Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I love my lap-band . . .

Hey all! Kinda quiet in this forum lately (yeah my bad too, I don't write much as much as I used to). :blush: I was just thinking today, how much I truly appreciate my lap-band. If it were not for it, SO many times this month (& last month) I would have gone on an eating binge and sought food for comfort. I'm just going though some tough times. My band (and some self-control :eek:) has kept me from doing this, and not gaining any weight back. whew. I had a fill recently that brought me up to 5cc's in my 10 cc band, and I've got GREAT restriction. Not much hunger, and I really have to eat slowly. I LOVE my band!

Any other "love for the band" stories that anyone wants to share?

*warm hugs*

You're right! it has been super quiet lately, what's up with that? lol.

I love my band too. The other day I had this weak moment and thought I could eat some McDonald's french fries. I got a little kids portions and thought, ooh yeah, I haven't had these in FOREVER.. After two bites I started sliming.. lol. Not good. It got stuck.. and the rest got put in the trash.. I'm so lucky that salads and chicken and tuna and veggies all go down REALLy well, but the bad stuff doesn't.. and I didn't even care that I couldn't get the french fries down... It actually made me say "what the heck are you doing?"

I've had to cancel my last two fill appointments.. but I think I might keep the one for August.. Normally I'm tight in the mornings, but this morning it was pretty easy to get my food down.. and I'm starting to "graze" at night for food. I haven't gained anything, but the grazing is my first sign of needing a fill..

But I'm just happy that I'm down 50 lbs and I think this is when people start noticing the most. I'm starting to get comments at work about how I"m "melting away" and how awesome I look. I was wondering when it would happen.. I had originally thought at like 30, but I have a LOT to lose, so its right about 50 lbs when people can totally start to notice, even though I've gone from a baggy size 28 to a 20.. you'd think they would have noticed more like two pant sizes ago. lol

Well I have 90 reasons I love my band. :blush: The pounds I will never see again. I actually turned down a fill yesterday. I'm just barely starting to have some slight sticking sensations and can't still eat most things but I'm losing weight at a really nice rate and don't want to lose that by not being able to get enough calories in a day.

It has been really quiet around this board. Makes me sad too. But I realized that we are all getting to a point where band life is becoming just life. It's not new, very few surprises and most of us aren't to the next stage of reaching our goals and possible plastic surgery. Pretty sure many of us still check every day and would love a chance to post.

I also love my band. It has been very good to me. I have not once gotten stuck, slimed, PB'ed, etc. I had my third fill last week and had a couple of tight days with the swelling, then got right back on course. I can eat a small meal and I'm fine in between. It is amazing to me how different my concept of portions and a "meal" are now.

I hit 81 lbs lost over the weekend. :cool2: I am definitely at my sweet spot after last week's fill so I hope I'll keep losing at this pace. I am hoping to hit -100 around my 6 month bandiversary.

I am hoping to hit -100 around my 6 month bandiversary.

Me too Jaime. I really, really want to hit 100 total gone by my 6 month with is 8-18. Have 10 to go and I think it's do-able. Yippee!!

It seems like I've been only showing up here the night before a fill and for a few days after, but it doesn't mean I've forgotten about all of you. With my lack of a schedule this summer (due to the kids being out of school) its pretty much get up, get the house clean, and get outside. Which also means I'm not really excercising like I should, my eating isn't too aweful, I'm not gaining, and I'm hovering not really a plateau, just playing with a couple of pounds. I go for another fill tomorrow I think I am almost at my sweet spot. I really think that this one will put me at a happy place. I too love my band, but my demons keep haunting me. I think I get cocky and I subconciously freak out and that makes me stall, fortunately my band is the right thing for me and doesn't let those demons take control. Right now its an internal battle, but I am owning it and learning how to deal and move on.

I am so proud of all of your successes, Ezma, Jamie, & Raps, and Crystal!

