up today neatly stored with all my flight info and my list of 10,000 "Questions to ask your prospective surgeon" ! AAArrrgghh! That'll tell you how stressed I am! Can u imagine what i'll be like before surgery!

Wish me luck!:mad:

Bright: Glad your husband is coming. That is a great sign of support. Where will the children be when you are away?DO you know how long from the consultation date the surgery could take place? Vaseline, thats funny!!!

Babs in TX

334/286/180

yeah he's a pet! He's reading up all the stuff i print off the internet - so supportive, he always has been - he never critisized my weight at all! My Dad is coming to collect my kids this evening - my family think we're just off on a trip to Paris - flights are so cheap to europe here that we often do - we'll be back on friday night, and on sat morning we'll drive down to collect the boys!

As i am self pay I am presuming i can pick the surgery date - I don't want anything too immediate anyway - I'm hoping for the end of october, when the kids are on their hallow'een break - we're all going to go to Paris then, and check out Eurodisney! Can't imagine disney without the florida sun tho!!!

Anyway - better go pack! flying tonight!!! Yay :)