Me too Jaime. I really, really want to hit 100 total gone by my 6 month with is 8-18. Have 10 to go and I think it's do-able. Yippee!!

My 6 mth is August 28th, which is 6 weeks from tomorrow (Thursday). I have 19 lbs to go. It seems like a stretch, but I tend to average around 15 lbs per month so I think I can do it.

Ezma, I think you can totally lose 10 lbs in a month! You're doing awesome!

I was also hoping to make it to a 100 loss by six months but I am 20 pounds away with just under a month to go, so don't see it happening. But, I am 3 pounds away from my halfway point. Also, DH is taking me to Hawaii in October and I am aiming for losing 40 more pounds by then, which will put me in Onederland! I LOVE LOVE LOVE my band!!

Good to hear from everyone. I normally check in everyday at lunch, but if you look at the time on this post...you can see i can't sleep...woke up at 3am...so i'm up posting. I love my band and usually feel that I'm doing pretty good with my loss and then i read some of your post. You guys are doing so good. I've had 2 fills, the last being Jun 12th, ready for another, but going out of town next week so it'll have to wait until i return. I feel that i can eat anything. Some things seem to get stuck a little but I seem to be able to eat a pretty large portion before i feel full. But with all said its still the best thing that i've done for myself. chat soon.

Keep in mind that some of us are counting more than just since we were banded. Mine is from the time I first visited my surgeon. I've lost 90 total and 54 of that is since the band. You're right there in the ballpark with many of the VVs. You're doing great!

I love my band more each day! I, too, have noticed that the VV's thread is a little dead right now. I think it must be because we are all out living life as it should be lived. I know I am spending much more time out walking instead of propped up with the computer in my lap. :) I do try to check in every day or so to make sure nothing hot is going on.

Jaime and Ezma, you are both doing so terrrific. My goal for 6 months is 75 lbs gone - you are both well ahead of me on that one. I am over halfway to my goal as of last week so I am very pleased with that. This last 20# coast into Onderland will be interesting. I'm hoping to be there by mid September. (Big family reunion end of Sept.)

You all take care,

Hey gang..

Count me in on the "love affair" I have with my band!! I have settled into my sweet spot and am still losing slowly but surely. My loss has slowed because I'm in the midst of training for my second marathon!! Because I run so much, I have to really up my calories and carb intake. I'm gaining some serious muscle though and the difference from last year's training season VS this year's is NIGHT AND DAY!! Having 52 less pounds pounding that pavement has been AWESOME!! I'm also very proud to say that I have raised over $10,000 for the Leukemia/Lymphoma Society who is the beneficiary of my marathon. I feel so empowered, so healthy and so HAPPY!! Things I haven't felt collectively for a long time.

I'm so proud of all of us and feel honored that we have taken this journey together. I know everyday isn't a good day, but as Peabody so brilliantly put "My worst band day is FAR better than my worst non band day"!! YOU GALS ROCK!!!

Edited by marathinner

WOW! It's so wonderful to hear how great everyone is doing! :) Some of you who will have lost 100 pounds at 6 months - amazing job! Even if some of it was before surgery, hey, it still counts as hard work you're doing towards your goal! Congratz all. Ezma, I think you said it right when you said "band life is becoming just life." I agree, I feel like I've settled down into a routine as well (but I definitely need to rework my exercise routine, as was discussed in another thread). And StLouis Gal too - "I know I am spending much more time out walking instead of propped up with the computer in my lap." I agree with this too - less time sitting on my rear looking at the computer screen, more time getting up and about! I have sooo much more energy now.

AMY! WOW, the money you have raised for such a good cause is AWESOME! Respect and admiration to you girlfriend, for taking your weight loss and helping others with it. That's inspiration! And I agree with you about feeling empowered, healthy and HAPPY! :Banane11: The hard work everyone is doing here is really paying off! It's so good to hear everyone's stories :Banane03:

More **warm hugs** to all of you, I'm just so happy to be a part of the Victorious Valentines!